Thrunite C2 USB Portable Charger Doesn't Work With Low Current Devices

LOL! You are one friggin wiseguy! (it’s a personal joke people)

This sounds good.

Hope I’ll get the same answer.

Good to hear, I have always wanted a decent removable 18650 battery powerbank, after having tried many other cheapos with very poor performance. Or maybe if thrunite is kind enough to send me one I’ll gladly do the tests. :smiley:

You sent them an email, right? I don’t see why they wouldn’t treat you the same as me.

I hope they actually fix the problem. I’ll let you know once I receive my replacement. As far as getting one to review, can’t hurt to ask :slight_smile:

hmm Thrunite is clear about it having a high output, up to 3A.
And theyspeak of chargingUSB devices with cell phones as example.

I think it is a grey area that t cannot power low power USB devices right?
It would be great if it could,but from reading the manual and specs I would expet this, so it is really a problem to be fixed?

If it’s something normal for this or any similar device, then it should be in the specs as to the minimum current requirement. That being said, the rep that contacted me said it should work and that they’re working on a fix.

Damn! It’s now shutting off at 84% with my Moto X smartphone with a full battery! I hope Thrunite irons the bugs out!

I forgot to mention, I started the charge at 60% and the charge stopped when the flashing LED on the C2 was still purple, not a steady red which would indicate the C2 battery needed to be recharged.

I am now in contact with the service person and will get a improved charger without the charging bug in about one month. :+1:

Yes I got confirmation a new improved version is to replace the model.
nice to see them listento complaints.

Have you tested how much amps the motox pulls when nearly full? could of course be it is pulling just too little (thus giving you the issue of a shut down C2 due to too little power draw)

1. As a fast power bank with a max output of 3A, C2 Only charges devices when the input current is at least 350mA.
  2. recommend using the original devices cable to charge phones and other devices. Uncertified cables may not be compatible with devices
  3. Please make sure the charging cable is connected securely into the charging port of the C2 charger.The charging notification will be displayed on the screen of mobiles devices once connected successfully.

I’ll charge my phone when it’s at 70% and see what the current draw is. I’ll report back. Last time it only charged to 84% even though the battery was still flashing purple on the C2.

BTW, just got an email as well telling me that it will take a month for the new version to be ready. I have no problem waiting. I’m thrilled with their customer service :slight_smile:

I was asked by Thrunite to delete the emails they sent me which I posted here. I complied.

Great to see that Thrunite has admitted to the problem. On the other hand, last I checked, since this issue has been made known here, Thrunite hasn’t taken the product off of their webpage for the time being, so more customers will be affected, and if enough of them pay attention, more will be dissatisfied.

I stand corrected. They have pulled it. Very good job.

A very good company indeed. Makes me want to buy more products from them, and I will knowing they will stand behind them.

I bought mine from amazon.ca from thruniteca and this is the response they sent after I emailed them of the problem with charging low drain devices. Looks like I might not be getting a upgraded model.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you,

C2 is not compatible with all the devices. It can charge most mobiles, but for the low input current, it cannot charge,

1. As a fast power bank with a max output of 3A, C2 Only charges devices when the input current is at least 300mA.
2. We recommend using the original devices cable to charge phones and other devices. Uncertified cables may not be compatible with devices
3. Please make sure the charging cable is connected securely into the charging port of the C2 charger.The charging notification will be displayed on the screen of mobiles devices once connected successfully.

Please note that it may not charge the devices with input current less than 350mA, and we have added that information on our official website to ask customer buy it accordingly,

Fails to charge my Moto x with a 1.18 amp draw. Shuts off with or without the USB Detector, and with known good USB cables the work on other portable USB chargers. The funny thing is it did charge my phone to 100% when I first got it. Then only to 84% the second time I tried it, and now it won’t stay powered at 80%. I think it’s dying a slow death. I tried another fully charged unprotected 3400mAh Panasonic. Same results.

I missed the content of those emails but I guess transparency is a thing of the past.

You are professional.

As a fast power bank with a max output of 3A, C2 Only charges devices when the input current is at least 350mA.

But mine shuts off at 1.8 amps. I’d have to say it’s defective or a major design flaw.

Any update on this subject?

Its still purchasable on their website with the min. 350mA current threshold. Are you waiting on the v2 or is this it?

Are there any alternative to the C2? It would be real cool if this type of product (removable 18650 battery power bank) were combined with a flashlight…anybody know something about that? (I dont care about the fast discharge rate)