Sofirn Aliexpress Store added some stock in US, Poland and Russian

So they are now doing the exact same thing to me trying to send me a NEW tracking number, the original one was just a fake

Of course the new one does not exist yet either :wink:

Nice list of tracking sites!

http://parcelsapp.com/ (estimate is cool!)
https://postal.ninja/en
https://www.packages24.com/
Support 1,132 Carriers - AfterShip

Package Mapping says the same about my tracking number that has results on other sites.

I should know better than to jump in, but…

I ordered a GTmicro from Lumintop at AX, got a “LP000…” number which did track up until “arrive at destination country”, then fell off the grid. USPS showed that code as (gah, forgot how it was worded) they got notice but are still waiting for the package, not even “label created”.

A few days later, it showed up without notice. Old sticker with the “LP000…” code was on it (still not registering at usps.com), but a new “927…” code was assigned, and the new sticker slapped onto the package as well.

So codes do get changed midstream, once they hit stateside, whatever/whenever.

And in the past, I’ve had tracking numbers with zero information from start to finish, but eventually received them fine, and yes, with that tracking number right on the package.

So yeah, I learned to hope for a legit tracking number, but sometimes they don’t work, and the goodies still arrive.

And even offa Amazon, eg, I ordered something, long gibberish “tracking number” but with notice to contact the seller for more info, so I did. “Please to not worry, package will arrive, trust us!” Wellp, okay, it is Amazon after all, so I did. And yep, it did arrive, right about on “schedule” (“arriving between X and Y” notice).

I’m still amazed that such small crap can be shipped halfway across the planet for so cheap. Keep that in mind.

Lightbringer Ah, so I’m not the only one amazed by modern shipping! Most seem to be unimpressed or take it for granted. I don’t have a problem waiting. All is well that ends well.

Your experiences with tracking numbers mirror mine.

Wellp, everyone gets used to ordering a single paper-clip for 14¢, it gets sent mummified in bubblewrap and clear tape and then stuffed into a plastic envelope, and arrives halfway across the planet right to your doorstep… with free shipping.

And even then, everyone wants full tracking to even include the mailman’s name and favorite color.

The problem is simply that sofirn is selling things NOT IN STOCK

And generating FAKE tracking numbers

All my other orders have real tracking numbers, every single one

Quite a few folks keep reporting sofirns numbers just dont show up

And this is ePacket, not one of the lesser unknown carriers

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/e2rzi0/brightest_sub_50_chinese_light/f8xt177/

I mean we have testimony from multiple folks including a sofirn seller and a long term BPL member that sofirn is using fake numbers :wink:

https://gfycat.com/discover/shenzen-gifs | https://www.scmp.com/business/companies/article/2189442/alibaba-buy-stake-parcel-delivery-firm-sto-express-46-billion

Sofirn certainly seems to juggle with tracking codes. I ordered two lights for 11-11 and they showed shipped after 4 days and a few days later showed shipment cancelled. I messaged them, got an answer in bad english that it will be checked and a few days later I received a new tracking code. That was 2 days ago and it so does not show up yet on 17track. Let’s see if this one is genuine. Without real clues I have a feeling that Sofirn sells flashlights that are even not produced yet.

But I am indeed an oldtimer, I do not need my flashlights, have also no Christmas deadline, and live by the motto: it comes when it comes. So whatever the reason for a delay, getting angry I feel as a waste of time, and rather wait how things pan out. Almost always in the end it lands on my doorstep :slight_smile:

They might be “working the system” to get those sales. Lol. I heard about this happening on Banggood as well. It may be happening on a lot of Chinese stores, not just flashlight ones. Especially this time of year as there is so much competition. Who knows. I dont like the idea of a business doing this, but on the other hand I know shipping will take a long time, so it’s no big deal to me. If I need something quicker, I try to find it local even if I have to pay more. Sometimes it’s not possible. Fake tracking numbers may be the new “norm”, like jumping through hoops for warranties. It sucks, but what can you do?

My suggestion is not to be too outraged by this. It’s bad for your blood pressure. :wink:

Thanks for the headsup, though.

Actually even my el cheapo 35 cent light has shipped fine with updated tracking, just like all my other 11.11 orders

One would think ordering on 11.11 would be a fairly safe bet for arrival by xmas especially as i paid extra for aliexpress shipping

But sofirn changed it to epacket without asking me, likely because aliexpress has full view into the ali standard shipping so no fake numbers with that method

When a el cheapo light selling store does their fulfillment better than sofirn … :wink:

So they have now send me a THIRD new tracking number which they swear is real

This after i pointed out that the second one they sent me yesterday doesnt exist

Yeah, at this point i dont think any number is even real or if they exists, are actually mine (read other BLFer story above)

Ive filled a dispute

On the positive note, my el cheapo 35 cent light arrived yesterday, and this was shipped china post small package

If even little cheaper sellers can ship stuff under the original tracking nunber with updates quickly … well sofirn maybe u need to learn a bit from them :wink:

For 35 cents, im quite impressed with the light and the fairly fast shipping ….

Those little AAA lights are amazing. You’re more likely to lose it than break it. I front pocket carry one clipped next to my folding knife. If you wear jeans, that little fifth watch pocket on the right side is the perfect place to carry a spare battery.

Jackie, the title misspelling is driving me crazy. I have to say something. It should be SPECIAL.

^ +1 :confounded:

Now that’s funny…

Today I learned that the delivery guarantee on AliExpress might be meaningless.

I just got emails in reference to my Sofirn orders saying: “Seller has extended Purchase Protection for you.” and at the same time, extended the delivery date to 2019-12-26.

That date was 2019-12-07 when I placed my order, and boy am I glad I took screenshots.

The actual text on AliExpress was: “Delivered before 12/07 or full refund. If you finish the payment today, your order will arrive within the estimated delivery time.”

That is very clear, and I will hold them to it. In the meantime, I will be patient until 12/07.

P.S. The “sepcial” hurts my eyes too…

Just ordered an SP33 V3 with the $8 code. Got an extra dollar off with a store coupon I had. Total came to £16.18 ($20.89).

I did the same thing. 8 + 1 $ off. Seems like a real bargain. Now waiting it to be shipped.

Did anyone else order any 11.11 deals? mine was sent with EMS but delivery seems slow and tracking has stopped, my other 11.11 items arrived already