Solarforce L2 Sand host only for 9 bucks

I agree .

Yeah I think I may well go with a solar force drop-in XML, 3 mode high-med-low Is perfect no strobe or crap like that. But from what I have read these don't take a 18650 do they? Something about the width of the cell. But the new one does, so the question is, would it not be better buy the new L2 for $12.50? It has the matching tail cap etc. Or even complete with the 3 mode XML for $25.99, cheaper again. No?

Marc.

There are two different sand ones, both for $8.99. One will take 18650s, one will not. The drop-in you need is $15.50, so $24.49 total.

A little over a month ago I ordered several items, including two of the sand bodies that work with 18650's. If I had waited, I could have saved a few dollars. :-) I also would have picked up at least one of the gray ones.

Right got you. I didn't know there were 2 bodies. As for New L2 for 25.99 for $1.50 extra you get the new tail cap and it matches. Just a thought, the new torch seems a lot better and not much more money.

Problem is you start at 8.99 and end up at 25.99! That's torches I guess.

Marc.

"Problem is you start at 8.99 and end up at 25.99! That's torches I guess."

No one ever said that the hobby isn't an endless money pit! Start with one, end up with a hundred.

3 modes, no blinkies, various power levels, various xml tints, including warm white for $23:

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/xml-u2-p60-dropin-module-p-336.html

Add a buck for the U2 bin.

(bit pricier than building it from scratch but not by much...)

looks like shipping is $2 for any order-in case anyone isn't familiar/registered with them.

Thanks ruffles, but that's a single mode.

that's budget torches, to be precise. Keep in mind that the American-made brand-name P60 retails at more than double of that. The 6P-LED Defender model is even four times as expensive.

It's three modes. :)

*Modes:

100% - 35% - 5% (1.5A & 2.5A)

100% - 35% - 3% (3A)

I have started a thread asking this question, but thought it might be best asked here. Will this fit in the L2?

http://www.dinodirect.com/led-bulb-5mode-1000lm.html

Thanks, Marc.

marcl, that should fit. And it's really cheap. Which could be great or worrisome, depending. Don't forget the aluminium foil wrap trick.

Thanks, I won't forget. It says it for the 501b and 502b. Are they the same size?

I also have a gift voucher for DD so may as well get it there, and by time it arrives it will be winter again!

Marc.

Both the 501b and 502b take a P60 dropin, so yes, it's the same P60 for the L2.

For added 1,5$ I would take the new 2011 version easily.

Thanks Ruffles, I've never had an L2 or a P60 for that matter so its all a bit new to me.

Marc.

Well that's what I though but I have no experience with Solarforce so I wasn't sure if i'd missed something.

The problem is I quite like the grey one.

Marc.

I was tempted I must say. But not as tempted as I was by the 2011 model. And a stainless bezel.

In for a penny...

Grey and sand are IMO colors, that don´t show wear so easily compared to black.

Black looks good but get those others for beaters ;)