Samsung Note 7 Battery

The Note 7 is actually a pretty chunky phone, it’s a 5.7” screen and has a 3500 mAh battery and it’s 6.04 x 2.91 x 0.31 in, so not small in any way.

There are reports they cut the QC in a rush to get the phone to market before the iPhone 7 announcement and it has literally blown up on them.

> talking one phone here

Three, now.

The text message is damning, they are trying to suppress and spin the problem.

Glad I have a Moto X Pure. It hasn’t blown up yet

“…AT&T is discontinuing all sales and exchanges of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphones following a number of fires caused by supposedly ”safe” phones that had been replaced under recall.”

Wow! Samsung should pay for that desk!!

Cite/source/link?

I’m always interested in QA/QC info

The US CPSC have said the phone has an inherent battery design fault.

http://washpost.bloomberg.com/Story?docId=1376-ODJPO96VDKHV01-3EQI3MJ68LK6GV47LGE6CD0OK9

and the comment about rushed QC

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-18/samsung-crisis-began-in-rush-to-capitalize-on-uninspiring-iphone

Thank you Dave. for the links

Like Volkswagen, Samsung should be held responsible for their actions in the market place.

Corporations should not be too big as to not jail and be held responsible. If the U.S. Supreme Court gives a corporation the status of a ‘person’ it should be punished and made responsible as a ‘person’.

I was traveling this week, via American Airlines on domestic routes. The flight out last week, I thought the attendant was making one of those “funnied” up safety talks when he specified the Samsung Galaxy Note 7’s MUST be turned off for the flight. The other three flights also had the same announcement over the course of a weeks worth of flying….

Seems that this may be their main thing remembered for the next ten years or so. Like the old joke about being a talented craftsman, but they don’t call you that because you are the fellow they caught boinking a goat… Or in this case, the Samsung goat 7 boinks you!

Every and all beings are fully responsible for what they are, nothing is random. There's no excuse.

What do you mean by “punishment”? As a fear based energy, I do not prejudically condone it any longer. It can be rooted in our beliefs, obviously for no good reason. This doesn't means we should just shut up and do nothing, yet this shouldn't prevent us from being loveful with those who commit “errors” and provide fair and fruitful solutions for all of the involved.

If I were to speak… well, I ain't got time to bleed. May all beings be happy. :-)

Cheers ^:)

Yes, punishment should be used with discretion.

The U.S. has a larger percentage of prisoners based on population than even China; a new documentary “13th” has provided evidence that ‘prison labor’ is being used by well known U.S. business’s.

http://www.prisonstudies.org/highest-to-lowest/prison-population-total?field_region_taxonomy_tid=All

Has anyone tried to peel off the battery. Might be an ultafire inside

It appears Samsung tried symbolically to fit an alkaline ‘D’ battery into an alkaline ‘C’ battery cylinder.

allegedly the plane fire was because the phone went down into a seat and got bent - damaging the battery physically - when the seat back went up.
which means it wasn;t strong enough.

also - the ‘’battery problem’‘could also be called a ’‘phone power use’’ problem.

wle

Civil crimes usually don’t result in prison time. The typical means for redressing the wrongs are monetary damages. Or are you saying that Samsung intentionally did a poor job on the phone/battery?

Caveat this is based on my understanding of the US legal system.

Careful with the political side of this issue please!

What I don’t understand about this is how turning it off prevents a fire? It’s just a “soft” switch that never actually breaks the circuit, and I suspect it draws about as much power when “off” as it does when powered-up in Android’s deep sleep mode.

Ah ok, thanks for the explanation. It just seems like it’s still not a very good safety measure, since many of the new fire reports were from phones that were just lying there without being used.

“just lying there” doesn;t mean that they weren;t sat on and the battery shorted last week and no one noticed til the fire a week later.

then they say ’ i didn;t do anything ’

most cylindrical batteries are way more immune to this kind of damage, but no one wants a phone 5/8” thick

(though that is exactly what most ‘power banks’ are - an 18650 or 2 inside a case)

wle