Test/Review of Charger LiitoKala Engineer Lii-500

OK thx.

Looks like my unit started to fail…

Normal test on slot 1 shows about 30% less capacity on the same cell then other slots. Any info what to do?

Seems like a few of these have problems. So far mine has been working fine. I will however, keep a close eye on it. I’ll report back if I find anything strange.

Can I ask where you bought it from?

From Gearbest 10 months ago.

Working good all the time but last 3-4 days ago started to behave strange.

Best Practice question: with no on-off switch do you unplug the unit between sessions or leave the charger plugged in?

Source: Charger LiitoKala Engineer Lii-500 @lygte-info.dk

I don't know if that measurement was at wall power or at the charger's input, yet anyway pretty sure the power comsumption is below 1W.

Don't leave the batteries idling at the charger, though.

Cheers ^:)

Personally I unplug mine when not in use. I also remove the batteries when they are finished charging.

If a charger includes a main power supply I measure at the wall.

I don’t use the standard wall wort, but if I did, I’d unplug it or use an outlet strip with an on-off switch.

I unplug it every time, even if I put another set right away.

What would be the recommended charging current for a 14500 800/840mAh battery when using this charger: 300mA or 500mA?

I’d like to use 500mA if not detrimental to battery life. That’s still way below 1C.

Thanks!

500mA should be just fine. I have used 700mA also, with no problems; to get it done a bit quicker.

Today,I received five 30Q batteries from NKON.nl,and I put the four of them in a LiitoKala 500 and the last one,in a Xstar VC4 in a side slot.The result.The four batteries in the Liitto Kala,had finished charging,while the fifth were not finished even after 2 hours.Is it sensible?

What was the charge rates?

What do you mean?If it is about the current,I put the 1000mA in the LiitoKala.

I tried to ask if you were charging the single battery on the Xtar at the same rate you were charging the 4 batteries on the LittoKala.

The reason I asked is because you said the single battery was taking much longer to charge than the four.
Sorry I was unclear. :person_facepalming:

Well,when I began charging the cell in the Xtar,the current dial of the charger went to 1A,but after some time,I saw that this current became smaller and smaller.I don’t know if it is OK,or there is some malfunction.

This is normal for charging li ion cells.
First there is a constant current (CC) phase till the cell has a voltage of 4.2V then the current gets lower and lower until the cell is full. This is the constant voltage (CV) phase.
This should be basic knowledge when handling li ion cells!

OK, thank you finges.