Sofirn C8F host. 21700 C8F Available

The side switch light on the SP70 should stay on all the time to act as a locator. I’m not sure if Sofirn did the same on the new 21700 C8F. Let’s ask TheAuditor if they stay on or turn off after a few seconds.

The triple reflector is significantly shorter than a standard single-emitter C8 reflector.

I got 21700 C8F the lighted sw only show 3-4 sec after turn on or mode change.

3-4 seconds is too short. Maybe 7 seconds.

Better yet, have it lit all the time.

Well that is dissapointing. I may have to convert one of the right side leds to a new color and make it stay on all the time. Then the left side can still function as a battery indicator.

I hope they don’t change the SP70 UI at the last minute to turn off the switch lights.

Jason if you do that please show me how I’ll copy.

Yes the side switch only stays lit for about 4 seconds.

I haven’t seen the switch pcb, but I can kind of guess what it looks like. If any of you guys want to unscrew the switch bezel and take a picture of both sides it will help me figure it out. Also some measurements of the switch cover. I’d like to convert it to clear. If you can’t, no big deal.

My light is still in China so I’ll probably get it in a week or two.

As Astrolux X is unlikely to happen soon what about a single 21700 throw version with 55-60 cm. head to beat mini GT ? :wink:

The driver cavity is 20.8mm so 20mm driver will fit.

That’s the same behavior on the Sofirn SP32A v2.0.

I was wondering why the light turns off after about 4 seconds. And noted that it’s only to indicate battery level and then the side indicator turns off.

+1 :+1:

There’s already so many lights like that. Is there a demand for more?

A very good question.

Many 21700 thrower ? I doubt that especially the budget one.

One thing I have noticed so far is that it takes a long time to get hot even on full power. 3 minutes in and it was still comfortable to hold. Thats either good heat sinking and the mass of the flashlight, or a potential issue.

I find the ramping a bit annoying as it jumps from 1 lumen to about 50 with nothing inbetween. I might go back to set levels.

So they did not do the ramping right? (as usual) You would think with the Q8 firmware in-house they would just copy that ramping table instead of creating something inferior themselves.

:+1: that sounds a lot better :slight_smile:

I am using a Shockli 4550Mah battery. With regard to the ramping it is smooth but I guess I meant that it is so fast that it goes from nothing to too bright in a fraction of a second.

I just left my light on for 5 minutes and yes it was getting pretty hot. It does take a reasonable time to get there in comparison to my current in play lights, the D4s and the ROT66, both of which heat up scary fast :slight_smile:

I am now sitting here playing with the ramping to see if I can get it to stop at say 5 lumens. So far no I can’t.

Oh snap! Please disregard my earlier post. I thought I was in the thread for the GT Mini, not the C8F 21700. When you talked about having the Q8 firmware, I must have got mixed up. Sorry.

Yeah, I haven’t recieved my light yet, so I have no idea if Sofirn got the UI right.