Review: Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-2

3-2-13 update:

southcovekayak pretty much nails it; as superior as Solarforce's P60 style lights are, their big torch offerings do seem to come up a little short, performance wise. Foy's working theory is; just like their drop-in modules, Solarforce generally drives emitters fairly conservatively. It's been a couple of years since I've purchased a SF drop-in so, my opinion may be dated but none I've ever had could hang with even an average T6 module from say, Manafont, in terms of output. Every time I diss SF modules, many are quick to defend and a lot of people are very happy with their drop-ins.

Solarforce's heavy hitters would hit a lot harder if they would push a little more current. My M6 is a perfect example; drop-dead sexy looks, mediocre output and it pulls less than 1.40 amps. It has the mass, it seems to me, to easily handle another amp so . . . all of which is why my MPP2 sports the same layer of dust as my M8/M6.

Being a Solarforce fanboy comes with a cost; buying high quality, great looking flashlights with forgettable output.

outputIforgotFoy