Rip OFF Lights

A Europe adapter plug can be found in most shops that sell luggage

He PMed me yesterday, and thought we were treating him shabbily, when he was just trying to warn people to beware of that seller. I think he felt we were belittling him, which we were. He said he won’t come back here.

So I guess the lesson to take away is get a bit of a rep established so first post does not appear like a drive-by campaign, and also use the ‘Search’ window and do some research prior to posting. In this case it’s readily apparent that seller is indeed low-life, did you see the $5.00 amber glasses he’s peddling for some exorbitant rate as well? As noted, there is a very thorough thread already on this site about that seller, so the Search window would have allowed this post to have been added to a more appropriate thread.

I got 4 battery packs for the Spark SX5 with that same plug for the AC Adapter. I simply gave the seller a head’s up as it was a minor oversight, and then bought the 4 adapters I linked above for about $0.60 cents each from Fasttech, problem solved for less than the price of a Starbuck’s coffee. Sometimes you have to choose your battles, in the case of Supertorch.eu, I’m afraid the much bigger battle was lost as soon as the ‘Add to Cart’ button was clicked.

I hope this member does come back. This forum can provide so much help for the uninformed and save a bunch of money when buying flashlights. In fact, 10 minutes on here before clicking Buy Now, would have saved this person about $40 and the embarrassment of our comments pointing out what we now see as obvious.

I get upset when I forget to put in a 5% coupon code and you paid 500% for your flashlight. Ouch.

true I know the expertise of forum members have saved me money and frustration! Sorry about your bad experience

I would just like to say thank you arisspaul. Most members here are aware of where to buy lights and where to stay away from. But this thread may help out new members or browser’s that pass by. That’s what this forum is for, to help out people in the flashlight hobby. You have done a good thing. I’am sure members would be glad to help you with questions if you decide to come back.

Just registered to let you know that this forum, and this thread specially saved me of been ripped off.

I was about to order that flashlight. Saw it on facebook. Pictures and description seemed interesting.
I had started to fill the name on the order form. Then decided to check reviews of the Heider CF1 when I found this.

Thanks Arisspaul and this forum for saving me some money and frustation.

Have a few online flash light sellers locally here in SA that sell Ultrafire units at 3x the price and people buy because the ” name brand ” lights are really expensive , EG NiteCore EA4 CW sells for $120-00 US
However if you don’t know it sounds like a good deal.
Also I guess it is a business so if you don’t shop around you deserve to get ripped.

You’re welcome, jmendoza. And welcome to BLF!

Thought I’d add this. Was at the local gunshop and saw this c8 going for $100. Has the standard 5 modes and probably an outdated emitter. Such a rip off. Sorry for the bad pic. Damn glass got in the way. Wouldn’t want anyone stealing these upscale lights would we? edit:pic fixed now I think.

Driveby? I think its clear he was misinformed, got ripped off badly and is embarrassed to reply now that he found he could buy the light+battery+charger for about $12-20.

Pic is broken.

Then I guess Arisspaul deserved a thumb up, I hope he come back to this forum.
Welcome jmendoza1757.

Well this finally kills the stupid thought that

"You get what you pay for "

I'm all for a vendor charging whatever he wants to since it's his stuff . being a bit high on your price and not giving your stuff away is one thing .... stabbing a guy in the heart is something else .

"it pays to shop around "

"Ask a pro "

There are some things which cannot be learned quickly, and time, which is all we have, must be paid heavily for their acquiring.

There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse
and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that
man's lawful prey.

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

I bought a used 2003 honda civic the other day

for $700,000.00 from Heiders Motors

The gunstore/range that I shoot at has had Spiki clones(are there real ones?) in a blister pack selling for 39.95 for about a year now.They even have them painted pink!The funny thing is they also have some Surefire lights selling for under what I have seen them for online?Oh wait….those are already overpriced at retail!Either way, they still have a lot of them in stock! :wink: -Rick

Looks like the domain has changed to www.supertorch.com and www.metem.eu
heider - metem - supertorch
Getting ads on ebay for “300m incredible light power! It’s not a laser new generation flashlight”
not $99.90, it’s $49.90 !

It’s verry similar to a SIPIK SK68 ($6) !

Yeah, you guys may scoff, but they could sure teach you a thing or two about monoculars you did not know before, so it stands to reason they could teach us a few things about lights as well:

and:

As well as coating coatings:

And why binos are now so affordable:

By Jupiter, that’s spot on! :