Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

yes!

We have had pretty good luck with the NW emitters being a much better quality emitter than even the CW emitters. It still has to have the new driver that TA designed but it will hit 20k with stock emitters with TA's driver.

The MT03 can still reach a good deal higher output than stock with some help from TA's magic and from what I have been reading he is getting really good results.

But, if you are looking for a 70.2 MT09R that will hit 20k lumen this black one will get you there. Like I said I have installed one of TA's drivers in it already. But truly the NW emitters are stock. I am pretty sure he can still get a bit more out of it going up to an even better emitter than these NW emitters. Not to mention he has several other tint and CRI options for these 70.2 emitters.

Thank you for answering the questions! I really appreciate the honest review and your thoughts. My MT03 is a 70.0 so it def need an upgrade to 70.2
I just wish there are modded beamshots to see before I run to the post office lol. Not that I donā€™t trust the results, I just like to see it before I make the decision

For MT09R, what is the CRI and tint on the stock NW emitters? Does this mean a simple TA driver upgrade for blue or green ones can possibly do 20k lumens just with a driver? I ask because black lights is too standard and everywhere on flashlight market lol.

Exact temperature and CRI I honestly don't know. I can ask and hopefully get an answer by mornong.

I know for sure it is a much better quality tj than any other tiny we have tested so far.

I will send Dale a message and ask. Hopefully I can have an answer for you by morning.

I just had an order come through. I will need who ever placed the order to please send me a PM so I have all the information to send to TA.

Even if you only need the new driver installed it will ship to him on Monday with about 10 others. He prefers for me to keep a copy of the BLF username as well as real names on the invoice and put it in the box so he know what light belongs to who.

Thanks very much,

Terry

Iā€™m going to send my MT03 and do the 5000k or the 5700k emitters on itā€¦ this should hit 23k lumens in theory with all the mods other than dedome.

Placed order for my green meenie. The anticipation begins.

Indeed, that looks almost like a 219B vs any 219C I have seen. If I could get 219Cā€™s like that I might start using them again!

It is possible it is one of those rare 9080 219Cā€™s but I have not seen one of those in person. The 9080 218B is positively AMAZING! Just not much output. I actually have 4 or 5 left here that I pulled out of a build in plans for another build but never got around to. Been thinking about selling them or building a light with then and selling that since I already have 3 lights with those LEDā€™s.

All the 219C 4000k 90cri LEDā€™s I have look pretty close to the XHP70.2ā€™s in these lights, except with an extra 10cri points.

I have personally seen the stock NW range from ~16k-20k+. I am pretty much positive there are 2 different NW LEDā€™s being used in the lights, just like there are 2 slightly different versions of the MT09R machining. My guess is one batch got 1 LED and another batch the other. It is the only thin that explains the wide margins I am seeing.

This is also why I have not pushed the performance of the stock LEDā€™s, just too inconsistent up to now.

That said once I get the lights from Terry this week I am going to guess they will all be similar. I can install a driver in one and test it to see exactly what it does.

Just to give everyone a heads up, this next week will be stupid busy for me, I have to build 30 drivers at around ~30-45 minutes each then mod ~20-25 lights which at ~1.5 hours each, you can do the math.

On top of all that I am working on the spheres and need to get those orders placed.

On top of that I am working on drivers for a few manufactures.

On top of all that the 3rd batch of the GT went live this week and I have to deal with that.

On top of that I desperately need to get a new computer built for my Mom + Track down a deal for a laptop for her.

So yeah, busy week ahead and I will not have time for the long and detailed replied I normally give. I will still be around my replies will just be much shorter and to the point.

I also want to say thank you to everyone for the work. This is covering some unanticipated gaps in the household income right now.

Praying that God would multiply your time!
Good news on the added income. Sounds like it came at just the right time. May this business boom continue :slight_smile:
While Iā€™m checking inā€¦any chance you got to my light last Friday? Sorry! couldnā€™t help but ask :slight_smile:

Lumintop SD75 TA Edition would be nice. :sunglasses:

I am asking for the same thing myself. Yes, this was the perfect timing indeed.

Yep, I got your light as well, I have 5 orders sitting by my desk right now. I decided to spend today doing other stuff so I will start work on those tomorrow. Go ahead and get the spring bypasses out of the way so once the drivers are here things will go quicker.

I have been mulling over Flashlight brand name ideas for no particular reason the last few weeksā€¦ā€¦ :innocent: :innocent:

Looks like I donā€™t need to find a new boxā€¦ I found my original box for my MT03 lol.
Well that saved me lots of time from finding new box and stuffings lol.

Nice, looks like a ā€œfirst genā€ as the new boxes are different.

I have had 3 people now that sent the payment but it somehow went to the wrong email address and said it had not been collected yet. They canceled them and resent and it went through the 2nd time. No idea why yet.

At least one of them did it on the phone the first time and it worked fine on the computer later.

I think I will try switching to a paypal.me link instead of the email address and see how that does. I think the issue is how the email address is copy/pasted from BLF. It must be adding a space or something.

Everyone please check your payments to me if I have not confirmed it, if it says it has not been collected and gives you the option to cancel the payment, then please cancel it and contact me.

Yes, Iā€™ve almost had that problem when paying you last time. Do not directly copy paste the email address, there is a problem with it.

WRITE IT OUT DIRECTLY OR PASTE IT IN A .TXT document if you wish to still send the payment the Texas Ace now.

Also, include all details when sending the payment, including if the light comes from Terry or from yourself, which color and version is it, the 50%/100% ramp version, and the total payment value.

Make Texas Aceā€™s life as easy as possible. Heā€™s a very busy guy, and needs all the help he gets.

Hey TA, if it's okay with you. Most of them will be shipping to you for the driver install anyway. You could just tell them the output of the stock emitters once you get the driver installed. If they turn out to be some that fall very short you could just let them know and they could go ahead and have an emitter swap while you still have it.

Does this sound okay to you?

Use the USPS medium flat rate boxā€¦ itā€™s saved you couple dollars.