Sofirn C8F host. 21700 C8F Available

No one has gotten one yet, so we can only guess.

We know the battery tube ID should be about 21.5mm. If we look at thsee two pictures:

we can estimate the driver diameter at 20mm to 21mm. (The 18650 version drivers are definitely smaller. I think they were 17mm?)

So if you want to run 3 x xhp35 or 35.2 you’ll need to wait for the 20mm boost drivers. Even then the most output might be 3A@12v. So 1A each. So maybe 1100 lumen each for 3300 lumen total. That’s not a big gain over stock.

Maybe you want to swap the mcpcb for xhp50.2? You might get 6A@6v for 2A each. That’s about 1400 lumen each for 4200 lumen total. That’s not bad.

What did you have in mind?

Ps, the inductor should not be a problem since they have to make the driver cavity a bit oversized to make room for the side mounted switch and the short reflectors don’t need a lot of depth. Here’s a pic from DB Custom of the 18650 version.

JasonWW - thanks for all the great info and pics!

Boosting multi emitters probably isn’t the way to go, the boost circuit just can’t give each emitter what it really needs to perform well… like Jason said you’d end up back where you started for all your trouble. Now, XP-L2 emitters or W binned LH351D’s might prove interesting. Same goes for the SST-40 if you can get the boards for that footprint, who was it that was making some of those? Led4Power? Lexel maybe? I put 3 SST-40’s in my SupFire M6 and it makes around 8000 lumens on an FET driver.

Don’t know if the SST-20 is out yet or what it may offer, that too should be interesting.

In Prometheus and Alien: Covenant, Dr. Shaw and Daniels uses multi-emitter LED flashlights. I think Dr. Shaw used the Fenix TK45 and Daniels used a Sky Ray type that reminded me of a Olight X9R. Well, the 21-70 Sofirn C8F is the newest and latest model. They can use the 21700 powered C8F for even more current futuristic technology flashlight for the years 2093 and 2104 portrayed in these science fiction movies.

I don’t know about the C8F looking futurist. Can you even tell there’s three emitters when the flashlight is pointed your direction?

The Klarus RS80 is one you see a lot in movies. It was in Westworld. It’s an old light, but still looks futuristic. I wish someone made a cheaper version of it that ran on conventional batteries instead of a battery pack. $300 is too rich for me and it’s not even that bright compared to today’s standards. It’s cool, though. :smiley:

Jason, $238 … not a bad savings. :wink:

Nope, still sucks. I don’t want a bulky, outdated, 6600mah battery pack. A pair of 18650 can easily surpass that. You could probably fit a pair of Shockli 5500mah 26650 in there and get 11000mah.

I kind of feel sorry for the law enforcement and professional people who bought this and now can’t get replacement battery packs for it.

Edit: I did find one replacement battery pack available on eBay. It was only $650! :open_mouth:

Who knows, maybe I’ll find a used one with a bad battery pack for $100 and I’ll convert it. You never know.

I thought I saw a battery pack for it for like $65, could be wrong, often am…

We’re caught in the never ending technology loop, everything is constantly outdated… from design to market, it’s outdated by the time we get our hands on it. But ain’t it fun trying to keep up! :smiley:

Mine turned up this morning. Solid piece of kit. Quite bright. I have managed to switch it to ramping and that works for me. About 3 seconds from low to high. The tint is ok to my eyes, bit cool. And a nice low low. It works with all my 21700 batteries.

My wife just stole my new Convoy S2+ because its purple so I am glad I have a new toy to play with :slight_smile:

Nice!

3 seconds from moonlight to max.

It is closing the gap to NarsilM in terms of speed.

Cool, you seem to be the first to get it. Can you confirm a few things like driver diameter, is there any glued parts, does the UI match the printed version or is it different, did it include the 18650 spacer, etc…

The UI does seem to match the printed version although it seemed a bit hit and miss. Might be my clicking :slight_smile: It did include the 18650 spacer. I haven’t tried that yet.

I cannot get into the head. It looks like the driver will unscrew and the spring is bypassed.

My host is shipped but tracking isn’t showing anything so far…

My last info that the driver is 20mm but I try to ask.

Sofirn C8A and Sofirn C8F (18650 version) matches with the Convoy C8 SS bezel.

If the Sofirn C8F 21700 version has the same head, then most likely it will also match up…

The light on side sw is only work as batt indicator it light up only when turn on/change mode for 3-4 sec ,it could be better to stay on when in standby mode IMO.

d_t_a,
I hope it matches on the 21700 version as well as it does on the 18650 version. Thank you for the pictures!

Is the C8F longer than the C8A? I assume it is since the C8F needs some room for the side switch.

I agree. Side switches are hard to find quickly in the dark so if it stays lit in standby mode, that would be much better, especially if you need to find the switch quickly.

As far as I can see, the C8F is practically the same length as the C8A. Or maybe just taller by 1-2mm.

ok, thanks for the info. I thought the side switch would take up some length but I guess not. That’s a good thing.