Review: Solarforce L2M

gords1001 -

Nothing at all wrong with that. Everybody has their own thing. There are guys here that don't own a single lithium-ion battery, something I find amazing but we all have our path. Of course, Foy is addicted to the P60 form factor but it's not without its flaws and limitations. The thing I like about it however, is that a single light can be so many different things and you can bling it up more than other, less prolific designs.

Actually, you're probably smart staying away. Definitely cheaper to not be into P60.

toomanyp60sFoy

Thank you Foy. Great review. I have been thinking about this and you convinced
me to just do it. Thanks

allthumbs

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I have about 6 solarforce lights and this is one of the best . I think the two month older model of this light might be the best solarforce deal out there if they are still 9.95. I'd suggest a pair so you can lego all you like and don't foyget a clip and a Foy bezel

I've got 2 of these on the way...great review by the way Foy. I can definitely appreciate your thick smooth polished bezels, but I also really like tactical strike bezels too even if they're not that practical for pants pocketing. I always thought the B3 bezel was a great compromise of between flat and crenulated...also for me I like the functionality where if you have the flashlight face down and it's on, light will shine through more obviously just like I prefer shrouded tailcaps for tailstandability.

As I posted in another thread, my L2M legos:

whats price shippping for 1 ? :stuck_out_tongue:

$2 shipping

I (previous to reading this post) just (and I mean JUST) ordered the $9.95 model L2M and now because of this (as always) great review I NOW want one of these newer models too. Thank-you-foy! :wink:

This new L2M is beautiful. Aside from the L2T it’s the only one that appeals to me due to the short form factor with the option to run an 18650. I will definitely get one eventually.

Gords, don’t feel bad. I’m not that into p60 hosts either. I have a few but they rarely if ever get used. I’m just not a fan of the output from them. I do suggest you get at least one (and I DO suggest this L2M) if you want to get into modding. P60 format is the best way to learn how to build your own light and perform basic soldering tasks.

• If you find you like the format as much as Foy and others do then it’s a win-win.
  • If you don’t find the format anything special then you won’t be tempted to buy every one you see anyway but you will still have improved your modding skills and it will still be a win-win.
  • If you just want to run stock lights and aren’t interested in the p60 format then you will save money for the lights you do like and be able to afford more of them. It’s still a win-win!

Oh, and Foy…great pics as usual. It’s one sharp looking little torch!!

Enjoy your stay here, allthumbs!

When it comes down to it, what is a thumb? It's just a fat finger, right? Isn't it the opposing placement of a thumb that makes it a thumb?

dontdissthethumbFoy

Another Fantastic Review Foy.

You brought out the Beauty and "Simple" design with wonderful photography.

As a noob, I will have to invest in one of these, based on your review.

Thank You - Foy

Triple A

AnotherawesomereviewasusualFoy!

convienced me to get into a p60 atleast i have to get 1 :stuck_out_tongue:

awshucksFoy

Incredible review as usual, Foy! Thanks so much! Frontpage’d and Sticky’d.

Pricing aside, would there be any reason to get the L2m over an L2P if I plan on using 18650 exclusively? L2P seems to have HAIII, and honestly seems quite similar at first glance. After adding a switch to the L2m for tailstandability, it comes out to about the same price. Also, would I have to be worried about the 3A rating on the L2m if I plan on dropping in one of those XML modules from E1320? Sorry if this thread isn’t meant for discussion; I’m new here :zipper_mouth_face:

Welcome to BLF! The advantage to the l2m is that in the future you could use it with a 16340 if you wanted but a l2p you cannot. Either way you will get a great host though.

Welcome aboard, killmenow!

just curious anyone know sst-50 drop in for this is any good ?