The best heat conductive substrate for flashlight

Pictures are visible now. Very good. You’ve maximized the copper +/- trace size as well as a generous central pillar. If you’re looking for possible projects you might try comparing the kinds of boards already made with copper DTP to those that are not and see of any of the vacancies find enough interest to make them worth your time to invest in. One that comes to mind is the oval twin led mcpcb for bike lights, as far as I know none of those are either copper or DTP. A copper quad DTP for the ledil cute-4 optic is another.

I think you were getting some push back aliang802 because your OP sounded like you were trying to teach us about a basic concept that some folks here helped pioneer. We widely use DTP bases such as Noctigon, SinkPAD, Manker, our own customer creations, etc.

Looking at your bases, they look real good. Usually the thermal pad is a bit lower than the electrical pads in the DTP bases we use. Looks like you will make the thermal pad completely flush (level) with the electrical pads and also extend it out to the sides for an even greater thermal path. I think folks here will be very interested in your bases if the prices are reasonable.

Yes, less solder the better, for thermal transfer, no? :smiley: :+1:

^

I agree. In most cases, the extra solder really won't matter. But for those cases where an emitter is being pushed to the limits of its performance potential, these should be superior.

YES, the pictures are visible now. Thank you.
And, as others have said, these look very good and people here will be interested in working with them, for the reasons given

Sweet, I can see the pics now!!!!

Good work 'aliang802' ..............

I also like the looks of these.

I also think this would be a good thing to have.

32mm copper quad mcpcb to fit the 35mm Ledil CUTE-4, I second the motion, all those in favor say “Ay!” :wink:

(How fun would a Quad XHP-35 be? :wink: )

If you trust me, I can make it for you. It is not only applied to the flashlight, but also used in High-power of products such as car lights, stage lights, projectors, street lamp, etc.

By comparing the following, themally comductive Pre-preg is usually 1~10W/MK, cu can reach 400W/MK, the difference is too obvious. DTP of bike lights have done already, if find material object, pass the picture to you to see.

Your eyesight is very good! Lots of friends reflect that the thermal pad and the electrical pad are on the same level for our prducts, it is also our advantage.

Don’t worry, we are the factory, not a trader, the price is absolutely the most affordable.

Dear, you’re right! If the level is too poor, it will bring a lot of trouble to the welding.

Thank you very much indeed, I really don’t know what to do without your advice.
Please accept my best wishes for a good life. :beer: :laughing:

Thank you very much for your enthusiasm, you are my “teacher”.
:stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

:sunglasses: A lot of products can achieve the best heat conduction in this way. Maybe I can do something for you?

aliang802 the Ledil Cute-4 optic is what they’re talking about. There isn’t currently a DTP board made that works with this optic. If you make one, you will be able to sell many of them here. What is needed is a MCPCB for four LEDs which will fit the Ledil Cute-4 optic.

I don’t know if this has a direct thermal path:
https://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Power-LEDs-Cree/CREE-Solutions/4-x-CREE-XP-G-R5-on-23mm-star-PCB-LT-1852_120_117.html

or this, three Nichias on a 10mm square
https://www.led-tech.de/de/DekoLight-Systeme/LED-Module-Mid-Power/NICHIA-757-auf-Mini-Square-Platine-2000K-LT-2500_17_174.html

(a 10mm square will drop nicely into a 16mm round cutout, if the pill has a solid back instead of a hole … hmmmm …. sk68/ #3 zoomie triple?)

This is why we tend to want the direct thermal path leading from the emitter to the radiator fins, so we don’t cook our batteries or hands or melt something important.

DTP board for the Ledil Cute-4 optic can be implemented.

4 x CREE XP-G R5 on 23mm star PCB can be designed into a direct thermal path.
But three Nichias on a 10mm square can not achieve, the reason is that there is no heat sink pad without polarity.

Yeh, those are “resistance wires”. They’re carbon-impregnated fiber of some sort, and have a resistance “built in” so you don’t need a discrete resistor elsewhere.

The alternative was solid-core wire with a discrete resistor to limit current.

You want the full breakover voltage to be applied to the plug just to get it to spark, but you need the resistance to limit current once it’s flowing, to keep the constant parade of arcs from eating away the plug prematurely.