TK's Emisar D4 review

I am so tempted to try to fry an egg on the glass.

But that would be wrong.

This light have only one default level. 350mA.
I never change thermal config myself,but I remember I gave d4 to friend…
So yes you and TK was right. I just change thermal config and now it works good.
I like default settings 45c, so I don’t even look at thermal menu click configuration. It is very simple , and not trained person can accidentally set temperature to ambient temperature.

So thanks to you and TK.

less wrong if you use a pan?
flashlight survival:

Thats not a flashlight

THIS is a flashlight (insert D4 here)

I intend to give a D4 to a friend. He is not very flashlight aware, but sensible enough to be safe after receiving a li-ion safety primer.
You need to really abuse D4 to start fire.

I would definitely never give a D4 to someone. (only to a flasaholic).
Even people who listen to you, will forget in a few days of elementary rules. There are dozens of good flashlights on the market to give away, the D4 is not one of them. D4 is for us ….

My friend has many good light but he like click many times. Click-click-click……definitly more than 10 times)

Indeed. Before we know it these type of lights will be engraved with a paragraph of dire warnings. Don’t rush it.

D4vn in work, works very well with a focused hot spot in some applications. Those times you need a little more reach

Looking forward to the 4000k coming, will make a nice edition to the growing D4 family :slight_smile:

Looks good Ven. The 4000K Nichia is amazing. I had Vinh put them in my D4. :+1:

Can you show us some beamshots of the V54 D4 in action? Preferably side-by-side with a stock D4.

Anyone using this at work WITH gloves on?
How is the feel on that clicky?

Might replace my L2T at some point but I would rather get some light with “tactical” protruding switch.

replaced mine with 4000k nichia 92 cri today.I regret nothing. Really nice, The only issue Im having is the not low enough moon mode. Maybe a red filter or should I change the Firmware? Never tried this before. Is there any Firmware which could easy be used for this? Or do I have to change The firmware. Or has anyone else another Solution. Even the moonmode from my Q8 is lower:(

When are these going to be back in stock?

Even the moonmode from my Q8 is lower:(
[/quote]

should’t it be? I think I read it can be programmable down to where it’s not even visible?

The HI versions are in stock at MTN….if y’all don’t mind the extra throw, power and $18.

I thought i would pick up a couple of spare optical lenses for my D4.

The ones i purchased were the 10622 carclo.

I have now noticed TK has listed the d4 as having a 10621 carclo - can any one explain the difference between these two lenses?

Was about to order but Intl.-Outdoor seems to be out-of-stock and 70+USD at XPL-HI + shipping at MTN (rest are out-of-stock) is getting a bit pricey :smiley:

Have to wait then…

If no one beats me to it, I will try tonight (early morning and in work)…

Beams are completely different, the spill/flood is a lot more focused/narrow and hot spot more intense .

I have an L2T in work also, this is usually in my little tool bag.

Yes wear gloves, of course many variables in types . Gloves I use there is no issue with the switch for me. If you have a ZL and could try that with gloves , if it’s good for you then the D4 should be…

Hey there, managed to get a couple of pics for you. Ignore brightness and colour temp/tint as i had to use a lower level on the D4vn(too concentrated and overwhelmed camera being close to wall)

Pic is around 7ft off wall, little idea of beam pattern
Contenders
D4 219c/ D4vn xp-g2 PDT

D4

D4vn

As you can see, the D4 pretty much floods the wall, hard to make out hot spot/centre with flood(shows better on camera than it does to the eye, to the eye its just flood). The D4vn has a tighter square flood pattern with focused hot spot.

Will try and get a couple of outdoor pics, time and darkness dependent.
Cheers!