The King is dead? Long live the Warrior!!

When I press the momentary on, the voltage indicator leds do not light up. How about you guys?
Also I definitely have a problem with the on button. It just doesn’t turn on sometimes. I don’t think it is the switch, but rather the driver. Just a hunch. It would be nice to have the voltage meter work with a momentary on, to test the condition under a load, easily and quickly. But I still LOVE the light, my favorite one so far.

Nope no lights are on w/ momentary here either.

Not on mine either.

When I first found that out I thought this too, but then I realized the voltage meter lights would never work under momentary on: when batteries rest the voltage comes up and they have to be under load for a while for the voltage to drop back down.

Another thing…
I got protected NCR18650B’s with the Warrior from fast tech.
Have charged them twice now and still only get 3 led’s light up.
(Using xtar WP6).

Does it go to 4?

On the button topic- yes they are large and squishy, but it’s easy to find them.
Some lights are buggers in the dark to find the switch (Shh, it’s ok EA4, I love you)

I have 3100mAh Panasonic cells and I get 4 leds. Do you have a volt meter to see what voltage your charger is really terminating?

I am using 3 x Sony 2400mAh laptop puls charged to about 4.18V, all indicators lit up,
then after couple of minutes on high one indicator turns off and so on, I didnt do extensive
testing since this are unprotected cells and the light gets pretty warm pretty fast…

Also, all emitters go off when I turn off the light and buttons seams to work nicely, never had to
press them twice to do something…

P.S. I hooked up my DC-DC yesterday to see on what V levels will indicator leds go off but
that didn’t end up well since my DC-DC can handle only up to 3A of current it starts to cook fast…

Old li-ions don’t keep much top charge so that may explain what you’re seeing. The voltage dip quickly earlier than new batteries.

Doesn’t mean they’re no good, old pulls can still hold reasonable capacity but at generally lower voltage.

They all check at 4.17V - maybe a bung led?

Sounds like it, unless for some reason the protection is reducing the voltage seen by the light? I only use unprotected 2900 mAh Panasonics so far. Just used my Warrior for over an hour off and on max power and am only down to two lights. Very unscientific I know, but previously I’d done some continuous runs of about an hr on high and turned it off shortly after going to one LED. Once the batteries rest, it takes a while on low power for the lights to go down to the correct amount, but once you put it on high it goes down within seconds.

I am aware of that, I just wanted to say that indicator lights behave normally on my sample :wink:

Tried unprotected’s - same story, only 3 led’s.
Oh well, nice light though.

After much reading of this thread, I’ve decided to pull the chain and ordered the light from FT , this will be my first multi emitter light ….yay!
And now the long wait -:frowning:

It really is a nice light. I have the XML2 version and my only non-nitpicky issue is the PWM. If you are sensitive to it, its annoying, so it forces me to run around with my light on high 98% of the time :slight_smile: I know I wouldnt be as enthusiastic without XML2s though, I really like the reduced heat compared to SRK

rexdog: well you still have a power indicator, just with less front end accuracy.

Does anyone has an idea on suitable holster for this flashlight?

Someone? Anyone?

I think I saw a holster that can fit a Skyray king somewhere. Should work for warrior.

edit
Hmm, here a srk in a double mag pouch. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/14811

I am sure that I saw holsters for Nitecore TM series which would also be suitable but can’t remember where !

Here one https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/14953 Though it wouldn’t completely enclose a warrior, if protection from damage is what your after.
Hands free light!

I see someone mentioned CNQG / FFL carried a holster? Don’t see it on their site.

edit
Here we go! Try this thread for some options. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/9471

Found that nitecore TM holster $13 :bigsmile:

That’s the one I was looking for ™ :slight_smile: thanks Helios- :beer: :beer: :bigsmile:

Has anyone pulled the driver out of this light yet? I’d like to take a look, but need some advice on how to remove it without damaging it.