Samd Club 3 cree

Well to the untrained eye what looks like a choke is in fact a resistor. But i still cant find a transistor smt or old school in this thing.

OK light but my stanley xm-l from wally world $50 is way better as far as throw, flood however is another story. If you want beam shots lmk I will do my best!!!

I’m a noob, but I think these emitters are wired in series.
If you could wire them in parallel and use a different driver, I’m sure you can archive the output you like.

I didn’t even pay that much attention to how it was wired. I am a noob also, thanks for the input. Thinking back I bet the driver was on the other side of the PCB were it makes contact with the batts. Thanks nikanon for the input!!!

UPDATE…….18650’s are to fat and don’t fit. I don’t think they will fit length wise also. BTW, I thought there would be more interest in this?

Thanks for your effforts. I think people are turned off by multi-xpg lights. My Sams had none of these.

Nice job tearing that one apart swamper jmb. You sure you’re a noob? lol Nice pics there too by the way.

Can’t believe you went out and bought it and immediately tore into it. You’re as addicted as I am! :wink: Now you’ll have to mod it to get it to perform like you thought it should in the first place. Give it a little time, the others will chime in with their opinions on how to go about that. Give Scaru a holler about the driver, he’ll have an idea how to swap it out and rewire the emitters so they’ll purr.

I bout fell out when I saw where you’re from, then I saw the MO on the end of it. I’m next door to Belton, TX. :slight_smile: Dang wind’s trying to blow us off the map all day, but we’re hangin on!

Luck with your mod :wink:

LOL Belton TX who would’ve thought.

The big issue I see is that it’s VERY regional.

I don’t know how long my Sam’s had them. TBH I really never looked for fl’s when I shop there. It is interesting that just my Sam’s have them and others doesn’,t I will check the other Sam’s 7 miles north of me to see if they carry them.