The best heat conductive substrate for flashlight

aliang802, are you hoping to find buyers for large volumes from businesses?

If so, you could start a thread under the Commercial Sellers forum heading.

Everyone still sees all the new posts under all the forums, the software here doesn’t hide anything. But it helps people search within a forum.

In this thread — under the LED Flashlignts General Info heading — you’re attracting interest from hobbyists. mostly.
Most of us might buy one or two boards, if you had them for sale inexpensively, or half a dozen, but not contract for you to create a new product in commercial quantities.

If you’re interested in making small quantities of unique boards, we will have suggestions.
Also there are people here using services that will create PCBs from design drawings — you might look at those.

Dear hank, this is the first time I posted on the forum. There are still a lot of things that need to be learned from you and everyone. My original intention is to discuss the technology, and look at the different views and suggestions from you.

In fact, in our country, this technology has been very mature and applied in many products, but many customers in foreign countries are not many and even few people know it. So I want to share this technology with interested friends from all around the world. Of course, if there is a need, no matter how much, I can not refuse you to come to my order, I will be happy for your trust and hope to become your true friend, not just a transaction.

So I am very clear about my direction, but also very grateful to you for your sincere advice, you are a good person. In China I have a lot of customers, salary is enough to maintain life, in the forum to communicate with you is a part of my life.To improve my English ability is another idea for me.I hope I can get your help.

I used to be an engineer and interested in the design of LED lamps. It is my pleasure to be of service to you.

Great! I’m just a reader of the forum here, I came because I wanted to build amber (590nm) flashlights, with no particular skills.
It’s a very good place to find helpful people.

Yeah, you are just helpful to me. :slight_smile:
Do you mean the following link?

The ‘Coolbase’ boards you link to are old tech.

The currently recommended ones are the Direct Thermal Path SinkPAD-II™ boards

These 10mm square boards fit the little 1xAA zoom lights, if you can find or make a solid pill to mount them: 10mm Square LEDs
Their triples are set up serial, which isn’t useful to me since I don’t use multiple-cell lights: Rebel Saber Tri-Star LED Assemblies

Noctigon makes triple DTP boards

but not for the Luxeon Rebel emitters

hank, if trust, I can help you to design and make.
Maybe it also brings good benefits to the friends of the forum in the future.

This is our new product.

Wish everybody Happy New Year!
What are you doing? Still on vacation?

I have built literally hundreds of flashlights, that said, I would have never had a use for this square mcpcb in any of them. So of course, I have to wonder what these are for?

I think it’s more in the way of “isn’t this nicely done?” whatever it is. Looks like for a larger led like mtg, sst, or some such.

See post #65. Apparently some lights take square PCBs.

Me personally, I never saw one that did, but apparently some do.

Mostly used in stage light, its power reached 100w or more.
This way is to complete a series parallel LED by wire bond.
It can flexibly select the number and power of LED, also convenient inventory.
I think, there are wonderful for different approaches but equally satisfactory results in ultra high power flashlight.

Oh, I KNOW where they’re used, almost paid $140 for a Luminus CBT-140 for it’s round die, but for that square mcpcb that is problematic fitting into a flashlight even if I can build the light from scratch myself, which I do.

You can take it as a reference
If placed in the flashlight, can be based on personal preferences to design