So Anybody Else Decided To Boycott Dino-Direct

And I was foolish, but not anymore. They won't get another cent of my money. Those pictures above say it all.

All you proved was that light was a reworked body. I use that same body to build my lights (get my TR1200 tubes from MF). So one of DDs vendors did a crap job of painting. DD doesn’t manufacture squat. They are just a retailer. If you don’t like budget sellers from China then buy elsewhere. Hell I have bought a multitude of Ultrafire 501BS from many Sellers and never have received the same exact light twice. Will the original UF501b ever be found? Please tell us what customer service said about your fake SkyRay fry ray. One of the reasons I come to BFL is to get the scoop on the great or the poop on the latest toys from whomever.

My point is that they sold this light to me. They have to take responsibility for what they buy and what they sell. A legit company wouldn't be buying fakes and selling them as something else.

And if you are so set to root for Dino-Defect then go for it. They will screw you too just like they have a lot of others here so far. Most here would agree with me that they in fact suck and that's putting it politely. .

+1 Other than the DinoDung\UF-H2 promotional deal, I have never had a problem. I have made many orders too. Not doubting anyone elses problems I just have not experienced the problems. Now if you want to talk about their crazy pricing schemes.....

And I could care less about this crappy light. Like I said the point of this thread was started before I received this light. I'm not going to do business with them again nor am I going to talk to their crappy customer service.

Now is their any more horror stories out there that others would care to elaborate on?

They will dig their own grave eventually.

So far Ive ordered from them only because of their coupons and gift cards - acquired my first gift cards through their customer service(read - wrote 5 positive reviews about them on 5 different review sites, not that I lied in those reviews or anything, but I see whats the rage all about with them lol).

Overall they are good if you like to get something for rather cheap and dont need it in hurry, thats how I do.

If theres deal to be had with them and dollars spared, then Ill buy from them.
BUT if they drop their coupons even lower, then I might not order from them again.

Needless to say that they failed to offer REAL group buy, which was a shame because so many people wanted something and we could even have 2 lights depending on activity. All they could offer were regular coupons, which is far from cheap given that most of the lights could be had for cheaper from other vendors even with DD coupons applied.

Are you boycotting them or just not buy from them in the future? :)

Sorry you got a rebuilt light. Honestly, I'm kind of glad to see them recycle the body, but they could have done a better job. That's a pretty common body style.

I've ordered from Dino a handful of times and been satisfied. When I've dealt with customer service they were surprisingly good, able to resolve problems over chat and issue refunds very quickly.

They are definitely "approach with caution" though. They have so many fake reviews (though they are easy to catch). I think a lot of these sellers are getting ripped off by their fraudulent suppliers, making them fraudulent too.

I saw something that said the standard way of doing business in China is you order from a supplier and if you're happy, you order more stuff but tell the supplier he has to cut the price. Eventually the supplier will either quit or just give the seller crappy product. That would explain why good lights from some sellers eventually become crap.

You can try focalprice, we are prepared to serve for you...

Well I used the term loosely. But let's just say I'm done with their evil ways.

You've got to change your evil ways, DD

Before I stop buyin' from you

You've got to change, DD, and every word that I say is true.

You've got me wishing, and hoping, my light will arrive

You've got my praying, and cursing, you'll stop all your jive

This can't go on!

Lord knows you've got to change... (apologies to Mr. Santana)

Interesting that DinoDirect would feel that way about itself. ;)

No more of my money !!

I purchased what was supposed to be a Ultrafire 504b, 5 mode xml.

After 3 weeks I tried their "customer service" to find out if there was a problem since I hadn't received a order confirmation e-mail. They did not respond ! I tried a number of times to contact them regarding the order with the same results. 14 weeks after purchase a Uniquefire l2 with a 3 mode xml was delivered. I do understand that shipping from overseas takes time. What really angered me was the lack of response to order inquiries. Then top it off by receiving the wrong light.

Not what I wanted. Not what I ordered. Not What I paid for. And I don't have time to babysit resellers.

NO EXCUSES ,You're done !!!

ILF, I'm sorry for your light. DD has so many wrong items sent documented in this forum. I don't know why they never learn. Link for the skyray you bought?

Twilight Zone .......how to serve man ....

it's a cookbook

Welcome to BLF, Sardion Master! Sorry your first post was in this thread about Dino-Dung...

I guess maybe I am one of the lucky few?

I've placed at least a half dozen orders from DD, mostly with coupons and special deals. Everything has come through as expected with one exception: one of the lights was supposed to be XML, but turned out to be XPG even after I confirmed via online chat. I did get a few bucks back from that.

Other than that, I've been happy with my orders, but their prices have gone up lately so I have not been buying anything until another reasonable deal is advertised.

Well I really don't want to go to their site. But you can find it by looking for 3 XM-L 3800 lumens.

Thank's BetweenRides. I've been reading here for a while now. I joined today and was reading new post & saw this. Felt the urge to "share" as well. I've had a lot of good experiences with "overseas" re-sellers. This one deserves the bashing it's getting.

Welcome to BLF, Sardion Master!