Skyray King (3xXML, 4x18650 Fatty)

Much better Shaq.

Good stuff, Shaquille! Out of all of those the king is closest to the tk70.

I JUST PRAY TO GOD THEY LAST A FEW YEARS SO WE ALL CAN ENJOY IT. ARE THERE ANY DRIVERS AVAILABLE THAT CAN BE REPLACED IN CASE IT BURNS OUT ? I KNOW THE XML CAN BE REPLACED ! HAS ANYONES KING DRIVER GONE KAPUT COMPLETELY???

The King's moderately driven even on high, with good heatsinking, I doubt the driver will fry that easily. 7.5A at tailcap is just equivalent to 2.5 tailcap on single XM-L light - who really worries driving XM-L at 2.5A? Hah. Even those cheap 5-modes driver pull 2.8A :)

Now if you mess with the driver and force 10 - 12 Amps, that's a different story...

Not to my knowledge but it has already been discussed how easy it would be to replace the driver with a Nanjg 105 slave setup. I thing even Dr. jones has a custom program for it that utilizes the electronic switch.

pheww!!! im so glad to hear that!!!

check out this site

http://marsfire.en.alibaba.com/product/541012452-213340492/SKYRAY_King_Flashlight.html

it says the king has a medium mode of 1000 lumens!! is this an updatd version or somthing???

http://www.dinodirect.com/flashlight-led-t6-xml-cree-2000lumens.html

Sweet deal !!!

Nice... but I can't help laughing at the description

Hi! Why not take the 2000lumens LED torches? With delicate optic designs, these 3-mode LED flashlights can produce bright light at night. These 2000lumens LED torches are environmentally friendly and energy saving as well. These LED flashlights are nontoxic to human health and help protect eyes as well. Let us make things much better from now on!

I didn't know Skyray King is non-toxic, but I certainly did NOT expect it to help protect eyes! 2200lumens worth of eye protection... hahaha... gotta love DD.

You just. Read my mind !!! Ahahaha !!

I was giggling away at the chinglish as well . Its facinating lolzz

BTW... My King survived straight 2.5+ hours on high, ambient ~30C, no cooling.

4x 2900mAh Panasonics unprotected all the way down to 2.6V. I must admit though I didn't mean to do it on purpose. Accidentally left on high on my table upside down, and the bezel and lens was out for cleaning so the head was flat and no light can be seen.

It survived nevertheless, with no visible effect or drop in brightness [EDIT - after changing to fresh batteries, of course]. So there we go, YOU CAN GUN THE KING on high all the way, no problem.

This light is truly a KING. I'm more happy with my purchase than ever.

wow ! That is awsome news !

Im still waiting for mine to arrive from lightmalls . 9 days 6 hours 22 minutes and 5 seconds since i placed the order :(

Im just curious as to why you took the risk and decided to open it up and clean the lens and bezel !!! Was there dust particles inside ???

i always end up leaving fingers prints no matter how well i clean lens and itl bug me all night til i redo it again and again to perfection ( if there is such a thing as perfection)

Risk? No the bezel just screw open from the top, nothing to it.

I tested the king under tapwater the day before, the next day the switch seem too sensitive so I suspected water may have seeped in and interfered with the contact so I opened the lense to have a quick look. Might as well clean it.

I don't know if water really did seep in or not though, the inside seemed dry enough, if they did must have been a very small amount. And with the heat from 2.5hrs run, nothing would be left by now :)

Ohhh I see! im thinking of buying the unprotected panasonics 3100 . Iv been eying it on amazon for a while now

. i hope your king dosnt have any hard feelings for all the abuse youv been givin him . Respect to the king lolzzz

wonder if they sealed off the passage way where the switch wires run to the driver .maybe theres a flexible rubber underneath the metal button .. Maybe we can apply some high temp silicone in the passageway So water has no chance of getting into driver compartment ?? Im going crazy thinking about this water seepage issue you raised . please dont die on me oh meighty king !!!

Keep it simple: Don’t let your new baby get dunked. I’m fanatically anal about getting my lights-especially modded ones that I put my soul into-from getting wet.
Water is for two things: showering and drinking.
Rich

And wet t-shirt contests...

My king from lightmall !

Tracking :

2012/05/22. 21:32

VANCOUVER International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs.

. I can almost feel it in my hands !

im tempted to get this light just to compare it to my tm11... i got my tm11 for $150 shipped during a promo (its the latest version)