Super Bright 3 x XML2 magnetic light

Thanks for that keltex! Holding it down turned it off. I also discovered holding the switch down again, reactivates it if you want the blinking back. Much better and could be somewhat useful when working or camping when it’s dark.

Having to cycle through all the modes just to turn it off is irritating and the charging hole with the cheap rubber plug is just plain dumb.

This light seems slightly different than the Trustfire shown in the other thread. As stated earlier, this one’s marked ZHISHUNJIA. The charging hole’s plug is brown on this one and white on the Trustfire and that one looks slightly beefier but still seems like it will be a weak spot. At least with the Trustfire, they include the charger but I would never use it anyway.

Still I guess for just over $15.00, it’s not too bad and certainly fits into the “budget light” category. Just being able to turn the blinking on or off makes it a better light to me.

If you want to seal it up, cut off the plug and seal it with caulk of your choice of colors. Easy enough to remove later if you need to, just a thought.
Braid that driver spring, it will pick up the output some.
Mine has no name on it which suits me fine. I got it off an Ebay auction for less than $10, so I really shouldn’t complain about it’s shortcomings.
HTH
Later,
Keith

Good tip Keith but I’m just going to leave the plug in as I’ll never use it. You really got yours cheap!

I know it’s not as good as soldering but I was wondering if a piece of solid copper wire wrapped around the bottom of the spring and then also around the top would work?

[/quote]

Good tip Keith but I’m just going to leave the plug in as I’ll never use it. You really got yours cheap!

I know it’s not as good as soldering but I was wondering if a piece of solid copper wire wrapped around the bottom of the spring and then also around the top would work?
[/quote]

Sold core wire will be too stiff, you really should use stranded wire.
To answer your question of not being soldered, I am going to say No it will not give much of an improvement because of resistance at the wrap points.
That is not to say it will not be lower resistance than the spring alone, do not know.

Get a soldering iron and some rosin core solder and have at it. Practice makes perfect.
If you have an old dead electronic item, practice on that.
HTH
Keith

Yeah Keith I know about practicing soldering but unfortunately I’m 67 years old and right handed and have arthritis in my right hand so soldering is out of the question. It doesn’t bother me much in day to day daily use but things like soldering and dealing with small items are out. Getting old is a bummer! :slight_smile: Thanks though.

Gebe,
Sorry, have arthritis in the knees so can relate, only 54 so hate to guess what 67 will bring:).
Do you have any grand kids to help out and learn a good task perhaps?
Thanks,
Keith

Yeah, I’m lucky in that it’s not worse. It’s working with tiny things is beyond my capabilities. My kids and grand kids all live more than 1,000 miles away. I was just wondering if there was a way to braid a spring with no soldering required say maybe using thin copper or silicone wire.

Anyway, the light as is, is fine but any cheap improvements are appreciated.

So how are the specs and measurements?
Solid pill?
Current?
Brightness?

[quote=Gebe]
Well, they arrived yesterday afternoon. 28 days from order placed to receiving. First off, the 1X26650 Black P5 3xXML-T6 light is kind of a joke. It’s marked ZHISHUNJIA on the head. It came only with a 18650 spacer so it can use either a 26650 or a 18650 cell and a cheapy wrist lanyard. The build quality to me is lacking and seems cheap. It has what looks like a charging hole on the side with a very cheap rubber plug to cover the hole that won’t last very long. I say it appears to be a charging hole where the cell could be charged while still in the light but it didn’t come with any charging cable or instructions. Very silly and a place for moisture to creep into. The beam is okay and it’s more floody than a thrower. All in all I wish I hadn’t bought the silly thing.

Greetings Gebe,

The charging post is quite common in many of my lights and allows you to use an external wall adapter for these lights. I have found it quite handy.

"Our" purchased lights seem to look very similar in form and price to this listing I found today:

Difference being this listing states "Q5" as the emitters.......have you verified that the emitters in your light are actually an XML format?

My order update: As of this morning 33 days after order, my GB shipment still shows as departed NL post and no additional information. My T-Mart order shows as arriving in NY, but only 1/2 of the order has been shipped.

Cheers

Yep, here on DX.com:

http://www.dx.com/p/zhishunjia-p5-3-x-cree-xp-e-q5-1000lm-5-mode-white-light-flashlight-black-silver-1-x-26650-323057

$14.85, and listed there since 6/11/14. Correctly listed as having XP-E emitters rather than the XM-L that GB advertises. I'm going to file a complaint on receipt due to the misrepresented specs, hopefully I can get a few $$$ refund back.

...and if so, do your emitters looks like XML's?

I did see at least 1 other listing that had XML's listed as well.

[quote=dno36]

I’m pretty sure they’re XP-E’s and not XP-L’s. You get used to Chinese sellers listing anything they want.

I’m sure the charging port is handy to some but I would prefer not to have it.

No, mine was processed through the NYNY ISS on 3/11, but no update since then.

Yes, the Chinese sellers are 'special'. I do not know if I'll ever get used to the improperly listed items. At least with E-Bay you have the option of issuing a bad rating on them. So far, I have had good success in getting proper refunding in decent time on mis-listed items there.

Emitters, If you get a look at the emitters, the Q5's have 2 little wires going to it on the top corners and have the end profile of a caboose. The XML's are larger and have 3 wires going to it and they are spread more across the center with the corners being clearly emitter filled.

At least yours is in this country...LOL....hope it arrives soon

This Thread was for the Red slider light…
Anyone got this red slider light and has measured current/brightness?
Made some disassembled pictures?

I believe only 1 has arrived in the 33 days since the ordering happened.

Gebe was the lucky one. Keltex and I are still waiting.

I will certainly throw out some info as soon as I can.

Current, measured with voltcraft VC160:
Full Brightness: 2.33A
and 11mA on the lowest position of the slider.

the Black one’s cost is higher than the red one now . coupon: GB3Cree price:$25.59

Thanks, that Sounds good…at least not like totally underdriven.
Have you checked the driver and pill?