Super Bright 3 x XML2 magnetic light

While wading through E-Bay I found what looks like the same light.

Per the description, it sounds like its a dimmer…?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4000LM-3-XML-2-LED-DIVING-LIGHT-FLASHLIGHT-LAMP-TORCH-Underwater-100M-Torch-Red/171588081581?\_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&\_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29310%26meid%3Da61c1760e04743fb9fe26f37a93a6895%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D391003130675&rt=nc

Yeah, it’s a dimmer switch for sure.

Yeah, that’s cute! If only it were true.

Order update,

One of the reasons I made a purchase here was the advertiser association with BLF.

I am having concerns now…no movement or information usually means trouble. I realize the Chinese New Year just ended, however……

While I did receive a shipping number from them on Feb 15……there is no movement status on this order anywhere.
As I was looking up additional contact information I came across this site for reviews about online companies…:

Caveat emptor
Hope that we eventually get our items in good shape….
:~

Hmmm.... Thanks enablers. I've never purchased from GB before, but I couldn't resist the allure of the $15 P5 Triple-emitter single 26650 light:

That's the cheapest Cree-compatible triple I've found to date. I'm going to tear it down on receipt and see how it's built. If it's possible, I'll drop three of the XP-sized UV emitters in this light and make a UV-monster. IF I like it enough, I'll keep it as-is, but I'm expecting it to be host-duty only with three free mystery-T6es included at best.

May need an E-switch compatible driver swap

Description says plastic lenses: if true, I'll have to swap those as well...

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Gearbest has been getting better and trying harder. My first order from them took 41 days from ordering to receiving. I swore I wouldn’t order from them again but they had a couple of items at fantastic prices and I couldn’t resist. The next two orders came within 3 weeks.

I find that Chinese orders are a crapshoot. They can take two weeks or over a month. Also, some provide tracking numbers, some don’t but I’ve found that the orders always seem to arrive eventually.

@dno36:

I placed my GB order yesterday afternoon, for the flashlight, a blue laser pointer, and a rgb color-change faucet aerator, and already have a tracking number this morning...

Greetings,

I currently have 2 orders working from our Chinese friends......1 from T-Mart and the other from GearBest.

Both were made within 3 days of each other February 15th & 18th.

GearBeast I received a Netherlands Post tracking number and the picture of a bag addressed to me. Upon checking the number provided, there is no record of such shipment as of today.....clank

T-Mart has sent nothing and the order shows still processing.....after 12 days...clank

A race between 2 pokey Chinese brokers...wonder who will 'Win'??

In the mean time I just received another SkyRay King from pfhobby on E-Bay that I ordered on Feb 12......they have been pretty erratic in their shipping times in the past. This one was pretty decent.

Cheers

dno36,
Try tracking your number in the USPS website. Once the package is inside the U.S., the US Postal Service takes over and you can track the package there.

My package finally arrived in the U.S. and it now shows that it’s been shipped out of a USPS facility in New York.

hi Gebe,

tried tracking both ways and through Google...nothing. I'll update when I get information.

Yeah, my tracking number isn't working yet, but no surprise there. That seems to be typical. I'm not in any particular hurry or I wouldn't have ordered from an unproven vendor anyway... ;)

Well, mine finally moved from New York to New Jersey. Wow! Moved one state in 4 days! :smiley: At least the order is being tracked.

My tracking number is finally showing up in the NLPost tracking system, so it looks like it's on its way finally...

My GearBest 18-day-old order still shows no movement at all....

My T-Mart order just posted that 1/2 of the 4 items actually shipped(took 16 days) & does not show up in any system yet, with a CN-post number...whoopie!

Not is any hurry for either order, just kind of amazed how inconsistent the companies are.

Boy, you’re having some bad luck with your order. I have to say again though that my first order with Gearbest took 41 days. I’ve had other Chinese orders not show up in the the tracking system for over a month and then just suddenly show up.

My order is showing that it’s just 12 hours away from me and has been for 2 days.

Wow keltex78 & Gebe, you must be on the 'good' list...and if I'm remembering correctly, I was the first one to order the 'red' slider light.

Now finally this evening my GB order:

March 6, 2015 , 7:55 am

Processed Through Sort Facility

AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS

My order from DealEx shows the CN tracking number but no sign of the package anywhere.

Cheers

Great thread. I’ve been looking at these same style lights at various online stores for quite a while, I like the “slider” style side switch, the full length knurling, and no blinkies. They all seem to be described as Diving lights.

I would prefer black color, Gearbest has a black one (also XML2) however it’s not described as “Super Bright” and it’s rated half the output of the red Super Bright:

Black version with Variable Dimming, XML2 rated at 1200 lumen:
3 Cree XM-L2 T6 1200lm 18650 2 x Battery Powered LED Diving Flashlight Anti-slip Handle Torch

Black KINFIRE KC-30 with Variable Dimming, XML2 rated at 1800 lumen:
KinFire KC-30 Cree XM-L2 1800lm Super Bright LED Handheld Underwater Torch (2 x 18650 Battery)

The black “3 Cree” and the KINFIRE both feature “User-defined Infinitely Variable Dimming” opposed to the Single Mode red “super Bright” in the OP.

I have to wonder why the red one is “Super Bright” with double the rated output. Sounds kinda fishy, but maybe because it doesn’t have the dimming or modes? I also am curious about the driver in that one, could it be DD?

I’d like a discount code for the Kinfire, I think I’d rather have the dimming feature. If the “slider” dimming switch works good and is reliable I think it would be the best design I’ve seen yet, maybe better than holding a button down for “ramping” or having to possibly use 2 hands to twist a magnetic ring that may be awkward to use with one hand. But I agree with blueb8llz that accidental turn on could be an issue.

Also the red color is kinda growing on me for $21.99, I don’t have any red flashlights. :heart_eyes:

My order finally moved just 100 miles in 5 days! :frowning:

Well, they arrived yesterday afternoon. 28 days from order placed to receiving.

First off, the 1X26650 Black P5 3xXML-T6 light is kind of a joke. It’s marked ZHISHUNJIA on the head. It came only with a 18650 spacer so it can use either a 26650 or a 18650 cell and a cheapy wrist lanyard. The build quality to me is lacking and seems cheap.

It has what looks like a charging hole on the side with a very cheap rubber plug to cover the hole that won’t last very long. I say it appears to be a charging hole where the cell could be charged while still in the light but it didn’t come with any charging cable or instructions. Very silly and a place for moisture to creep into.

The beam is okay and it’s more floody than a thrower. It’s a very cool white with a slight touch of blue.

Here’s the kicker, the semi-transparent activation button on the side blinks blue constantly and I see no way to turn it off. I guess it’s supposed to be some sort of locating beacon but who wants a switch that constantly blinks? It’s silly and would be a constant drain on the battery. Maybe when some of you receive your lights you can figure out how to deactivate it but I can’t. All in all I wish I hadn’t bought the silly thing.

Next is the red 2x18650, 3xXML-L2 light with the magnetic sliding switch. It is much better quality than the above mentioned light. It has a glass lens instead of the 3 plastic lenses in the other light. It feels nice in hand and like I said, has a quality feel. I have smallish hands and I like the thin barrel of the light.

The magnetic switch works the beam brighter in small step-ups as you push the switch up. It’s very handy but I fear it could be easily activated in a bag or pocket. The switch is black and I really can’t tell if it’s aluminum or hard plastic.

Again, the beam is more flood than a thrower. It’s also CW but no hint of blue. It’s brighter than the other light but in no way produces the lumens Gearbest and others advertise.

It came with just some sort of goofy lanyard with a rubber tube around part of it. I suppose it’s for hanging around your neck but I’ll never use it.

Sorry, I have no way to take beam shots. All in all, the red light is the better of the two by a wide margin but again, I have concerns with the sliding switch but for the twenty something dollars it cost, it’s a keeper.

Muto here:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/32380#comment-734658

....says the switch light can be disabled by holding down the switch for a few seconds.

Mine was processed through the NYNY ISC yesterday. <Waiting>