Some sad news from the Flashlight Fanatics facebook group - Marshall from GoingGear has passed on

This is a shocker. So young. I liked watching his reviews. They always made me a bit happier, and better informed.

This is truly a shocking news! He was such a genuine & kind in words guy. Tho I never knew him personally but in my heart i just knew this guy is a really nice man. I still remember watching his first video on YT around the time his new shop opens. R.I.P Marshall :frowning:

Me too, ITP A1, SS…

Sad to hear this :frowning:

I bought my first good flashlight and knife from Going Gear based largely on his videos and recommendation. He was right about them, too. He really seemed like one of the good guys. RIP Marshall.

Thanks for the video Glenn.
RIP Marshall.

I need to know exactly what happened, why he died.
Can’t be sickness, his last videos were from China Olight factory and he looked strong and healthy unlike Steve Jobs after year and year

Glenn, thanks for the tribute to Marshall Hoots. So shocking a loss for us. May our Lord be with his family during this difficult time. Marshall had such an impact on our community and he will be missed. His Going Gear review videos were the best.

So sad, he was a kind soul. RIP Marshall. Thoughts and prayers go out to his whole family

This is so sad.
Always enjoyed watching his videos comparing his trusty Maglite.
He will be missed.

Yep, the big 4D M@glite that he always used as a control. Too bad that was the only warm white torch he ever did a video on.

Awful news to hear,seemed like a very nice and genuine guy. I wish his family strength to get through this hard time.

:cry:

So sad - can’t believe he’s gone. His videos were the best. Dealt with him many times thru GoingGear and he was always friendly and willing to help solve any problem that came up. R.I.P. Marshall . My sincerest condolences to his entire family and to all his friends.

Marshal?? no way?? i am Shocked!! i dont know him in person but i feel like i know him well watching his Flashlight Review. He will surely be missed, no more shots from his backyard. so so sad!

RIP Marshal. :cry:

I purchased my first lithium ion batteries and charger from Goinggear. Sad to hear Marshall has passed away. Loved his Youtube video reviews. My condolences to his family and friends.

So sad. I saw so many of his videos, It feels like I knew him. Years ago I got my first Zebralight from him and he personally checked it before mailing it out to make sure it didn’t have some issue I had read about. Seemed like a great guy making a living with what he was passionate about.

I never had any personal interaction with Marshall, but referred a lot of flashlight noobs to his site to peruse his collection of reviews. Rest in peace, kind sir. Thank you for being a shining beacon in our community.

RIP GG Marshall :cry:

Sigh, we’ll never get to see a GT burning a hole through his boathouse.
Anyone know what happened yet?