Some sad news from the Flashlight Fanatics facebook group - Marshall from GoingGear has passed on

RIP Marshall

I feel very sad and shocked to hear such news. I am sure that the dockhouse in Heaven is lit up a lot brighter now.

I called Going Gear today to express my condolences to the family. When I asked what happened, the guy I spoke to told me the family wanted to keep it private. I left it at that.

my condolences.
i got my thrunite drop-in from his store at goinggear, i’ll be missing his joke with maglite

:cry:

Sad to see him go so suddenly, I wonder what happened! Just couple days ago I watched his videos from Olight factory tour…
RIP.

Well gentleman as a way to help his family especially his two children we should continue to use GoingGear. His wife and children should continue to benefit from the company he built for them and his employee’s. I see no better way to support his legacy and family. I’ve had nothing but pleasant experiences from GoingGear. Prayers and thoughts go out to the family.

RIP Marshall… :frowning:

RIP Marshall.

I bought a few 4Sevens from him some years ago. He has set up a very good online store and serve us well. What a loss for flasholics community. Hope he rest in peace.

wow
I just saw this and am saddened to hear we lost a friend .
… always laughed when he brought out the Maglight

R.I.P. Marshall

There are so many of us who he never met yet we feel he was a comfortable friend and resource for us to go to for advice. His presence will be missed.

Some news:

[video:]We're BAAACK! A Message From Marshall's Dad (Mike) - YouTube

Good to hear GoingGear will keep the business running. All the best to the GoingGear team and thanks to Mike for the video.

This brought tears to my eyes once again…hopefully he is in a place where a flashlight is not longer required .RIP bro.

I've been away from the flashlight community for quite some time, busy in the real world. I was able to return about a week ago.

My learning of Marshalls passing, at such a young age, was a shocker. I enjoyed the many great reviews he shared. I'll miss them, and his humor.

My heart-felt condolences to the family and all who grieve the loss of a kind soul.

Rest In Peace My Friend

I too have been away for a while. Life gets busy, have some time on my hands now during travel to Italy for work.

OL has passed and I was watching Going Gear on YouTube in prep to buy “another” light :slight_smile: I read of Marshalls passing. Simply put, I cried. I feel for his wife & daughters, I wish I could have been there to help.

God Bless you my friend.

Aaron.

Really missing Marshall at this time of the year, with the Shot Show starting soon. He made such great videos for Going Gear, asking smart questions and interacting so well with everyone. I never saw any other vendor so knowledgeable about flashlight manufacturers and willing to share what he learned.

I’m sure his family is still struggling, I know we are all hoping for the best for them.

I’m right there with you, missing him greatly and his steady stream of high quality consistent videos! What a guy he was…