Should Fasttech get an 'Avoid' rating?

You seem to misunderstand. They put a time in which they should be able to ship things out. Do you shop on Fasttech? I shouldn't have to explain this to you. Your comment about holding them to a higher standard makes no sense. Again I have to ask, do you shop on Fasttech? You should know exactly what standard I'm referring to, especially since you seem to be confusing it with the performance of the courier.

To prevent further confusion, here's a picture.

Yeah, I expect them to ship it within 3 business days like they put in their ad.

And I'd expect them to ship this within 5 business days.

The only problem I’ve had like that was an Enlan EL-01 that went from shipping in 3 days to out of stock after I’d placed my order but my money was refunded without any hassle, they couldn’t get another supply in time to ship so marked it as out of stock, it stayed that way for a couple of weeks.
Much better than being told to hang on and be patient, basically being lied to, and I’ve no doubt that happens as well, just not to me, yet.

REALLY? I MISUNDERSTOOD!!!

YOUR QUOTE!!! ‘Maybe they shouldn’t have put estimated ship times on their website’ UMMMMM!!!

YES I DO SHOP at FT Occasionally had a few issues. All resolved satisfactorily. I have even made a point to them on one occasion about listing an item in stock when it wasn’t. MISTAKES happen! Or is your world so different and perfect that there is never any errors?.

’ I shouldn’t have to explain this to you’ Stop being so arrogant. PLONK! (old usenet tradition)

Well, fasttech or any online sellers can’t keep stock for everything.
So for some items they rely on distributor or factory to supply stock on demand.
I don’t blame them if they somehow can’t get hold on stock.
I don’t think they are lying to customer even they put In Stock or Usually Ship In 3 Days but at the end I have to wait longer because their system is not updated 100% every day or every second.
If you want to make sure In Stock is a real In Stock, email them to check before purchasing.

Fasttech still remains at the top of my list of sellers.

By the way, all my orders with FT got shipped the next day if not the same day.

Leaf is referring to FT’s stock estimate, not their estimated/average order shipping times.

I really wouldn’t fault them for inaccuracies on this either as it is probably too costly for a business of their size to constantly update and maintain. So it too should be taken as an approximate level of stock or ‘with a grain of salt’.

Even major establishments like homedepot and the like only update occasionally and often suffer from inaccuracies. It’s just the current state of technology in online shopping.

Edit: DENGOH makes a great point as well.

I had a similar issue when I ordered the same knife last November. They took it out of the rest of my order and then marked it as back-order. But at the same time they charged by credit card for the knife. I decided to let it ride and finally got the knife the last week of December.

Other than that I haven’t had any issues with my 11 orders. All were delivered within 2 weeks after they were marked as shipped.

Yes, I think you misunderstood. I noted how instead of explaining your logic, you accused me of being arrogant.

In my world, mistakes happen far less often than not, but the problem I referenced seems to be a very common problem with Fasttech as mentioned by many others here and on Fasttech. When it happens so often it's not just a mistake, it's their way of doing business.

They do seem a little slower lately, but so far so good with Fasttech. Probably the only Chinese seller I’ve had no issues with, and I’ve placed some huge and complicated orders with them. I wouldn’t be shy about telling everyone they suck if they did, but I’d like to take the opportunity to say how happy I am with them and impressed that they seem to be so much better than some of the others that I won’t mention here. Maybe tomorrow that will change, but at this point I’m giving them 5 stars and a thanks for being awesome!

Have had a few issues but all were resolved satisfactorily.

Will continue to shop @ Fasttech …

You want cheap and good flashlights, and you want them fast.

Well, you can have any two of the three, cheap, good and fast. But you can’t have all three…

No. For the reasons already stated.

Placed order February 12th for non battery items that were all showing “in stock” but order is in “Packaging” stage. I placed my first order from RMM Sunday the 23rd for some small items. If my package from RMM gets here quick I will probably spend most of my flashlight money ordering in the US.

I have ordered quite a lot from them (all together more than 4000 dollars), it looks like I experienced the “battery crises”.
The behavior of this company made it easy “Never ever again Fast Tech”. One week response to the “tickets” and also trying to get to the 45 day mark.
They are very generous if we speak of values less than 30 dollars, in my case more than 400 I would have not got my money back without paypal.
There are other option even some sellers from Aliexpress are faster and much more reliable.

I have 23 pages of orders from them and 11 orders waiting to be shipped made up to 10 days ago, when they started delivery time was about 2 weeks to Aus but now its regularly over 45 days which means a big hastle of opening PayPal disputes and then having to monitor every package by checking the tracking numner when it arrives and cross refrance it with my FastTech order history and my PayPal history as I often buy multiples of 3-5 of the same item multiple times a week.

They screwed me out of money multiple times because I didn’t open a PayPal dispute in time and after that they aren’t willing to do anything to help find orders that never turned up.

The customer service and handeling and shipping times have become unbearable, yet I still buy from them because of their prices.

previously I would say no.but after this week, I definitely say yes.
read my last post here…