UF-1405 XHP-70 retina burner

I think they’re all pretty much the same. It’s just a little bit more convenient of a size than most heat guns, and the temperature is perfect

You’re probably right about them all being the same, I just figured I’d check since most of the ones on amazon look pretty cheap and I see a decent number of reviews that say they burn out quick

I got mine at a thrift store for $3 about 6 months ago. It is just a cheap generic one and I have no idea how much it was used before me, but it has held up fine. A big upgrade from the bernzomatic torch I had been using.

But I’ll try not to derail your thread too much

Nice mod CyrusAM :slight_smile:

And good idea about the embossing gun PD, to bad i couldn’t find any Chinese free shipping sellers of one. They seem to be a very american item :slight_smile: I can only find american & Uk sellers that carry them, and $30 including for the convenience of a miniaturized heat gun is to much.

Thanks for the inspiration to try this myself.
Please excuse the poor photos taken with my phone.

I filed down a 20mm Sinkpad mounted XHP70 N4-3B (to 16mm) to fit in my UF-1405.

Then added an extra 6x 7135s to, solder braided and zener modded a Nanjg 105C.

…and filed out the LED retainer slightly to fit around and centre the XHP70 perfectly. It presses against the ceramic LED substrate without any shorts.

I’m using Soshine 5500mAh 26650 batteries.
The result is pretty impressive.

Hopefully I’ll be able to take some beamshots soon, when I next go to my parents property.

When zoomed, the + is distinctive up close, but when lighting up something at a distance, not noticeable.
Zoomed out, there’s literally a wall of light.

Next improvements will be to use thicker gauge wires to the LED, try a FET DD driver or add more 7135s to the 105C and fix up my soldering a bit (hmm……like the solder braid that disconnected itself from the spring in the driver photo above).
I don’t know what current the Soshine’s top out at before the protection kicks in, but appear to work well with this setup so far.

I’ve only had this setup on at full power for about 30secs so far. It only gets very slightly warm.

At the moment, I’m happy with this combination and how flexible it appears to be.

I wonder how long it would be before your pic is use to advertise a 3W, 2000 lumen, luxbrite, 18650 zoomie… 0:)

If you mean my pics :open_mouth: , that’s fine…………… dodgy pics for a dodgy product :wink:

KawiBoy1428 shaved and frosted his XHP70.

Nice!!

That might work well in the UF-1405. I might try that when I get brave enough.

lol. I mean Cyrus’ pics of the mountain.

Hmm never thought of putting one in a Zoomie?

Before and after using a guide I made up… Dome on Frosted…… Shaved for throw… Crappy phone camera pics, but pretty impressive in person the difference it makes!

Thanks KB1428.

I can definitely see myself ordering another XHP70 and trying this.

Just wish it wasn’t such a pain having to file down the Sinkpad to get it to fit in a UF-1405.

Yeah 16mm and 20mm some choices huh? Me I wish they would make (Noctigons) bigger MCPCB’s, so I could open the shelf up to a bigger diameter, and the leads would clear the reflector base’s? Getting tired of cutting down reflector’s!! :frowning: Struggle on my brother!! :bigsmile:

Sinkpad XHP70 6V 16mm Copper MCPCB

Thanks Jubeldum.

I saw that, but unfortunately out of stock and I’d have to mount the emitter………that’d take some practice for me to get it right.

Wish there was a mass produced 16mm for the XHP70. It really goes well with the UF-1405.

It’s The Death Star!

Nice light! The UF-1405 has en extension tube?

2x 26650 Big Bro UF-1405 Zoomie Flashlight Host - 2x26650

Hi Dez. Nice build! :wink: If possible, check the consistency in output of your build. I’ve found that Qlites, 6V LEDs & High Drain batteries does not work well together as the 7135 chips overheat while burning off the excess watts. Not saying you’ll have the issue, but just check that your output stays close to consistent over 30-60 seconds. Overheating will cause the output to drop dramatically.

Edit: My solution to the overheating issue is direct driven setups by managing amps with wire thickness, lower drain batteries, not braiding springs (if necessary).