TK's Emisar D4 review

I want a spare tailcap to mung.

Thinking about drilling a quarter-inch hole dead center, to accept a tripod-type screw hanger,
https://www.google.com/search?q=tripod+D-ring&tbm=isch&imgil=Cecso6aGh8kFCM%253A%253BmN4UHE7YizxIJM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.amazon.com%25252FNeewer-D-ring-Mounting-Monopod-Release%25252Fdp%25252FB00KFAK6UO&source=iu&pf=m&fir=Cecso6aGh8kFCM%253A%252CmN4UHE7YizxIJM%252C*&usg=*\_elSDnswl6NydIbEKvLAknhjr1Yo%3D&biw=1346&bih=852&ved=0ahUKEwigo626k7rWAhUHilQKHf-YChoQyjcIbw&ei=SrjFWaDWEIeU0gL_sarQAQ#imgrc=ZL0JY36xns6MoM:

and glue the nut on the inside of the spring.

Have you looked at how thin the tailcap is? The spring generally compresses until it’s flat, which leaves no room for anything under it. You’d probably get better results by cutting the post off that part, sanding it flat, and gluing it to the tailcap.

Otherwise, if you hollowed out part of the tail PCB, you could probably put a nut into the hole as long as it’s no thicker than the PCB.

Thanks, TK. I needed that sanity check.

Slicing the 219C does improve the throw, make the tint more rosy and the beam more square-ish.
All in all, I’m ok with the result :slight_smile:

EDIT : those are not the stock 5000K 219C, but some 4000K from KD

Slicing Nichia’s works great for improving tint. I like the 5000k 219b’s in the S41 after slicing.

Really like that X3 :+1:

Little Noctigon family

Love these lights!

Nice collection! :smiley:

Thank you Matt :slight_smile:

Got my D4 a couple of weeks ago. Today I noticed that the TIR-lens has a crack in it. Don’t now if it’s an original defect or if I broke it somehow. The crack starts from the edge of the lens. Haven’t had the guts to open it yet. There is no rattling inside.

Can I get a replacement TIR-lens somewhere? I love this little chubby and hate when it’s damaged :frowning:

I believe that THIS OPTIC FROM MTN works. You could also get the frosted one if you wanted.

Please correct me if this optic doesn’t fit.

That’s not a crack. Every quad carclo optic on the D4 has that.

How embarrasing!

Many thanks for the kind and friendly objurgation :slight_smile:

I might buy the suggested TIR after all, mine has scratches.

I believe this may be typical. All 3 of mine look like that. Replacement optics can be purchased at Carclo & Ledil 3-UP + 4-UP Optics

I bought the “10623 Carclo Lens - 4-UP Quad Frosted Medium Spot Optic” from MTN along with a D4, and immediately swapped it in instead of the 10621. It makes the light more floody and greatly reduces any squarish beam. It may slightly reduce lumens and/or throw, but it works fine for my use.

What emitters do you have in your D4?

On an unrelated note, I finally ordered an 18350 tube from mountain along with an efest 700mah battery (because the aspire are still out of stock :frowning:

Yep, I asked about that same odd pattern of lines a while back and posted a similar picture.
Just something about how the lens gets molded, associated with that rectangular bit (sprue?) at one position.

You know Hank gets another grey hair every time someone calls an Emisar a Noctigon, right?

It really bothers him.

I wonder how the D4 beam pattern would look with say 3xXPG2 dedomed + 1x XPL2 with dome on. Give maybe a bit more throw while still having a lot of spill.