Sofirn C01R deep red [sold out, discontinued]

is there only the basic slowest shipping possible ? that will probably takes ages to arrive :frowning:

Cheer up! Only the good things are slower than usual. :wink:

Minor update (06/11/2020):

The manuals hosted in post #2 will now be printed, so the final product should be supplied with an English/German manual.

Funny thing happened on the way to Amazon (US).

Tried to put a few of the lights in the cart. No go, said limit to one only.

Put one in cart, no go.

Won’t even open up PayPal.

In a time when Amazon is offering a free 30 day trial on their Prime.

What lights did you try to buy on amazon.com? This sounds like a technical error on Amazon's warehouse system. I just looked up C01R on Amazon but so far it is not even listed yet. AFAIK, Sofirn has yet to decide if C01R will be sold on Amazon (US/DE).

My bad. Sofirnlight.com.

My mind is so focused on AMAZON prime….

No worries. I do my best to help you keepin' focused on Amazon Prime. :-D

If enough people are willing to accept a reasonably higher price on Amazon in return for faster shipping, Paypal-free shopping (and whatever reasons else), the odds look not too bad that we get to see C01R listed on Amazon, too. Eventually, it is up to Sofirn to decide if they take the risk of having excess stock in Amazon's warehouses due to less sales than expected/projected. This risk has to be part of their calculation as well as taxes, custom fees, Amazon's commission, logistics surcharges etc.. The fact that only 500 pcs were produced in the beginning and that this special light is a "niche product" will not make things easier with regard to selling on Amazon.

IMHO, C01R needs a bit more advertising - globally. With a nice review on BLF, TLF or Reddit this light would probably get the proper attention it deserves, hopefully followed by a higher demand. Maybe it would be helpful if someone like djozz, maukka or gchart (to only name a few of many) were offered to test this light (if they want to, of course). I keep asking myself if there's a big potential to be found in authorities, companies or laboratories using photo red light for their applications. But how to address these markets? This somehow reminds me of this... ;-)

Anyone already has got beamshots or runtime test?

Be happy to buy a few from Amazon (US).

Returns on a faster delivery time as a function of a slightly higher price is
Good!

Received an email saying the red light and crap accessories I ordered have been shipped!

Woo!

Did anyone else received any e-mail about shipping or did you have any update from shipping on your account on Sofirn’s store?
The status of mine is still “Awaiting Shipping”…

/\ None

I had a shipping confirmation email on Tuesday

Nothing yet.

Same here. Maybe they are manufactured by hand by epidemiologists in their spare time.

Ah, just kidding. Doesn’t matter that it takes a little longer.

:smiley:

I guess they are probably discovering the “red light”… if you know what I mean :smiling_imp:

I’ve been away for a while and had forgotten about this. Not being able to get 3 at a time is a bit of an annoyance, but at least I’m in time to get one.

UPDATE:

Sofirn order placed 2nd June, shipped notification 19th, arrival today (23rd June).

While I’m impressed with the speed, I had ordered a bunch of accessories as well as a C01S and C01R lights, package contained all the accessories and no lights???

Maybe Sofirn shipped them separately…?

Edit to add: The Q8 holster is a tight fit and doesn’t fit with my lanyard attachment :person_facepalming:
HOWEVER, the Q8 diffuser is really nice! :smiley:

hows the light then?

Not in his possession by the sounds of it :frowning: