***SOLD*** WTS, BLF GT with handle ***SOLD***

The Gayle Bradley is a much loved blade, can hardly go wrong there. The CPM M4 is supposed to take an extremely tough edge, one of the best blade steels in the industry, top 5 for sure. Nice buy!

Thanks dB. I am excited.,

I looked at S110V, S90V, M390, M4 as my main choices. Was leaning towards S90V, the Bohler M390 has such an excellent reputation that it caught my eye and the two very similar US varieties are so close to it in composition that when I found the Carpenter CTS 204P I went with it. Crucible CPM M4 has an excellent reputation as a very hard steel that holds an edge good but isn’t as rust resistant. Treat it well and it’ll last you a lifetime, don’t abuse it by hitting staples when cutting cardboard, for example.

The 20% Chromium in the 204P is what swung me over, down here the intense heat is the biggest issue for EDC, so rust resistance is one of the top 3 things I was looking for… edge ability and retention the other two. Toughness is probably 4th for me as I tend to sort of baby my stuff. :wink:

4 different rounds, from .38 Special 110gr to hot 125 gr .357 Mag, so 4 cylinders of 8 shots and they all impacted a very nice tight area with no flyers to speak of. Rested at 16 yards but the winds were atrocious, up to 38 mph gusts in a cross pattern to the shooting. The trigger is just superb! :slight_smile:

32 shots, how can I complain?

So it would seem that the only thing that eats cherry tomato’s with more gusto than my Dad is the Koenig Arius. :wink:

/\ Nice video! Sharp kinfe!! :wink:

Nice…… were the different rounds grouping 8 shots together fairly well??

So i am here who doesnt know about knife and guns, so why not ask the professional right? If you can choose 2 edc guns, then which two will be?
Sig p365, glock 43, and s&w shield … thanks.

No professional here, but all 3 of those are excellent choices. Each will have a draw to different people for different reasons. I might be prone to lean towards the Glock, not as fond of the Sig’s and the Shield doesn’t suit my hand. Other’s will make other choices based on their own experiences. I’d suggest a hands on with each and see what works best for you. I also like a small 5 shot weelgun (revolver) for the simplicity and reliability. Something like a Taurus 605 is ideal, not expensive and still high quality. I favor a stainless steel as they are more capable of withstanding neglect. (not that I would neglect one, but wear and tear can rub off bluing and make the blued steel gun have a higher chance of rust) Similar to a SS bezel having a higher degree of abuse factor on a flashlight. :wink:

Yes, each round grouped pleasingly well, the heavier ones vs the lighter ones having a different point of impact but not as much as I expected. I had to figure in the “grain of salt” due to the wind factor, still very pleased. I haven’t really shot in a very long time, used to a lot, even shot some competition, but it’s been a couple of decades… still won’t shoot, most likely, but I wanted to give my friend the chance to change his mind later, I know if I’d bought this Performance Center 627 brand new and gave it up less than a year later I’d regret it before long. So… safe queen for me. Not that much different than the shelf queens the lights I sold to buy it were being in my collection. It is what it is.

I think this CTS 204P blade is the sharpest I’ve ever gotten a knife. In part due to the nice high flat grind of the blade itself, as much as the chemistry involved. I didn’t know what to expect with the tomato’s, was fun doing that and they tasted great too afterwards. lol

Any of those are good guns. But like Dale said… personal preference rules. Go to a range & see if they have ones you can rent to shoot & try out. (If you don’t know someone who has them) That will give you a better feel for the gun & what might suit you best.

For super easy to conceal I’ll stick with my Kel-Tec PF9…… PF9 9mm Pistol | Discontinued Compact Concealed Carry | KelTec

EASY to conceal even in a light weight pair of shorts on a hot summer day.

Otherwise…… I’ll go with my 1911 or Glock 23 for open carry or concealed under a coat.

But again… just my preferences.

As far as blade steel goes…. proper heat treat is essential, no matter what the steel. A properly heat treated older technology steel will out perform a poorly heat treated ‘Super Steel’ any day of the week.

If some of the “Super Steels” are properly heat treated they may well give a slight preformance boost in some areas… that is true.

That CTS 204P / M390 is a great steel!!

But, if it is out of your price range; do not discount some of the older tried & true steels just because they are not on the “latest & greatest list”.

There are plenty of steels out there that one would be hard pressed to tell any appreciable preformance difference during normal use.

S 30V, CPM 30V, 154CM, CPM 154, M4, D2, ATS 34, to just name a few & if rust resistance is of no concern plain old 1095 heat treated correctly is really good… as is 52100 & it is a bit more stain resistant.

It just depends on what qualities you are looking for & what you are going to use it for. EDC for any task that pops up or a designated hunting or skinning knife that will be limited to those chores.

You will pay a premium for a handmade custom & less for a production model such as Benchmade, ZT, & a host of other brands. Is one better than the other??
Hard to say… it is all in what you want. They will all cut & cut well. :wink:

The one Dale got is tempting me greatly!!! :person_facepalming:
Do I “need it”?? …. Nope.
Do I want one?? …… YEP!! :wink:

Time will tell if I can resist or not……. :smiley:

-Sig Sauer, they make some of the best handguns in the world, don’t have a P365 but do have a P226 and it’s the best handgun I own, never jammed and very, very accurate.
-Glock, good guns but highly overrated, pushed hard by “Glocktards” as they are called, have a G23, G27, and G42. Not as accurate or reliable as the Sig.
-S&W, good guns for the money, great guns when you can get them at a good price with a rebate. Have four Shields bought last year when they had a $75 per gun rebate.

The P365 and Shield have coated stainless steel slides, Glock has recently changed their finish and is not very durable compared to older guns, G43 has the new less desirable finish.

Teacher, my Glocktard comment was not directed to you as we both posted at the same time(actually beat you by a minute but was editing), I also have a G23 but don’t think as highly of them as others. Know a custom holster maker who says 90% of his holsters are made for either the 1911 or Glock so both have a lot of followers.

@ southland…… Thank you but I never even considered it was. If your not as fond of them as something else might as well get it out there as you did. :slight_smile:

I have a couple of friends that would not have one if it was given to them. :smiley:

Different strokes for different folks…. that makes the world go round. :+1:

Take care…… :slight_smile:

I shot competition with a Glock 23 that had a Caspian SS slide and was ported, never failed me in thousands of rounds. Never a glitch.
Never shot a lot of the guns that are out there, can’t say what they can and can’t do. I have to admit when I first got the “plastic” Glock back in 91 not long after they came out I thought I’d lost my mind, gave up a very solid SS S&W 686 to get a mostly plastic gun. :person_facepalming:

Learned to love it of course, taught myself how to be a Glock Armorer and was told I did more than a lot of the Armorer’s knew how to do back then, but the parts were readily available and cheap, I had multiples in everything but the frame. I cut finger grooves into the front strap with a 10” rat tailed bastard file, long before Glock added the finger grooves. Mine was ported quite a while before Glock started doing long slides, interestingly enough mine was ported locally by a small town smith almost identically to what Glock wound up doing themselves for competition guns. Go figure.

Get a hands-on feel for a few different things, even one’s you might not have considered if they’re available… a gun show is a great place to get a hands-on of almost every gun out there. Grabbing about everything will show you pretty quick what your hand likes and what your sense of style prefers.

And yes, I was probably not quite right upstairs when I ordered a custom knife. They all cut, after all. Even the rusty ones. (this is not a joke, I found a K-Bar scout folder buried in sand at the lake, been underwater for years… got it cleaned up and it functions and is sharp, the blades are almost black.)

I beg to humbly disagree……

You knew what you wanted in the preformance area as far as steel goes & you searched out a maker who used it. You then ended up with one of the best thought out & designed folders I have ever seen!! Made with the steel you wanted……. :+1:

I think you are / were, very “right in the head”…… :wink:

well, ok, if you say so. :smiley:

Now I’m wondering if a S&W PC 627 can be DLC coated and then contrasting flats polished for effect? :stuck_out_tongue:

/\ In the purchase of THIS KNIFE anyway!! :smiley: . :smiley: . :smiley:

I appreciate all the good comment. Thanks.

So just curious with all the banter going on (Glockaholc here)… is the light still for sale? :wink:

I think if I bought it from you, I’d get that one before the one I already paid for from Neal!

slow2go bought it 19 minutes after I listed it, post number 3 says sold. :wink: He got it yesterday USPS actually, or so says the tracking.