Review: Solarforce L2m and fake "Solarforce" L2m from Kaidomain (warning: picture heavy, not mobile friendly)

YetanothergreatreviewbyFoy!

Your review makes me want to buy my own fake l2m. :bigsmile:

Great way to get an awesome XM-L drop-in.

Foy

Heh, I actually just ordered another one just for the drop-in.

You won't find better packaging protection for shipping a drop-in. That's what a 502 is good for!

Foy

I just got my L2m today and I'm wondering if it's real or not. It's supposed to be the second generation version. It's got the dull finish, but it's missing the anti roll hex on the head. I got it from a top rated seller whom I just sent a message to with my concerns. (I installed the Stainless bezel)

maybe it was a mistake that got through QC. if you're lucky, it could become an ultra rare collector's item in the future.

other than the mixing hex, how do you like the rest of the host? have you tried it with the extender? how does the finish and the knurling compare to the old version?

I love it. I haven't tried the extension and probably wont because I purchased it to be used in the shorty mode. Since this is my first L2m, I can't compare it to the original. The finish looks about the same as my L2p, and the fit is as expected for a Solarforce, excellent.

Update: I installed the extension tube to see how it works with an 18650. Glad to say it works fine with an unprotected Panasonic, and the longer Xtar 18700

All models I´ve seen on Solarforce-sales have had that Anti-roll.

L2m´s are great little things. BTW glenn, do you know if it can take a 18350 battery?

At least new originals are big enough, not the older ones.

edit, link: http://www.solarforce-sales.com/product.php?sname=&s=2&t=FB

edit2: stupid me, naturally it will take 18350 since extender & 18650...

Was it those older L2´s, that took only 16340?

I haven't seen one without the antiroll hex either. That's why I'm a bit concerned if it's real or not. The quality is there, and it came in a what looks like a legit Solarforce package. As far as it fitting a 18350 battery, I couldn't tell you since I've never seen one.

Strange as it may be I've a gut feeling that this could actually be the case.

Might just be that!

Glenn, may I ask where it was ordered and was it expensive?

It is interesting to hear what seller thinks of it

I paid $17.95 delivered from this ebay seller. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solarforce-L2m-18650-CR123A-Flashlight-Host-Black-/360390806959?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item53e8f74daf#ht_2240wt_1163 His picture shows the hex. I sent him a message asking him what the deal is..

Good news! I sent the seller a picture and got this response:

"Hello,
Yes, the flashlight head should have the anti roll hex around the bottom of the head.
May I have your shipping address again and I will send you a replacement ASAP.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and I hope you can accept my apology.
Steven"
Update: Got the replacement head today. Great customer service from ampletex!

nice! if they're letting you keep the original, you should clean it, put it in a zip lock, and save it. it could be the only one of its kind in existence.

He hasn't mentioned returning the original. Unless he's paying for return shipping, which I doubt, I'm not sending it back. I'm just hoping he does what he says and sends me a new one.

I received my L2M from Lighthound yesterday and it came with the anti roll hex head. I swapped it out with a L2T head and a SS bezel to make it shorter and totally smooth. I'm really digging this little light so far.

Solarforce needs to release an L2TM! I was thinking after seeing a pic of the L2T earlier this morning how awesome it would be in an “M” size. The “T” head is gorgeous and a matching 16340/18350 body would be the bee’s knees!

Got it, and I can keep the original :)

I wish the Solarforce L2m came in HAIII.

Where do you get the tail stand tailcap? Does the tail stand tailcap come in gun metal color?

I just but a 504b tail cap on my L2m and noticed it is exactly the same as in foy’s picture.