Test/review of Vapcell INR14500 H10 1000mAh (Purple) 2020

I got lucky too I guess. Just happen to be looking for some when Liionwholesale received a shipment from Vapcell.

Thank you very much for the detailed data sharing

I expect to ship H10 to customers in early September :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been trying to buy some since May. I saw them in stock at Liionwholesale a few months back, then they sold out and never came back in stock. Couldnā€™t find them anywhere else either. Also never found the orange Shockliā€™s.

They are also out of stock and will probably become available again ā€œsoonā€ !

Now if only the manufacturers step up and present a few nice new 14500 lights :slight_smile:
For me the 14500 factor is better than 16340, as 1) gives better grip and 2) is thinner in the pocket
Not we can add 3) higher capacity and 4) higher discharge I believe? The H10 was good fir 10A while the best 16340s are good for 7A if Iā€™m not mistaken.

The 14500 H10 appears to be back in stock at the Vapcell Aliexpress store

Got a bunch of these today!
Some will be used in my modified Blitzwolf BW-ET1 (Anduril and 6V XHP50.2), and some will be used in other single 14500 lights.

A warning: I put one of these freshly charged cells in my Lumintop Tool AA with a 15mm driver from Lexel w/ Bistro HD OTSM and a Samsung LH351D (stock PCB board, not DTP) and it burned the led partially. Blue light and then yellowish stain on the beam with half the LED not working.

So, this surely delivers a LOT of power, so carefull with you settings when you use it :wink:

This said, well done Vapcell :+1: :+1:

I wonder if the new batch has different performance than the last.

Dennis - any promo codes available? Interested in buying a few H10's from your Ali store. Thanks!

Looking to purchase these Vapcell H10 too, if they can ship to my country againā€¦

Thankā€™s for the test!
Iā€™m a bit disappointed so around 2022. Out of 6 cells, only two performed a little above 900mAh, the rest remained well below. I tested it with a Vapcell S4+ charger with a discharge current of 500mA.

Sounds normal. You wonā€™t see full capacity at .5C discharge. If you can do it with something like .2C it should come closer if you can take it down to 2.7v or so. Or, dumb-drain the cells that low and slow charge them at about 200mAh and see what goes in. Theyā€™re great cells but I think 1000mAh is the norm for themā€¦actual use-capacity depends on current of course. For lower drain lights 2A or a bit more, you might see a tad more run time from the L10 or even the gold version (ICR 1000mAh on the label).

I have sixteen of the H10 now, just got four more in the mail yesterday. Thus far the quality seems to be the same as when these were first released, hope that holds true in the future.

Now a discharge with 250mA is running. I donā€™t expect much difference from him. In HKJā€™s test, there is only a few mAh difference at such low currents. In Moochā€™s test, it did not go below 800mAh even at 10A on the ecf. Iā€™m not saying Iā€™m going to die, I just didnā€™t expect it to be barely more than 800mAh.

I am testing with an Opus Bt-c100 and a Vapcell S4+ charger. I have two Vapcell P50 and two G53 cells. They also underperformed by 10%. However, the 10440 Vapcell cells fulfill the specification very well.

The gold version has a nice test. The L10 drops a lot even at 5A.
I donā€™t have an Icr cell, I donā€™t know how to handle it. I mainly use them in Sp10 pro and FwAA these days. I wanted high-current cells so that if I sometimes use the Turbo, the capacity does not decrease so quickly. The combination of high capacity and high current looked very good.

If theyā€™re new, cycle them a few times and sometimes that will helpā€¦sometimes not. Iā€™ve noticed a little variation in the H10 but not badā€¦the L10 seem more consistent. This is just charger readouts, though, and that is not really accurate with most chargers. The L10 is best for low drain like 2A and less. While the H10 can handle more current, it does drop like a rock if asked to deliver that for more than a few moments, like brief turbo useā€¦does rebound nicely, though. I usually count on about 2/3 the capacity in actual running use, for the lights I have and how I use them. The gold cells are a little dated now but they do hold their own, very similar to the L10. Iā€™ve only got a few of the gold and havenā€™t used them a ton, but probably 150-ish cycles on all of them and I havenā€™t seen much loss in capacity, which surprises me since they are the older ICR type. Regardless, these Vapcells seem to be the best available in a 14500 cell anymore. You can still find the old Sanyo cells but those arenā€™t very good unless itā€™s really low drain below an amp, and I think those were only rated 800mAh anyway. The Sofirn black cell isnā€™t so great either (but their 21700 and 18650 are very good). If you need more oomph then time to bump up to 18350 maybe (16340 can deliver decent current but theyā€™re all such lower capacity).

Iā€™d love it if the majors would make a 14500 cell with todayā€™s best chemistry and construction but I donā€™t think that will ever happen.

I am sometimes afraid that even these smaller sizes will disappear from the quality selection. Regardless of the fact that Iā€™m a little disappointed, I still think they are very good cells, especially if we look at how small the selection is in this segment. At Neal, I found Shockli cells with a similar power output, but they are only 660mAh. In addition, the 3A black Shockli cell also has a good test, but in the Ali store feedback, they are not clearly of the same quality. Iā€™m looking for good cells, but not at all prices. 2 pieces of H10 from Ali store are almost $30, I was able to buy them at home while they were available, converted for $12.50.

I have two M11 18350s and a T8 16340, Iā€™m testing them. I donā€™t really have a lamp that uses it. They are there only because I like batteries :slight_smile: Compact 18350/16340 lights are a bit inconvenient for me. I have two modified Olights. One is a Baton 3 with triple Luxeon V2 led, but I donā€™t use it because itā€™s too short. The 14500 size is much more comfortable.

I measured 790mAh on the Sofirn battery. I think it could be some kind of 2-3A battery. In the Wurkkos Ts10 they use one. A battery like that costs half the price of the H10. I usually donā€™t like to keep a lot of batteries. I try to get the best of the given size so that I donā€™t have to run around looking for batteries when changing the lamp.
Those Sofirn batteries seem pretty good in tests. 18650 is not needed now. Iā€™m thinking 26650 and 21700, but the red elephant Vapcell and the LG M50 from home would be cheaper than the Sofirn.

Oof, those H10s are expensive for you! In the US we have at least two places that stock them and have fair prices. Usually about $4 each. Isnā€™t that crazy how a cell made in China can be more expensive nearer to where it was made than all the way across the world. Those red elephants were great. I still have two, but only one light that I use them inā€¦the rest of my 26650 lights I was able to extend to take 26800 cells and wow are those great.

I hope HKJ will return from his break and test more for us. I know itā€™s a lot of time but his contributions are just invaluable for everyone.

I bought the H10s for $6 converted, but they sold out from there.
Ever since you mentioned 26800 Iā€™ve been crazy. Iā€™m already looking into options to extend the L6. Surprisingly, I found QB26800 at the same place for around $10. There are only 8 in stock, although I remember there were more yesterday. I have just checked, only 7. I have been looking at the cells for about a week, they are all being bought right under my nose.

I hope you donā€™t have any serious problems. Although I have only recently joined the blf, I have been reading it for quite some time and have learned many useful things.

This is a great place, tons and tons of information and smart people. After all the years I still learn new things and itā€™s fun to browse subjects for old threads where a lot of tech was shared, etc, etc.

If you try the 26800 youā€™ll probably love them. Theyā€™re hefty but they sure have capacity and current delivery, both. That sounds like a very good price. We only have a couple distributors in the US but the price has varied from $7 to $12 for the QB. The only drawback is charging them since most chargers are too short. X-tar brought out a cheap single-bay that fits them, but it only charges at 3A so itā€™s not as useful for other cell sizesā€¦thereā€™s a similar Yonii that seems ok but deserves attention at first to be sure itā€™s terminating correctly. Orā€¦a light with onboard chargingā€¦or rig up an adapter for use with a charger. Dennis from Vapcell indicated that these 26800 cells may not be around much longer but there doesnā€™t seem to be any corroborating information, so maybe he meant a temporary shortage. I hope they stick around. Lumintop just brought out that giant 32-something cell in a lightā€¦that surprised me that they chose it instead of a 26800 which is more readily available. I donā€™t think we have confirmation yet on whether the unbranded blue- and green-wrapped 26800 cells are the same as the gold QB, but it could beā€¦they seem decent anyway.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802904603621.html? Will extend that L6/L7 to 26800. 26800 cells sold by Vapcell as 6200 mah gave me. Fully charged a capacity of 6595 mah and 6622 mah when drained to 2.8 volts at 1 amp. Looking at the posted graph Iā€™m placing them into two of the highest drain lights I have. Both quad XHP50ā€™s.

They took the red devils and the extension tube away from my nose, so Iā€™m giving up the high-capacity 26650. Simon also has a green 26800 and extension tube, it will be much cheaper than if I buy it at home, but the webshopā€™s communication annoyed me, so I donā€™t buy from them. Seriously, it blows my mind that people are being forced to go to a foreign store. I donā€™t know what the green cell can be like, the largest capacity would be enough for me, such large currents donā€™t run in L6 anyway.
To be honest, Iā€™m not at home in such big lights. I donā€™t have many lights, they are mostly compact models. Iā€™ll look at it anyway :slight_smile: