Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

While the MT09R does have more mass a lot of it is in the reflector and other non-heat shedding areas.

From my testing the MT03 does seem to have a marginal advantage in heat handling due to all the fins. The fins really do play a surprisingly big role in heat handling.

Stopping adding bonuses into it :cry: :person_facepalming: …… Alright I got my box ready lol. Waiting for some MT03 shots and it’s going to Texas lol

I received my 5 modded lights from TA today. MT09R 35HI, MT09R 70.2 4000k 80CRI, and 3x MT03 4000k 80CRI. I measured my 70.2 4000k with no DC-Fix for before after comparison:
MT09R 70.2 4000k 80CRI stock: 13,076 lumens
MT09R 70.2 5000k 70CRI stock: 17,301 lumens
MT09R 70.2 4000k 80CRI TA driver and M4 emitters: 21,846 lumens
These values are instantaneous startup lumens

TA measured 22k for my 4000k 80CRI peaking at 23k so my measurements are a bit lower. However, mine is based on ceiling bounce method, which is no where near as accurate as TA’s. This shows the stock NW really is 17k-18k stock.

Also I love the tint on all of them. The 4000k 80CRI beats all of my 4000k 219c flashlights including the Reylight TiLan v3, Reylight Pineapple, Manker MK34, Jaxman E2L, Jaxman E3, which are already not bad. The 80CRI 4000k XHP70.2 is much closer to the BBL line whereas the 219c 4000k is farther above so it is more yellow/green. The 80CRI resembles the 219b 4000k much more than the 219c.

I really like the wide flood beam pattern of the MT03 but the MT09R with DC-Fix still looks the best (buttery smooth wall of light). I was thinking of putting DC-Fix on the MT03 but I think it will be overly floody, which means alot of light will be wasted going into the sky and outside of your peripheral vision.

I haven’t tested the MT09R 35HI yet, since it is not dark outside and throwers need to be tested outdoors.

Overall, I am extremely happy with TA’s services!!

TA, May I ask which XHP70.2 4000k 80CRI you use? XHP70B-01-0000-0D0HM440H or XHP70B-01-0000-0D0HM440G??

Please don’t do a beam shot of MT03 so I don’t have to cry at a closed post office door on the sunday tomorrow lol

Yea just make me cry I want to see those beam shots with your lumen measurements

Anyone know how to take better beamshots photo with the iPhone X?

When I take photos I adjust camera the brightness on the phone to match what I see with my eyes.
First pic I let the phone do it’s auto adjusting, and then I took the second one with me adjusting it.
It works real good let me see if I can post a few pic…

Example of my D4 shot

XPL HI 1A

And XPL HI 3A

Sorry I don’t have anywhere to host photos. But believe me, you will not be disappointed. I have bought about a hundred flashlights already and both MT03 and MT09R are exceptional especially with the TA mods. You will be very happy with either.

Agreed...70.2 4000k 80cri's and TA driver on mine...already posted a few times how awesome it is...so here's another one.

The addition of Narsil makes this light a fiddler's dream.

It's stupid scary bright, a joy to play with and mine is the blue one!

A labor of love for Texas Ace we hope. All your customers are certainly impressed!

Here is a gif i found on the forum:

MT09r70.2-----> BOOM!

posted at: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/49135/2030

Postimages.org . you upload the photo. Then copy and paste… hotlink for the website…

HOLY……… I have the Q8 and D4… and the modded MT09R made them look weak! But I know they aren’t.

And if you like flood, put a DC-Fix on it. It will look incredible.

WOW! Can’t wait to get my light back!

[quote=SKV89]

My TA MT09R XHP70.2 4000k 80CRI tint is good for XHP70.2, but nowhere better than Nichia 219c 4000k.
WB set at 5000k
side by side: L-XHP70.2 4000k 80CRI, R-219c 4000k 90CRI

XHP70.2 4000k 80CRI

219c 4000k 90CRI

XHP70.2 4000k 80CRI with diffuser

219c 4000k 90CRI with diffuser

I have MT03 to get send in. That will be my flood. The same mod can fit onto the light but with shallower reflectors to get the floods!

Wow that tint on your 219c is even rosier than my 219bt 4000k. Which light is that from? I really want that light!

All of my 219c lights whether it is 4000k or 5000k are on the greenish yellowish side. Yours is the first I’ve seen that looks so nice.

Just in case anyone happened to want a 70.2 NW emitter tint in Black I have 1. It already has the new driver from TA installed and is ready for anyone that wants to purchase it.

I have tested it several times and light output out of 10 separate measurement tests has not tested even close to below 20k lumen so, it is a full 20k lumen light. The driver I got from TA's shop, ordered from him so of course that includes Narsil U.I. and real working thermal control that you can adjust.

The stock NW emitters are as I said 20k lumen so it is extremely bright without any other modifications.

You will notice that when you add it to your cart on my website that it is priced $20.00 more than the others. That is simply because I had to pay TA the same price for the driver as anyone else would have to.

You can find it here https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fhaikelite-mt09r-triple-cree-702

Just select the color Black. All that U have in stock right now have the NW emitters. The NW seem to be better quality emitters so right now any MT09R 70.2 that I have in stock are all Neutral White tint.

Also I still have several of the Blue and Green color 70.2 versions. These are all that is left of the Blue and Green color. There are no more at the factory to be ordered in those colors so when these are gone that is all there will be. I have already asked and they will not be running another batch in those colors. It just cost too much extra to keep that many different colors when they are being mass produced. The anodizing is completed at another location and I was told it will just cost too much to keep more than a couple of colors.

The Blue and the Green units I have in stock will need to have TA's driver installed and I already have a decent size shipment going out to him on Monday so if there is anyone that would like to place an order for either of those colors it would really be a big help to my and TA both if I can get those shipped out with Mondays shipment.

You may also notice that I have already checked and tested the SC01 units that came in this same shipment and I have added those to inventory as well.

Thanks very much...

I’m not at home. The only Nichia 219c 4000k light with me right now is Oveready B.O.S.S. copper.

Oh damn… it’s getting 20k with just the driver and no other upgrades?! I thought the emitters need to be changed for the 20k+ lumen output
Now I’m really debating if I want to buy MT09R AND mod my MT03 lol.

Is the Oveready B.O.S.S. the one in your picture?