Ultratac A1 on Amazon. AA or 14500 600 lumen tail clicky. $11.95

Yeah, unfortunately, pricing on some items on Amazon changes by the hour, multiple times in a day. I don’t get it either.

They are priming the pump. They lower the price until the word gets around and they get a little attention, then they raise it after the free advertising. This is not uncommon on Amazon. They may not be aware of the backlash which is loss of good will towards the company. I wish UltraTac was a little more friendly towards BLF.

While checking out the A1, I also noticed that the Tool AA is on Lightning Deals today for $14.80. I’m glad I just grabbed an A1 or I’d be tempted to snag that, too :disappointed:

Exactly. Just on principle now, I ain’t gonna get any unless I can snag that 10.79 price (12.00-10%), and get at least 2 for that price (else why bother?).

I like Craftsman toolbags. A lot. I’d get ’em in the 2pax (12”/18”, 10”/12”, etc.) and keep meters, etc, in them. But when Sears was in bankruptcy and in danger of closing forever, you’d think they’d be consistent in their prices, but I’d check online and every single day they had different prices. Not like in-store sales when pretty much 1 week out of 3 they’d be half-price, but up’n’down by a coupla bux or more. Never the same price twice, it seemed.

Hell, I wanted to buy enough of them to make the 50buk free-shipping minimum, but could never do it because of the Price Of The Day dartboard method of how much each “kit” was being charged that day. It was really annoying, that I just gave up.

I forgot, said I’d post here once mine arrived and I’d had a play.

I paid $17 for mine! (include shipping to the UK) but I am very happy with it, its super bright with a 14500 and nice quality all round, build, finish, tint, nice simple UI and fantastic glowy bits!

My UltraTac A1 with my favorite photo of the misses:

Thank you toddcshoe for posting about the A1 and to all others that have contributed to this thread.

Excellent. Prefer it more than the 14500’s.

It does awesome on a NiMh. The low is almost sub lumen the medium is about 30 and the high is about 220 or so. I keep NiMh’s in mine. Works perfectly.

That sounds about right. I measured 16 mA current draw with a DMM on low. 1.3A on high.

It looks like they used the same pricing model from before it was out of stock, started around 11-12, then 12.95, now 13.88 again, next 14.95 probably. It might be a limited number of items per price tier, then moves to the next highest price. Anyways, I actually got in an order for 2 when it was 12.95, which works well for my non-prime free shipping needing $25. At 11.99 it wouldn’t have added up! LOL

btw that 10% code still worked, dropped it to a total of 23.xx

Ultratac A7 AAA clicky. Amazon.com

Sweet looking dog - and flashlight. Cheers!

Pete, what is your set up for measuring flashlight current? Thanks.

Just a basic DMM (UniT UT61E) and probes with the tailcap removed from the light. Works good enough with lower currents. For higher currents, I will use a clamp meter.

Do you know if the strobe mode is inline with High and Low? I can't believe that Ultratac would do this but this is in the description:

Press click tail switch ON/OFF,switching High-Low-Strobe light mode.

This is a good looking AAA flashlight and I love the way the knurling is segmented - like on the A1. Also, I prefer a tail switch over a twisty as often found on AAA flashlights. But, like everyone else, I am sick of strobe mode. If its there, it has to be hidden. I couldn't find any information on this flashlight on the UltraTac website.

Thanks for the OP. Are going to do a review on the A1 as previously suggested? Would love to see it!

It seems to be!!! Old style… :person_facepalming:
That is one of the reasons why this light doesn’t seem to be an Ultratac… Unless they went back in time :expressionless:

Sent the following question to service@UltraTac.com:

Saw the A7 on sale at Amazon, and need clarification before making a purchase decision. Is the strobe mode hidden or is it inline with High and Low? Thanks.

Will post any reply.

Nice, I hope they answer :wink:

Just received the following answer from mike@ultratac.com:

Subject: Re:A7 AAA Flashlight Modes
It's not hidden. it's inline with high anf low.

and here is my reply:

Mike, thanks for the quick response. I, and perhaps others on BudgetLightForum.com are disappointed that UltraTac decided to implement the strobe mode on the A7 inline with High and Low. In my opinion, the strobe mode should be hidden if used at all on any new flashlight.

The UltraTec A1 is currently a very popular AA/14500 form-factor flashlight on BLF. See this thread. Is there any way that a promotional discount code could be obtained for our forum, perhaps in exchange for a review? Appreciate any consideration. Thanks again. Alan, aka ActiveAl

Yes, still going to do one. Got kind of lazy. I want to finish up some run time test with both NiMh and 14500. I will get them concluded today and tomorrow and write up a full review. I have a bunch of both kinds of cells charged and ready so I will get them going now.

Thanks A1 for reminding me. I get lost sometimes and need help finding my way. :smiley:

Hi,
does anyone know why it is not on the ultratac site?