60kcd is a lot for a floody light, even one with massive output, was that measured by someone from BLF, and in the correct way after 30 seconds?

Unless and until a dedicated Olight style diffuser gets made, how about cutting down the hard plastic diffuser from an A19 LED bulb? Nominally they’re around 60mm at the widest point, so it should be possible to trim one to a size that can slide over the 49mm bezel and rest on the head.

If cut accurately enough, it’s probably possible to put a rubber band over the bezel to press fit the diffuser on so it’s less likely to fall off when moved around.

Yesterday I picked up a new flashlight at the post office. At first, two LEDs did not light up. Jack sent a completely new flashlight in turn. It can be seen that he behaves honestly. :+1:

I ordered an ROT66 on August 12 and still have not received my flashlight. The tracking number I received on August 15 never received updates outside of picked up by shipping partner usps awaiting item.

I tried contacting fireflies via email (replying to original email confirmation) to no avail. I then contacted freeme who contacted fireflies to look into it. Fireflies never got back to me there.

At that point, I figured private message on here would work. The first Pm was on September 27th mentioning that the flashlight might have gotten lost in transit. After many messages back and forth. I asked fireflies to send me a replacement light on October 6th. On October 15, fireflies said they shipped a replacement. I asked for a tracking number shortly after receiving the message and heard nothing back.

On October 22, I sent a long message asking for a tracking number and pointing out this isn’t how you should treat customers.

No updates on tracking number or my light.

I have no idea what is going on here.

^ Come on Fireflies, this is unacceptable.

The ROT66 XP-L HI measures higher output than my stock MF-01 with 219C.

If he shipped it just be patient Shadow. I know you have already shown great patience. I’m sure you’ll get this new one, and be glad actually because you’ll get the most up to date one with aux LED and no LED issues. All the first run issues are fixed.

If it helps, I had two ROT66 shipped about the same time but separately and one took like 2 weeks longer and had no tracking number for some reason, unlike the other one. Even so you can’t always rely on that China to USPS transfer, I have stuff in my house that 17TRACK shows is sitting in a Chinese cafe enjoying a bowl of Dim Sum!

It’s been 11 weeks and Shadow X still has no proof the replacement was even shipped because Fireflies is ghosting him. At this point Fireflies should be rolling out the red carpet, not refusing to even provide a tracking number.

I think it’s generous FF sent a new light after only 7 weeks. Some companies require you to wait 12 weeks before declaring a package lost.

How can you say FF is “refusing” anything? That is not the correct word. It could be a simple communication error.

Compared to most of us, Shadow_X has been treated extremely differently. The rest of us have been having very good responsiveness and treatment, so I am definitely curious what the root of the mistake is here.

Actually I was treated like that when I bought the Enogear AA from him before he formed Fireflies. No responses to emails for weeks. I thought it was hopeless but 3 or 4 months later, I eventually received a replacement along with another flashlight as a freebie which cost more than the one I bought.

Also I bought a ROT66 the day it was announced in July, which was before the GB, and received it in October. The package was stuck in HK customs. The two I bought the last day of the GB came real quick (think it took only 2 weeks).

All I can say is have some patience. Eventually you will receive it. After some time, if you still don’t, I’m sure Jacky will send you another one.

First one took almost one month, second one , who knows ?? Lol… probably one month…

Jack kept correctly. At my first light, two diodes are broken - crushed. Known issue. I sent Jack a video. He promised to send a new torch. He sent you in about three weeks - probably after solving the LED problem. Two weeks after sending the package, it was still impossible to track. I wrote to Jack - the answer the other day. Within a few days, the package could be tracked. I received the flashlight this week. Completely packed! I thought he would only send a new head. But it is a completely valuable lamp. Including box and accessories. So now I have two lamps, only two diodes are not functional. It may be possible to repair - the head of the lamp is not sealed. Maybe it’s a bit slower communication, but the seller’s behavior is very honest. I thank you for this honest deal.

Still waiting for your replacement?

Update! On November 5th 2018(Now known as Shadow Rot66 Day), I finally received my ROT66.

Outside of some sharp spots on the tail cap and slightly dirty optics everything is good.

I have no idea why this whole ordeal took so long but I finally received it.

I would have updated sooner, but I was busy making all my other lights look green in comparison to the 219B’s :sunglasses: :+1:

They’re green with envy.

Ordered a 2nd 219B ROT66 as well as a 2nd 219B PL47 a few days ago but haven’t gotten order aknowlegements yet from FF or PayPal, No worries here since I know Jack is real busy right now. Hope the order is able to be filled since it was mentioned somewhere that FF is starting to run low on Nichia 219B’s and will probably convert to the less desireable (for me) 219C’s. In the meantime, l will just patiently wait to see how and when this all unfolds and continue to enjoy the shorter days and longer nights! :wink:

They probably won’t be converting to 219Cs, but go with SST-20s.

SST-20s are just a bit less efficient than 219Cs, not even noticeable in real use, but more throw, better tint, and better color reproduction is certainly noticeable.

Any idea what K the 219B is from FF?

4500k.