Should Fasttech get an 'Avoid' rating?

I sure hope so. I used to enjoy buying from them and feeling rather good about getting my order within two weeks.

Old-Lumens hit it on the head.

You see, us Old Bucks can remember when you ordered something “Mail Order” or “Catalog Order” that they told you up front, “ALLOW 6-8 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY” and guess what? They meant it.
If you called them (Via a regular, read TOLL call number) and asked them where your order was after like 2 weeks they would more or less ask you if you just fell of the Turnip Truck., I.E. you are a newbie or a youngin’ or just stupid.

Anyway, we get spoiled when stuff comes to us in 2 days via Amazon because they have so many Fulfillment Centers (Slave driving Plantations) within earshot of our houses in the states.
Soooooo, when an order takes more than 3 weeks from half way across the world, some of us may get our panties in a bunch and start to scream blue murder.

Bottom line is, we all should be glad that we can pretty much order direct from near the source, instead of getting hosed by the middle man for 40% like the old days.
We have it good, enjoy it when it works good and suck it up when it doesn’t.
You want it turbo fast, step up and pay DHL and then shut up. You want it free, shut up and wait.
You don’t like it that way, don’t order it in the first place.

Patience is a virtue, but she won’t always wait :slight_smile:

And one more thing, I am about tired of customers pizzing and moaning about supposed dust and dings from an item just to shame the vendor into a small discount. Funny how a few dollars makes everything rosy. Karma is a bitch.
The internet is a powerful tool and should not be abused by chiseler’s trying to screw someone out of a few bucks on an item that is already sold at a very slim margin.
You know who you are.

Later,
Happy FastTech Customer since their inception,
Keith

I second that remark. Buyers need to have more realistic expectations.

Great post. I think that makes sense as all my missing orders were under $20. The orders over $20 were shipped and delivered. The orders under $20 simply were never even shipped to me as far as I can tell. It’s like they can’t be bothered with a $4 order. They are happy to take the order and your money but never ship the item. I’ve had to deal with Paypal to get a couple of dollars back. More hassle than it’s worth.

If they can’t be bothered to ship an order of a low dollar amount, why don’t they just say $20 minimum order to get free shipping or something. I could always add something to make the $20 if I needed to.

:bigsmile: I cheat :bigsmile:

Finally made my first FT order with free tracking last Feb 14. Just checked status and its still processing but am not complaning. As long as I’ll receive those 6 drivers, 100 7135 chips, and other mod supplies am happy.
Now I almost know what this thread is about. :slight_smile:

I don’t think they should get an avoid rating, but a not as good as they used to be rating may be warranted, also the paypal window at 45 days may not be long enough, while Justin is correct, you can’t give them the benefit of the doubt unless you like being taken advantage of.

I have not had to so far but after 40 days i will go to paypal if i don’t get my item, not because i don’t understand the postage can be damn slow but because i can’t afford to lose my money. If it were increased to 60 days i would wait till 55.

During the fasttech battery crisis, I had order that I didn’t received after 45 days and fasttech refund me without any problem.
Old Lumens is right, if you are not willing to wait, pay more.

I was not meaning in any way to slight RMM. Richard is Awesome. I was only pointing out that IS gets orders to their conus destinations in 2 to 3 days reguardless what part of the US you are in. I should have included RMM in the statement too.

I’ve never had a problem with FastTech that wasn’t solved to my satisfaction, one order in 30 last year went astrayI got a refund and re-ordered the same goods with no problem.
Considering the distances involved the delivery times are good, I’m in the U.K.
FastTech often gets a lot of stick about things totally outside their control, once they have shipped an order that is then the postal company’s responsibility to deliver - nothing to do with FastTech.
I’m certainly going to use them again, I’ve had good service and fair prices from them.

I'm still happy with them... I had some delays and frustration late last year when everyone was being affected by the Shipping crackdown, but everything eventually went through with no issues. To date, I remain satisfied with FastTech and continue to shop with them without reservation.

I have placed several orders, including knives and batteries, and everything arrived intact and within a reasonable one month (give or take a week) delivery window. I will continue to buy from them until things go south. How much if any of the buzz against FT is being driven by competitors?

They remind me of some women I used to know.

Ladies, feel free to make the same analogy.

That would be much easier to forgive if they actually shipped items out the door within the time frame their website says. If an item says it's ready to ship immediately, I'm going to be ticked off if they take 2 days to ship it and it takes another 2 days for it to start tracking. That's bad service and it doesn't or shouldn't matter if you upgrade the shipping service as Justin recommended.

Maybe they shouldn't have put estimated ship times on their website, but they did, and blaming customers for holding them to that is ridiculous.

The only other place that didn’t deliver my orders was the much hated Dino-Direct. I stopped ordering from DD and I am on the edge of not ordering from Fasttech unless it is a larger order. For a few bucks, it’s more hassle than it’s worth to fight for your refund when they don’t ship it to you. For $80, I will remember and file my Paypal claim.

Dinodirect worked hard to earn their avoid status. Even when they delivered orders, it was very frequently the wrong light even after then came on this site and said they corrected their problems.

It wouldn't take much for Fasttech to be very nearly as good as they used to be. Unfortunately I doubt we'll get them to test batteries, flashlights and drivers and providing dimensions of internal host parts like they used to.

Maybe this should be a poll post

Estimate:

“roughly calculate or judge the value, number, quantity, or extent of. approximate, make an estimate of, guess, evaluate,guesstimate, consider, believe, guess, reckon, conjecture;”

The times quoted were an estimate not a specific time frame. Why Hold them to a higher standard than they themselves are stating? No reason to get ‘ticked off’

They are a discount dealer, they have to get their shipping at low cost so they use shipping agents and expediters. By that very nature, that imposes a delay before the parcels enter the postal system.

Postal costs have risen by quite a large amount, it is perfectly understandable that FT would try and find the most cost effective way of delivery and maintaining their prices. Expect something different……. find a premium dealer at premium prices and carriage costs.

They are getting a lot of very unwarranted flack, which they do not deserve. The assertion that they should have an ‘Avoid’ status is ludicrous.

if i see the prices from fasttech and here on europe i waiting no problem.

dx ,ios ,fasttech never on problem Always have the stuf.

I use DX, Intl-Outdoor, KD, bangood, buyincoins and others but Fasttech gives me faster service and better prices than any of these.

I have used Fasttech for over 12 months (since I discovered them) and dozens of orders and have had a few minor problems, all of which have been resolved amicably.

I have always received goods within 2-3 weeks of their shipping dates.

I vote that Fasttech should be listed at the TOP of any preferred list of suppliers, as their price/performance ratio is unbeatable and so I would like to encourage any new members to try them out for themselves, and ignore the whingers.