Sofirn Aliexpress Store added some stock in US, Poland and Russian

thanks

Hi everyone I am new to the forum . After 69 years on the planet I decided to try a rechargeable battery flashlight. I ordered a Q8 from the Sofirn web site and like others I was given a phony tracking number. I live in New Jersey and the tracking number indicated my ordered arrived in Jamaica NY which is very close by . The next day tracking stated it was shipped to Seattle Washington which is completely on the other side of the U.S. And eventually delivered to an address in Kent Washington .

When I emailed Sofirn to find out what was going on , I was told to wait another four days and if I did not receive it to contact them again.

Questionable business practices in my opinion .

Do you have something (e.g. screenshot of the tracking site) that proves your order was delivered to the wrong place? If so, I'd suggest to send this to Sofirn and ask them to refund your order or resend the goods. Sometimes tracking information is wrong or delayed while the shipment is in transfer. I assume Sofirn just wants to rule out this possibility. As far as I know Sofirn has got some real good reputation in terms of customer service, so I don't think they will let you down. I hope everything will get sorted for you, Bwana.

Yes, I made an on line inquiry with the post office and I forwarded their response to Sofirn .
I am sure it will be taken care of . It’s just not a confidence inspiring way to do business.

Thanks for your help .

The delay in tracking info is normal. I've made 100's of orders from China over the years in this hobby and generally it takes a couple days, maybe a few days for tracking info to appear. You didn't detail exactly what the timing was, but if I place an order today, it's not unusual for the tracking info to appear 3-7 days from now. As far as the "wrong" tracking # you call "phony", it's happened to me several times, even on a 1 or 2 Q8 orders. It happens, I'd say it's not common, but it happens. Literally I placed 12 separate orders for 12 Q8's, and think one of the 12 had the wrong tracking #. Because of the rarity, I never thought they did it intentionally. I'm sure tracking info has to be entered somehow, either typed or scanned in, and someone inadvertently entered or scanned in the same # from another order. I find that much more plausible rather than intentional.

Do understand they really don't intend to lose our business, most are honestly trying to make or keep us happy - it's in their best interest.

Questionable or not it is “standard practice” for ordering items from China. You just pray that the different mail services of China and your own country can co-operate and actually get the item to your door safely. China is still in disarray so it’s fair to cut them some slack for the time being.

They are able to ship an item internationally for surprisingly little money, try ordering an item from a western country and see how steep the charges are, if they ship overseas at all.

Amazon.com is probably a good site for Americans as Sofirn had a 40% off code recently.