Samsung 30Q GB Resolution

He did not say that they do not work in any of his other lights that take flat top cells, which is my point. His order is wrong insofar as to what he ordered, this we agree on I believe. Instead of shifting gears and possibly finding a fit for these fully functional cells that were wrongly sent, he wants a full refund. The full refund is an option, and can be done obviously, if Banggood doesn’t, we all know Paypal will.

Instead of considering other options, due to the past positive history of this vendor with this forum, he posts an all or nothing approach. I have little doubt that if any of us came across good batteries for free we would reject them. Getting a refund and still using the flattops is what I suspect a majority of all or nothing types will do with this situation….

They are good batteries, just not button top like ordered. If you really have no use for them, and you get a refund, I hope you find a use for them. If you have a use for flattop batteries and are exploiting a process and policy for your gain, that is on you, but it also reflects on this forum…

Profit is not a zero sum game, or teamwork and collaboration would have no use….

The easiest way to get rid of the unwanted batteries is to put it up for sale via craigslist/ebay (or equivalent) for your local community. Demand for such batteries should be high, thanks to evergrowing vaping market. Grab whatever $1-2 per cell refund from Banggood and get over with it. This method will assure close to zero lost if you price them correctly. It will definitely cost you some personal time through this route but it could be still faster than PP dispute with unknown outcome.

To avoid going through the same experiences as your fellow members, i suggest to put your order on hold or cancel it if they have not been shipped out. Resume your order only after Banggood announces that their inventory issue has been resolved.

Only order this if you have the equipment to weld them to the cell, because they can’t be soldered. I have over a hundred of these tops, ordered them thinking that they would just solder like a brass top but they don’t take solder no matter how much I heat them.

Nope, they are Stainless. They will weld, but not solder.

FYI for this thread - From what little I know, Samsung does not make button top cells, (at least not the 30Q and several others). They basically make flat top cells for bulk battery packs, not for retail and then purchased in bulk by wholesalers. The "button tops" are done by third party also. They are basically a raised tin or steel button that is resting on the flat top and held on by a plastic washer, that is glued on, so they are not even welded onto the cell. I have seen some soldered on, but not many. Not the best way to make a button top, but not done by the manufacturer either.

So, it's flat tops or nothing, with the only alternative being what NikolaS mentioned in Post #41.

BLFA6 SE, BLFD80 SE, and Astrolux S1.

I didn’t read everything here, but it seems to me that in order to expect a full refund you’d have to ship the cells back, no? I mean that is only fair. Unless, of course, you are trying to get free cells, which is not fair.

Not to mention that bg also messed up the x5/x6 groupbuy, kinda looks normal to get the wrong item, after so many screwups :slight_smile:

Thanks, looking into that.

It is entirely possible that BG never had their own hands on the cells. That doesn’t make it right, of course, but it would make the “substantial magnitude” much less. I’m sticking by my version of “only fair”, because objectively, your version seems completely one sided. Obviously, your perception of it is different.

What was the GB cost? I could use 4 - 30Q flattops if someone wants to sell them to me. USA

I believe, but am not positive, that the cost was $5.25.

I’m not going to argue with you about it anymore. I get it. You think you are entitled to keep some top of the line cells, free of charge, by getting a full refund. I disagree. Okay?

I’m not speaking for him, but I don’t believe we’re entitled to keep the cells. However, I also don’t believe we’re responsible for their mistake, regardless of how much it costs them to correct it. I have no issues at all with returning the incorrect product, but it is not our responsibility to bear the shipping costs or to individually find our own solution (EB, CL) to resolve their mistake. IF we had ordered the wrong product, then it would be different.

KuoH

That is the crux of my argument right there! How can it be so difficult for some to understand that? I spent 3 decades of my working life in retail and wholesale shipping departments. If incorrect goods were shipped we made good. In a case where we shipped the wrong goods we would pay for the return shipping or tell the customer to keep the goods. I guess I have simply got used to that.

I don’t believe anybody ordered cells hoping there would be something wrong with the order so they could wangle some free cells. We all just wanted a good deal on some button tops.

PM me if anyone is interested

Why couldn’t BG just send a postage paid (padded ?) envelope to U.S. customers and then just send them to their U.S. warehouse in the same package that was received? http://us.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-LED-Flashlight-c-Usa-2037.html I will return flat tops if Banggood pays shipping cost. I want new Button Top cells sent to me at no charge. Simple! :wink:

The mailing can be handled without too much difficulty but does require special packaging to make it easy and simple. Richard at mtnelectronics uses a cool little box with foam padding / separators. That is placed in amailing envelope. But it does mean extra hassle on BG part. Plus the special labels for the exterior. Quite possible to do, just a bother.

I returned some cells to amazon once and they supplied all the necessary papers / labels.

Skytrooper,

Your first rant was 8 hours ago, you were angry then, now 8 hours later, still angry.
After reading your posts we have learned;

1. You currently have $21 tied up on cells which may or may not be correct. We don’t know that because you have not gotten them yet.

2. You live in South Dakota.
3. You want total refund.
4. You are an expert on USPS rules concerning battery shipments.

Well OK then, get your refund (either through Paypal or your credit card company) and Never order from Banggood or Gearbest or any other China retailer as you seem to have nothing both loathing toward their country subsidizing the postage, yet have no problem using that to your advantage in the form of better prices than you could ever get in the USA.

$21 is one round of beers with a small group of friends, 2 meals at McDonalds, or about 11 gallons of gas depending on where in the USA you are.

I can’t speak for the value of Your time, but I will guarantee you 8 hours of My time is worth a whole lot more than $21

So, spend the money on gas and drive around some and see if you can find the Button top batteries maybe at a Vape shop. Buy local and smile at the fact you are helping the local economy.
And getting what you want, in your hand, not in the mail.
Here are some vape shops in your state;
https://vapeabout.com/vape-stores-in-SD.php

I am sure there are others as well, this is just one search result.
Hope this helps and hope you can calm down as the rise in blood pressure is not worth it.

Or better yet, support one of our best members, Richard at Mountain Electronics.
He has plenty of High Quality button top batteries and ships fast and safely.

P.S. Just because you don’t want to solder on battery tops (Which is fine, I get that) it does not mean you can not put a small spot pf solder on the flashlights driver button/spring to make the flashlight accept the flat top batteries.
Solder iron is cheap and it is never too late to try it, really easy actually.

HTH
Thanks and God Bless,
Keith

A dropshipper.
Click for definitions.

That’s how this often works. I’ve sometimes ordered more than one of somet small item and received each in a separate package, separately mailed, bagged or taped or foamed differently with different packing material, on different dates, with different labels, via different routes, with weeks or months’ difference in arrival time.

Perhaps this will help you understand how it can happen.

Yes, it was a screwup. No, I’m not joining in on the what-should-who-do-with-what.

Just answering the rhetorical question asked.

It’s a failing of mine.

My order now says back order. I’m guessing they’re trying to sort out this mess. I’m willing to cancel my 4 batteries and pay the same price to someone here for their flat tops. If you’re interested, PM me.

Thanks