Solarforce Skyline I and II - sick prices

And you charge them with a standard Li-ion charger? Or with a 3V one?

So, maybe it's a cheap solution to drain the batteries down to 3V before putting them in the Skyline - or charge them only up to 3V?

Tedious - sure, but is it possible?

Yes the cells have to be compatible with a 3volt charger, dont put them in a 3.7volt charger or the cells well swell and will not take a charge anymore. I did that by mistake and glad that nothing else happened.

It depends if the circuit used allows for some leeway, but i would not chance it.

argh....couldn't resist. I bought one of these ugly things.....now I will have to use it blindfolded

Which one did you buy?

Dude if you dont like it you can always trade it or sell it in the marketplace........

I got the Skyline 1. I was serious about them being ugly, but just kidding about looks making any difference to me as far as a flashlight is concerned. It actually might be good, since it will keep the wife from using/dropping/throwing/hitting me with it/etc.... :)

I've just bought the same light

Cool, now you guys have to give us your impressions when you get it.Innocent

Thanks for the headsup!!! I bought a skyline II. I think it will go quite nicely with my eagletac t100c2. This seems like a great, great deal and I’m real excited based on the reviews of this light. I love the sound of the UI.

You guys are going to make me cry.....want one so bad.Cry

Ordered the Headlamp from them 3 mode zoomable R2.. ( I hate chopping wood in the dark )

Yup, tends to lead to chopping legs and feet if you aren't careful. Some illumination for that job does sound like a rather good idea....

You really don't want to be known as 'stumpy'. :D

Got them. Wow - that's fast...

I've never ever seen lights made so well. But then, the best ones I had in my hands till now were 504B and RC-G2...

Will try to scare the neighbours a bit tonight :D

I even got a bonus sling... getting free thingies is crazy at that price.

I'm biting my hands not to order more...

But also have very poor impulse control. Or, I rationalised, I'd get paid today.

It unexpectedly arrived this morning. Niiiiice. Can't see myself ever using the sling though.

The switch is very light but very positive. Discovered that most of my primary CR123s are junk. The first 4 came to less than a volt - in total...

It is quite a bit brighter on a pair of CR123s than with an 18650 - however, I'm not buying primaries so it is going to spend its life on 18650s

Here they are on the doortop. The MRV is a thrower too, but not a laser like the Solarforce.

Here are the beams - Skyline 1 on the left, MRV on the right. The Skyline is on a pair of primaries

Lightbox (2xCR123) 1032

18650 649

Throw (2xCR123) 41,500 Wow!

18650 25500

The MRV on an 18650 runs to 29,400 lux at 1 metre. For exclusive 18650 use, the MRV is brighter and has more throw, not to mention being a lot smaller and lighter. But it does seriously tempt me to get in a stock of primaries.

And I thought my R2@504B is bright.

It seems so dull compared to any of the Skylines it's not funny.

I DON'T NEED MORE... I WON'T ORDER... AAARRRGHHH....

EDIT:

Don - if you know which cheap primaries are best, let us know. I'm just trying to find out starting here.

EDIT2:

OK, so some 3V rechargables seem to exist! Or is it just a bad description?

http://www.batteryjunction.com/4parc390reli.html

EDIT3:

Risky-risky...

"For SureFire and other brands of incandescent(halogen, kyrpton, zenon, etc) flashlights under 7.2V we do not recommend this setup. We typically do NOT recommend these for any bulb flashlights - you use them at your own risk in these types of devices despite the voltage regulation at it takes the voltage regulation ~12 milliseconds to activate. They work GREAT for LED flashlights!"

Some CR123 batts

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/40x-Duracell-Panasonic-3v-Lithium-Batteries-CR123-new-/290447354096?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item43a002e8f0#ht_500wt_1154

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-X-ENERGIZER-CR123-123-3V-LITHIUM-PHOTO-BATTERIES-/220462699431?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item335499d3a7#ht_1336wt_913

I just got ten Duracell DL123s for £13 (About US$18) on ebay (110549296799) - AFAIK nobody fakes Duracells. But you never know.

The white Panasonics are almost certainly fakes and rubbish. I just checked the unused 6 that I bought 3-5 years ago. They are supposed to have a ten year shelf life. One of them had a negative voltage of a few millivolts. Now binned with tape over the terminals to prevent it shorting on anything. Also bought a dozen cheapies - again on ebay (120511225034) - WF branded for about US$8. They will eventually arrive from Hong Kong and may, or may not be any good. All ebay cells get looked over carefully and checked with a voltmeter.

3V rechargeables need special chargers and don't have a lot of capacity. I think Al has some so he'd be better qualified to comment than I.

Yes they do Don, i tried putting one in one made for 3.7 volt cells just to see what happened and all it did was swell, if you plan on getting rcrs of the 3 volt variety then you will need to get the corresponding charger for it. Just remember that the cells come off the charger at or around 3.2-3.4 volts and they do make unprotected and protected cells as well.