Ultratac A1 on Amazon. AA or 14500 600 lumen tail clicky. $11.95

Vt2nv, cool, thanks for your opinion.

I wasn’t complaining, we’re used to having to pay over the odds for anything from the US, thanks to our EU overlords. :smiley:

toddcshoe, thank you for posting the link!

After seeing and using this flashlight, you will probably be very happy with your purchase. And remember, "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten" -Aldo Gucci, 1938

I bought one of these and like it!

Probably swap the emitter, but I like the look, feel, and mode spacing.
Emitter is OK but I have some Nichia and Samsung high CRI emitters to try out.

FB

I ordered one when this thread was first posted, then cancelled the order because I have plenty of AA lights. Then I started to think maybe I should order one after all, but shook it off. Then I started think maybe I should order one after all. Then I saw the AA tool was marked way down, and thought, maybe I should order one instead. Then I reminded myself that I have a SF14. Then I found ActiveAl’s comparison of the specs of the Ultratac A1, the Tool AA and the SF14.

Thanks, ActiveAl! I think you’ve probably saved me from further dithering. I’m quite happy with the SF14 and it’s mode spacing, and I think I’d be less happy with the A1.

I’ve been going around in circles, too, eas. I just got TWO SF14’s and a Tool AA. And a TK05 shortly before that. And a Mi7 on the shelf. The A1 seems like a great light, but I have needed to convince myself multiple times that I don’t need one. It’ll probably be my 1xAA recommendation going forward though.

The clicky comes out of the tail in the same fashion as a Convoy S2+ if you have ever taken on apart. Unscrew the retaining ring out of the tail cap and everything will come out.

I am sure you are right, thank you AI.

My Amazon delivery date is the 1st of August, I will post here once I’ve had a play with it :laughing:

It appears that my wife's and my UltraTac A1 may have unique alpha-numeric serial numbers. They are printed on the flashlight head in white letters opposite the UltraTac A1 logo. Our numbers are AS2A8CS032 and AS2A8CS107. Anybody else notice this?

For those of you still thinking about buying the UltraTac A1 on Amazon, the 10% coupon code SS6TRV2E still works in the checkout cart - which brings the $12.95 price down to $11.65. And you can you can buy more than one if you like.

July 21 Update: The price is now $13.88, but the coupon code still works which brings it down to $12.49.

Mine is the exact same way but with 008 at the end. I assume it helps them track manufacturing dates where the lights ended up for resale, etc. I don’t know. Just guessing. Numbers at the end I also assume is the serial number for that specific lot. I of course could be talking out of my you know what. :smiley:

says $13.88 now

Want to share my results performing an A1 Low-mode run time test. The Eneloop battery used was measured at 1959 mAh prior to the test using a Zanflare C4 charger.

The brightness appeared to be constant through day four and then began to sag somewhat when the voltage reached about 1.1v .The flashlight abruptly shut itself off when the battery reached about 0.8v..

Dividing the battery charge (1959 mAh) by the run time of the flashlight in hours (114 hours) indicates that Low-mode current draw of the flashlight is about 17 mA. Therefore using my 2348 mAh AmazonBasic High Capacity Ni-MH battery should provide roughly 136 hours (5.7 days) of run time.

For owners of this torch who clip it to their pockets, what do you think of it? That groove in the clip looks like it only allows for clipping to thin pockets, which makes me reluctant to buy the torch without also getting a clip that allows for thicker pockets.

The clip on my UltraTac A1 is more robust that any other flashlight in my AA/14500 collection including Thorfire TG06S, Sofirn SF14, and Lumintop AA Tool. See it pictured below. It can be reversed and used to clip the light to a ball cap very securely, so you should have no problem clipping the flashlight inside any pocket. It is not, however, a deep carry clip.

I like most everything about mine, wish I knew a deep carry clip for it and it would be my edc.

Active Al, thank you for the feedback. My only concern is the groove in the clip that fits over a pocket is very narrow, so it doesn’t look like the clip would fit a thicker pocket without having to bend it out excessively.

It is down to $11.99 again. Not sure if any coupons work.

Thanks, I couldn’t resist any longer. The BLF code didn’t work, but the 10% SS6TRV2E did, taking it down to $10.79

:+1:
I ordered another one as well.

Me three! Thanks!

Ugh.

I figured, wotdahell, I’ll have a look, maybe order a couple… and it’s back up to 13, not 12. And that was only ~3hrs ago that Pete posted that.

What are they doing??