The Daily Joke Thread

Well played :smiley:

I guess you can call this year a cock year

Allways a potter drinks water from a shard.

Stop wasting time searching the internet for a correct answer to a question.

Instead, post the question with an incorrect answer and in no time at all, people will be eager as to correct you! :wink:

“Tried some of that aphrodisiac rhino horn and
now I can’t stop charging at Land Rover’s!” :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed

A blonde is on one side of a river and a brunette on the other.
The brunette yells over “how can I get to the other side”?
The blonde yells back “you are on the other side”! :beer:

Problem is the serpentine belt, it’s too big!

(I go to China and have a conversation with the tour guide:)

Dad: “So what should we do if we see any venomous snakes around?”

Guide: “If you see a dangerous snake, for God’s sake try and trap it!”

Dad: “Wait, why?!”

Guide: “You don’t understand. They eat the snakes here. I’m pretty sure we’ve eaten them all. If there’s any venomous snakes left, they’ll be worth a fortune!”

There was a man who was stranded on a desert island for many, many years. One day, while strolling along the beach, he spotted a ship in the distance. This had never happened in all the time he was on the island, so he was very excited about the chance of being rescued.

Immediately, he built a fire on the beach and generated as much smoke as possible. It worked! Soon, the ship was heading his way. When the ship was close enough to the island, a dinghy was dispatched to investigate the situation. The man on the island was overjoyed with the chance to be rescued and met his saviors as they landed.

After some preliminary conversation the man in charge asked the man on the island how he had survived for so many years.

The man replied by telling of his exploits for food and how he was able to make a fine house to live in. In fact, the man said, “You can see my home from here. It’s up there on the ridge.”

He pointed the men in the direction of his home. They looked up and saw three buildings. They inquired about the building next to the man’s house and he replied, “That’s my church - I go there to worship on Sundays.”

When asked about the third building, the man replied, “That’s where I used to go to church.”

Not being a Christian, I do not get this joke :frowning:

I was Christian for a large chunk of my life, and I don't get the joke either.

You never fail if you never try
Gold Rule

Bet it has something to do with the 1000+ types of Christian faiths coming from different interpretation or weighing parts of the bible, so I liked the joke a lot.

Lawyer: “Now, Mrs. Johnson, how was your first marriage terminated?”
Witness: “By death.”
Lawyer: “And by whose death was it terminated?”

Nother one:
Lawyer: “Can you describe what the person who attacked you looked like?”
Witness: “No. He was wearing a mask.”
Lawyer: “What was he wearing under the mask?”
Witness: “Er…his face.”

Yet another:
Lawyer: “What was the first thing your husband said to you when he woke that morning?”
Witness: “He said, ‘Where am I, Cathy?’”
Lawyer: “And why did that upset you?”
Witness: “My name is Susan.”

Another one:
Lawyer: “Trooper, when you stopped the defendant, were your red and blue lights flashing?”
Witness: “Yes.”
Lawyer: “Did the defendant say anything when she got out of her car?”
Witness: “Yes, sir.”
Lawyer: “What did she say?”
Witness: “‘What disco am I at?’

Last one:
Lawyer: “Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?”
Witness: “No.”
Lawyer: “Did you check for blood pressure?”
Lawyer: “Did you check for breathing?”
Lawyer: “So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?”
Lawyer: “How can you be so sure, Doctor?”
Witness: “Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.”
Lawyer: “But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?”
Witness: “Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere.”

Shamelessly stolen from Rinkworks.com

This happened to me yesterday: I was visiting Ruby Falls and they have a rock formation that looks like tobacco leaves hanging up to dry. The rocks have a green light shining on it to really make it look like tobacco. The guide recommened not smoking it though, as the last person to try got smoking it got stoned.

Good old rinkworks, i wonder if they still update it

i would laugh harder if this actually happened

I too don’t understand it.

Boaz, was The Miller correct in his undestanding?

Guys, the joke is in reference to the fact that “church” people notoriously have a hard time getting along, leading to “church splits” and/or people “leaving” one church to go to another. It’s funny because the guy was alone on the island (and presumably in church). Just a few years ago, I lived in a town where there were two “United Methodist Church” - one started by the son of the guy who started the other - within (less than) a mile of each other. These, in addition to a couple other denominations within this small town, and a few more in each of the next towns over in two directions, just a couple miles out each way. Being a Christian myself, I’m embarrassed by this absurd level of division.

Ditto.

Although the joke still didn’t really make sense to me, whoever wrote it was trying too hard IMO. :weary: