The making of the BLF UC4 charger: the start of a new venture, INTEREST LIST, UPDATE 7 (Well, ramping stopped :/ )

Interested

I am interested

I am definitely interested

The discharge currents' list looks good; the charging currents' one, still queasy in the mid to high end imho. O:)

I agree with the rock solid advanced feature set for the price standpoint. Dual powerbank USB outputs, Wi-Fi connection, IOT stuff… are asian luxuries with no place in this price bracket imho.

I still didn't say I'm interested. I'm pretty sure I'll eventually say it, but seems like a long way to go still is.

Will the PSU be a brick like with Miboxer C4-12, or more compact as Lii-500 has? Will it support QC3.0 and PD Usb Power supplies, like Xtar ST2 2x4A does?

tl;dr (duck and cover): Will it have a USB port that can be powered by the adaptor? Would be nice for charging e.g. smartphones without the need for another adaptor.

Yes. 5V 900mA.

@BlueSwordM: Can you please give more details on how BLF UC4 will look like? Is there already a charger on the market that BLF UC4 will be based on?

Very interested, have been looking to get a new charger.

I’m interested also.

interested

I’m in for 1. My MC3000 bit the dust recently.

How did it bite the dust?

I would like to know.

The pins on two of the slots broke so only two slots have tension. Also one of the remaining “good” slots started behaving strangely (the charge current would bounce around all over the place through the charging cycle). The last time I used it there was a smell of burning plastic but I haven’t opened it up to see what happened. I think technically one slot is still fully functional but I gave up on it.

In case you aren’t aware, the broken pins are a common problem of the early version, but you can find a number of different fixes and work-arounds on the MC3000 thread at CPF. You also might ask there if anyone has any input on the electrical problem.

Here are the additions since last week’s update and the file linked to in post #1 have been updated too.
The interest list count now stands at 336 chargers.

Thanks!

POST # NAME
833 adirus
834 Hakuo
835 vinte77
837 IH8MYX
838 Glov
839 AK4
840 man of light
841 sassaquin
842 JakeDjanitor
843 illuminos
849 Ilmatic
850 Zandar
851 WeeG
852 niktak11

@BlueSwordM: As the charger will not be based on the UT4 and the protected 21700s make it impossible to use the IT4 as a base, can you please give more details on how BLF UC4 will look like?
Is there already a charger on the market that BLF UC4 will be based on?

I´m also interested in buying one.

Interested

@rost233, if everything goes well, I’ll be trying out my hand on a new design.

Also guys, this thread will be a bit empty this week due to Chinese holidays.