Solarforce L2 Sand host only for 9 bucks

I like the grey as well, Marc, so I got both! All new to me, looking forward to tryingthese out.

HA HA you guy's are making me want to remortgage! I agree with cheap thrills about the colour, I'm going for grey. As for the 2011 model yes it's nicer but when bought separately it's $3.50 more, so, for now grey it is.

Marc.

Oops. Sorry cone, meant to thank you for getting back .
Pity no tailstand. Not honestly sure why I value this feature quite so highly, I just do.

I believe there are black tail caps that you can buy from Solarforce that will tail stand. Like this one, for example. In fact, thegreatFoy posted a pretty inclusive review of all, or, at least, most of, Solarforce tail caps. If you can't find it, I'll link it for you in a bit, but right now I hear the "dinner bell". Ya, we eat early at Case de Cone.

And later...

Sorry, but when the boss says jump, well, you know. OK, here is the tail cap link I mentioned earlier. Solarforce only seems to have black options for sale at the moment. However, in Foy's review there are some that are gray, so I guess that black is not always the only option. I am far from an expert on this, so I'm sure there are people here who know the historical availability better than I.

Thanks cone. It's ok, I've still got Foy's 'Tailcapalooza' stickied. Also emailed Jo about tailstanders awhile back. At the time he said there were "still a couple of L2P caps in stock", but I seem to recall that by the time I'd ordered the seperate parts the price would be getting high. In the end I just ordered a couple more UF 504b's instead for the same money. I'd still like to know first hand how a SF compares, but only if it's a straightforward bargain purchase like these L2s.

EDIT

Drat! You posted the 'later' bit while I was still typing! Thanks again. Maybe I'll email Jo again, see if he can quote me happy on a pre-legoed special.. old4570 did a similar review to Foy's here:https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/1347

My pleasure.