Review: Ultrafire UF-H3D Headlamp/Torch

If someone is considering it i can very well reccomend it. I found it very usefull and a very nicely done light. Usually i shop for less expensive flashligts but this one is truly worth the asking price. That along with the outstanding MF service is really hard to miss.

For me is top 3 flashlights i have. I really regret i did not order one before!

Ok I did it. lol

Great review Don, thanks for doing it. I wanted to confirm some things though,

1) I have and H1 and had a H2 of this light and neither had memory or SOS. Is this a relatively new version of this light and is this version (with memory and SOS) only available through manafront? Do all the new version have the "D" on the tail cap (UF H3D vd. UF H3).

2) Is there anyone with both the "old" and "new" versions of this light that can confirm if the output on high is the same.

Thanks for reading.

It does have SOS and remembers the level it was last set at - at least until you remove the cell. It doesn't seem to remember the last brightness over a cell change.

It is only the second headlamp I've had and the other one is a Zebralight so I'm afraid I can't compare.

Thanks Don. I'm more concerned that I get the version with memory. I guess I will be safe if order from Manafont

Could someone take a picture of how this light (or another like it) attaches to a headstrap? I haven't seen it in person and I can't see how it would avoid being off-center (either in weight or illumination).

more pics here http://forolinternas.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1066

Thanks!

It's not UltraComfortable but nothing to worry about. Would have preferred that the rubber part would not touch the front. A bit weird feeling at first but after 20 seconds you don't care about anymore. I hardly ever use it. I prefer clipping it somewhere or tailstanding where matters.

Ok, I bought one :)

This will be my first infinite brightness, magnetic tail light. I also wait for my Zebralight. I guess I can always give this one to my brother in law if not satisfied fully as a flashaholic :)

I already bought a Valentine's Day special Mr. and Ms.Lite couple from Manafont for my in laws. Trying to gain some credit from the wife :)

I got mine today and it wont work. I think its the tailcap. Not happy as Im going night fishing next week and really needed it. Now to see how difficult it is to sort it out with Manafont. Was my first order too.

Does this work with a protected 18650. I managed to get it to work with a bit of foil and I am wondering if the battery is too long and the body of the light is not making contact with the bottom of the cap. I tried it with some salvaged 18650's with no top and a magnet and it works. They are a few mm shorter. Nb: the protected batteries do not protrude out side the body of the light so they should work. Memory does not work and it takes a long time to get sos to work (but I dont care anyway).

It won't work with my soshine 18650 but just works with a trustfire flame if you do it up very tight. Still no memory function

Upon closer inspection with dons photo of the bottom threads mine is different. The o ring sits right against the first thread there is not a gap like in don's picture, maybe they changed the specs.

Now that it works I find its a nice light. All flood and perfect for close up work. The variable brightnes is a good feature. I think I will get the h2 for one of my friends.

I found an old laptop battery yesterday and broke it. I instantly got 6x unprotected Samsung 18650 batteries. I can now use H3d for everything :)

I remember reading several reviews on the UF-H2 to the effect that the light initially appeared broken until the user REALLY tightened down the tailcap. I imagine you might have the same issue. I also found sort of an interesting trick with my UF-H2. If I insert the battery and tighten the tailcap while the light body is in a horizontal orientation I have to tighten the tailcap a lot. But when I rotate the light vertically with the head facing down and then insert the battery and tighten the cap it requires much less tightening of the tailcap. You might try that too.

Mine is the same - it won't work with my flame protected 18650s but will with the eBay fakes - given the runtime the lousy capacity of these isn't important. It does need tightening down hard to play properly.

Hey there Don, good to see you!

Nice having internet access without having to drive for miles. Photos uploading as I type.

Unfortunately the 380 metre beamshots didn't work at all well - I could see the hotspots from the bigger throwers at that distance, but the camera couldn't. I have a bunch of beamshots of a 40 metre range - call it 130 feet.

uh oh. i ordered the uf-h3 and two protected flame trustfires.

so i won't be able to use the light? bummer... wish i would've known sooner

maybe i should've ordered the uf-h2 instead