The King is dead? Long live the Warrior!!

That driver is pretty snugly press fitted, maybe even glued, I wasn’t been able to take it out (although I did not force it) but here is a method that sometimes can give good results:

• you will need something round with flat surface like a cap from deodorant or similar as bigger as it can fit into lights head.

You will also need 3M double sided sticky tape but not the spongy one which is more than 1 mm thick, you need the thin kind.
    Then just stick one side of the tape to flat surface of the cap, peel off second side of sticky tape and press the whole thing to center of the driver,
    now try to pull it out little by little wiggling from side to side but really slowly.

I’m afraid I’ll damage it to pull the driver out. Someone did a not so good of a job putting it in and scratched up some of the threading already and the edge of the driver.

Someone was asking earlier about XML2 in the fancyflashlights Warrior, and yes it has XML2s: one less bond wire in the LEDs.

Received my Warrior in only 11 days from FT.

Mine is perfect cosmetically, all power leds function fine, and no single XM-L glow when turning it off.
Its my first multi-emitter XM-L light and I’m impressed, it’s a wall of light in my large yard at night and also throws farther than I expected.
Nice size as well, and for $35 it’s a bargain since a good P60 host and drop in can run about the same.
I like the UI but would have preferred a High/Low and rampable.

$35?

$37.64 - BLF discount ($1.88) = $35.76

I actually paid mine $26.82 (converted rebate points to gift certificate and got additional $8.94 off the price)

Yes, the light is here at FT and the coupon code BLF will take an additional 5% off.
Just checked and my total was actually $35.76, great deal for a well made triple XM-L light.

Oh man that’s tempting, I had in my head they were $45, no idea why. How is it compared to the SRK, just a tiny bit longer?Anyone got a size comparison photo?

Looks like a tiny bit shorter according to FT, I really prefer the silver color on the Warrior though.

Warrior:
Depth 57 mm
Height 136 mm
Width 57 mm
Product Weight 297 g

SRK:
Depth 59 mm
Height 137 mm
Width 59 mm
Product Weight 341 g

I’m still holding out for a neutral white version of the Warrior. Any signs?

Comparison here.

It is only marginally smaller in diameter, but feels smaller that the dimensions indicate. My SRK is the FT $38 version, a disappointment in terms of output - absolutely no comparison to the Warrior (even allowing for the XML2 in the latter).

I’d swear my Warrior is much more than 2mm smaller by the way it feels.

And someone asked again above: $35 is XML fastech, $45 was XML2, then upped to $55, someone said back to $49.

Neutral white XML2 and non-detectable PWM in a Warrior and I’d snap up a second one with no second thoughts!

+1

XM-L2 Warriors exist? Maybe that’s what I was thinking about for $45?
Link for XM-L2 please? I’d pay a bit more for newer, slighter brighter emitters, and CW is fine by me.
I have an excellent CNQG black SRK, even if the Warrior is the same brightness, the better modes and slightly smaller size would make it worth it to me. Warrior would have less run times on high though.

Here at Fancy Flashlights during "promotion". $49 free shipping.

-Garry

Here. Says "LAST 4 pieces available!", so be quick.. :)

Edit: Garry beat me by some seconds. ;)

Thanks guys, ordering now

Just noticed its T6 emitters, is it still CW?

XM-L2 T6 1A, so yes, it's CW.

Thanks, too used to seeing T6’s associated with NW