Samd Club 3 cree

Well it seems that you may be right. The AW RCR 16340 cells run 3.7 nominal and the cr123 is 3.0. If it takes 4 cr123’s in series then the the extra 2.8 volts just might destroy the driver. I wonder what the voltage spread on this thing really is. This is purely speculating at this point like I said I have a lot to learn.

3.7 volts is the nominal voltage, when fully charged they are 4.2 volts, so that means there is a 4.8 volt difference.

Shoot if it blows up I can return it. Who is brave enough to trust they have 4 balanced 16340 anyways?? 2x17670 might have to be used if 18650 don’t fit.

No Sams today or tomorrow :frowning:

Same here. Maybe tomorrow.

Well I took the plunge and bought it. I cant get the head off or whatever you guys call it. I think they may have glued it on lol. Its 3 of the smaller LEDs and the cr123’s are loose fitting so one might be able to put in bigger batts? I will post some pics after a bit.

There was a triple XP-G light posted a few months ago. I wonder if this is an XP-G and if it's the same light. I'm thinking it was from Costco.

EDIT - here's the old thread, but the Costco link is no good.

EDIT #2 - This might be the same light (new Costco link replacing dead link). It's definitely different from the O.P. because this is a 3C cell and not CR123's.

-Garry

Ya its different although it does have the triple XP-G. Not as bright as I thought it would be :frowning: It has a tail switch low- high- strobe. It is brighter then my costco techlite lumen master which has a single XP-G . You would think since it has 2 more XP-G’s then it would be tons brighter.

EDIT

Stick some 18650s in that thing!

I would but I don’t have any but I have a ton of eneloops lmao!!! It will be a bit before I buy some 18650’s as I will need them for my new big light once I figure out which one I want to buy.

I didn’t see it at my Sam’s. However, they did have a 2-pack of lights similar to the Techlites. Maybe they’re the same, I don’t know. It also includes a key chain light.

I don’t care for Sam’s Club. I quickly remembered why I rarely go. Costco shouldn’t have any fear of losing my long time business :stuck_out_tongue:

Weiser, were they called rockeys?

On to bigger and better things. http://www.ebay.com/itm/300862896965?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I hope you didn't pay that price for that light, esp those crap batteries.

-Garry

Ya unfortunately I did. But it was cheaper then getting it from china. I will be buying some panasonics and a good charger.

Instead of getting this light our Sams Club got Silver versions of the Rocky lights they already had :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL mine had both. Give them time.

Well back to the point, i cannot for the life if me get the head off this thing, It’s glued for sure!!! I would love to see what the guts is all about, I might just put this in the vise with a pipe wrench for experimentation only!!! Whats $42.00??

Well i did it! I tore down this thing like debbie tore down Dallas ” although mine has external damadge lol”

I didn’t see a transistor at all! Can this be hiding behind the switch? I am going to re assemble with a little more heat transfer grease!