So it begins...bought a Sipik SK68 last night; There goes minimalism

I ordered one yesterday with a few other lights, for the price I thought what the hey. I like single AA lights for EDC, but for some reason, now I seem to carry a couple of 18650 lights as well! I AM NOT AN ADDICT! (I could do with some more pockets though) :wink:

Anyone bought This One ?

Just get 1 flooder , 1 thrower , 1 EDC , 1 keychain light , 1 headlamp .....etc....

14500 made mine scream .. twice the output

best part of the light was the battery ?? huh ?

hot? yes ...

no thermal paste under the emitter .. yeah

doesn't make a very small box .. yeah

bad plastic lens with abarations .. yeah

cheap ass tail cap .. yeah

nice clip .. yeah

bang for your buck ?? yeah cheap ..

bright on a 14500

nice clip

where are the 3 modes versions .. who's bought those ?

edit * he quit being a minimalist when he bought multiples ..

they pulled me back in

http://www.amazplus.com/cree-q5-led-300-lumens-zoom-torch-flashlight-lamp-light.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-Q5-LED-200-Lumens-Zoom-Waterproof-Camping-Torch-Flashlight-Lamp-Light-/221050809713?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3377a7ad71#ht_3728wt_1154

I am almost embarrassed to say this but I have 23 of the 3-modes. I started buying them two or three at a time until I had enough to give away at the annual Christmas get-together this year.

I was on a roll.

The search term that I used on ebay that usually gets a couple of good 3-mode hits was “CREE Q5 LED 200 Lumens Zoom”.

what's up with the odd silver ring on the ones on ebay . is that how they come ?

is it brighter on a 14500 like the single mode ones are ?.. any differences ?? nice high jack huh ?

No silver ring on any of the 3-mode clones I have bought. Much much brighter on 14500s.

Oh my gosh, Vogons! No poetry please! :wink:

Resistance is futile

A moment of madness, a moment of lust
A moment of passion, a moment of trust
Over too soon, but not faded away
A memory to savour on the darkest of days
Desire and logic diametrically at poles
A decision of conscious left up to the soul
Regrets I think not, well maybe just one
The time was too short, but really good fun
Being mortal is weakness, sometimes you can’t fight
When you’re close to the edge in the dead of the night
You cave in, you crumble, you dropp to your knees
Abandon inhibitions and do what you please
Say no, say yes, say nothing at all
Then watch how easily the mighty they fall
Stalwart, steadfast, honourable men
Fall like dominos again and again
Unflinching they’ll stand up to peril and foe
But watch how they weaken as their ardour grows
Resistance is futile, capitulate resign
Relinquish responsibility and savour your time

Feb 08

James S Newcomb Lang

Rusty & GottaZoom; it’s the XRE Q3 Sipik from Meritline. I noticed they raised the price by a dollar since I ordered it last night.

I was going to order the 3-mode Q5, but was unsure if it that one was an actual Sipik, and I also had read there probably have been more switch and tail contact problems with the 3-mode versions of the Sipik clones (I’m sure there are many satisfied owners, too, though).

That dollar will come in handy sometime around the point where I’m probably on my XLM T6, or whatever my 8th (or 9th) light happens to be.

I’ve not had any problems with the clones and never a connection issue. They are as good as the original, IMO. Amazing output. Superbly practical.

I got a half dozen from Meritline they were all good.

I read Trying2Ketchup’s comment , smiled and said out loud
“We’ll See ! ” :wink:

I’m as strong willed as they make em and I can be stubborn to a fault.
In early December, I decide that I need 1 ( count them ) 1 more flashlight.
I ran into a situation where my 502b and the 2 D cells weren’t enough.
And I set off to get another.
A well made & driven T6 powered C8 hit my hand. And it was all over.

Trying2Ketchup , Resistance, really is futile.

Welcome to the Party ! :bigsmile:

partially agree :slight_smile: ,

Everyone should have at least one Sipik SK68,preferably Ultrafire 3 Mode clone,or any other 3-5 mode clone …

Guess I don’t get the attraction to them. Maybe I’m not smart enough, dunno.
Bought one about a month ago, played around with it for a few days.
Light did everything I read it should and would. It wasn’t a junk light by any stretch.
Compared it with a some of my other lights. A couple of days later, I gave it to one of the neighbors. He’s tickled. And has started asking questions about other lights , batteries and chargers. That pleases me. :slight_smile:

Prothletising , is good… :wink:

It appears to me that you get the attraction to them.

Two smiley faces and a happy neighbor. :wink:

LOL, use the dollar toward your 14500s and charger. You’ll still buy the other lights but tell yourself that is how you can hold off a while longer. :slight_smile:

Q3 brightness

350mA=93.9-100 lumen

0.7A=160-170

1A=207-220

Congrats on your purchase OP, its great light with awesome output when used with Ni-Mh, its even brighter on 14500, which I dont own since I dont use Li batteries.

Next addiction should be good rechargeable batteries and good chargers :wink: :D!

You can’t have a Sipik 68 without putting 14500s in it. That is the entire reason to own that light.

+1

It’s really nice on AAs, but you miss a lot if you don’t put 14500s in it.

I finally gave in and purchased two of them. I needed a small and cheap 1xAA clicky to use on my bike, so I figured “why not?”.

In case anyone is wondering I got the 3 mode Ultrafire clone from these guys:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130695122777?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

And no, I will not be using 14500 on this light. I’m an Eneloop-only guy and that’s not gonna change. :wink: