Review: The new HaikeLite MT07 - Buffalo XHP70 thrower

Thanks for the info !

Forgot and been too bizy to post this, but I did finish my full mod on the MT07, and it did come out pretty good

Results:

7,820 lumens at start, 6,902 lumens at 30 secs, 282 kcd taken at 5 m (1062 meters)

Thank you for the update. Do you how many amps are being drawn at the led or batteries?

I am hoping to get similar results with the SRK V2 FET + 7135 driver, on order from Mountain Electronics.

I assume you ordered the MtnE driver for 2S, but what FET? You really want a SIR800DP as a min, SIR404DP is better - dunno if he offers those options. The picture he's got on the site of that driver is an old FET - dunno how they would perform on these high amps.

I wish I knew more about electronics; sadly I have only basic soldering skills and little else. But these seem like easy lights to work on, so I’ll give it a try. This is the driver I ordered:

Isn’t it basically direct drive on high, and 7135 on low? I’d like to better understand your concerns. I believe they are built to handle high amp loads.

I looked at the BLF v3.4 driver on oshpark, but I would need to flash the firmware, correct?

Yes - the OSHPark driver requires reflowing and flashing firmware. You did specify the "SRK V2 Input Voltage" as 2S? You'll need that.

Yes, 2S, and I have the 2S battery carrier.

Well, guess it should work, certainly with the stock XHP70. An XHP70.2 will run at higher amps. Best thing to do is ask Richard, if you didn't already - see if it will work ok for this particular light.

For the question about the FET and 7135, the 7135 is limited to 0.35 amps, which should be about 300 lumens. For any modes higher than that, the FET will be used, pwm'ing the output of the FET so you can scale it anywhere up to the max the driver, FET, wires, and springs will support.

Just to mention that this widget:

“1/4” Screw For DSLR SLR Camera Strap Tripod Quick Release Plate Mount”:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-stock-New-1-4-Screw-For-DSLR-SLR-Camera-Strap-Tripod-Quick-Release-Plate-Mount/32659359889.html
fits perfectly into the tripod hole. The finish is perfect (see Aliexpress page).

That mount comes with the MF-01, was kind of cool. Yes - I've used them on the MT03 and MT07.

so have you guys receive smooth reflector yet?

I got a reply message from HaikeLite …….just wondering whether i should wait for your review or bite the bullet to get one.

I paid, got 1 or 2 responses, maybe the last one said they'd send it out tomorrow - I asked for confirmation when shipped, then nothing... No idea. Haven't repeatedly bugged them, but I will have to threaten a PP dispute I guess at this point.

Mine could have been sent, really dunno...

ok then ill wait for your confirmation before i jump in fire :smiley:

Just emailed them. Didn't realize it's been just over 3 weeks now. This Q8 stuff is killing me...

Update:

Wow - Lee at Haikelite got back to me real quick. Turns out the SMO reflectors had some spots and dirt, so they had them re-finished. On Sunday they emailed me a tracking #, but it got filed as "Junk Email" by hotmail for some reason...

So, mine is on the way.

Lee also said:

"BTW, New batch of bigger MT07 has XHP70.2 with SMO reflector. The beam turned out to be very good."

By bigger I think he means the MT07 as compared to the smaller MT07S. This is great news, least for new buyers.

man I just bought two MT07 now the new version have smooth reflector with 70.2

Arrrrg how i hate HaikeLite

Buy the smooth reflector and do an emitter swap?

I emailed then twice, with no reply? Not good business.

i can modify but the cost is killing me as I am on a budget >.<

The difference is a small amount more throw distance at the expense of an ugly yellow corona. Do you really want that?

oh is it that bad with yellow corona? but it can be minimised if you shave the corners

i think i should ban myself from this forum for a year so i can save money :slight_smile: