Skyray King (3xXML, 4x18650 Fatty)

The King gets much too hot wherever you use it! (well, maybe not in Helsinki)

Hopefully someone will mod the controller cos it really needs a mid setting of around 1000lm.

http://www.lampfind.com/lampby_3231865_SKYRAY-King-Flashlight.htm

This company may be the manufacturer ??? Could make some suggestions to them i suppose

http://www.dhgate.com/20pcs-sky-ray-king-flashlight-cree-xm-l-led2000/p-ff808081359ee1b50135bcd3d5c87714.html

Whole sale price is $30

Holy cow!!! We should start doing our own group buys!!

How is such a price possible? Can it be a clone? I know most people already got one, but at that price if ever we do a group buy I am in!

Actually the price is $41/each since we would only be buying 1 or 2 lots. Less than $10 to distribute and ship to each member in the US once they are here and each member is in for $50 for a King. Still not too shabby!!

Edit: Each continent could buy that area's members to make shipping to each member once they arrive more affordable. That is why I mentioned US members. I didn't mean to exclude BLF members outside the US for any other reason except logistics for this example.

I have ordered mostly 18650 chargers and battries fromthis site and they arrived Within 15 days here in vancouver and in good condition. Its kinda like the chinese version " ebay" i think

A lot of guys that have purchased Kings are reporting problems with them so how would the defective units be handled? The person placing the initial order would have to deal with that since they would be the only one with a receipt for the original purchase. That could prove to be a serious unexpected headache for the person originating the group buy.

This is very true.

I don't suppose that a group buy could be arranged with the seller agreeing to send the items to multiple locations and not just one... ???

Simple, its China .50 - $1.00 for labor, things are dirt cheap made over there. Just think the $30 price gets it to the USA *with* EMS shipping. So that means the Chinese vendors over there selling on the Internet are getting them even cheaper! ~ $20

Problems? What kind of problems with the skyray king?

It's a theoretical scenario, just in case someone organize a group buy for this 20/lot $41 Kings, then a few (or all) happened to be fake/DOA/dud/whatever, that organizer will have a serious headache.

I'll also add possible tax to the list.

In the end, it might just be easier and even economical just to pay $65 and get it in 10 days. I got mine in 7 days. SG shipping rocks. Pre-tested as well (and pre-scratched contact PCB) :)

vroooommm!!!! vroooooommmm!!!

Man I love beam shots... I have the light and I still love to look at beamshots. Lol

mee too mee too

the lights that actually do come close to or similar output cost 5 to 10 times more then the king :)

Nothing there Shaq?