[Unboxing] FIREFLIES E01 21700 Flashlight

Cereal-killer, thanks for your help.

Did you use a progkey to flash your E01, or took the driver off like TrueRMS posted?

Did you compiled the anduril or was a ready available hex file?

Is there anduril full firmware for this?

Can if be flash via the via's?

Yes, Anduril is available for the FF E01 and it can be flashed with a HQ ProgKey.

http://toykeeper.net/torches/fsm/anduril.2019-08-05.ff-e01.hex

Thank You.

Which MCU is on this?

Hi BLF.
I received my E01, and really liked it.
One thing catch my attention. It’s thermal regulation works smoothly. Much better than on any of my other lights.
ToyKeeper, I would like to ask if the Anduril for the E01 that you linked has the same thermal regulation of it’s original firmware.

Anyone?

Cant flash it as I cant get it apart to see what Chip it is.

I do not see why it wouldn’t be the ATtiny85. In fact the code files reference E01, E07 and PL47 to all be basically the same driver

Tried ATiny85 said it was not expect the signature.

Using AVRDUDESS

Heres what I get.

avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: error: program enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0xffff00
avrdude.exe: Expected signature for ATtiny85 is 1E 93 0B

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

Clean contacts and check wiring to usbasp? IDK. I couldn’t get my E07 flashed with a HQ ProgKey either so i’m no expert. The pads seem much less forgiving than the D4v2 pads (which use a different pinout)

Im using Neals usb bit and a generic 6 pin flasher, think ill try the manual dupoint connectors.

I assume you mean Hank in which case it’s not compatible. Manual connections might work though or you might just try carefully soldering directly to the board.

Manual connection does not do it.

Still same message.

avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: error: program enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0xffff00
avrdude.exe: Expected signature for ATtiny85 is 1E 93 0B

Ill just leave it thanks all.

Got this now??

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e930b (probably t85)
avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against D:\Downloads\anduril.2019-08-05.ff-e01.hex:
avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file D:\Downloads\anduril.2019-08-05.ff-e01.hex:
avrdude.exe: input file D:\Downloads\anduril.2019-08-05.ff-e01.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude.exe: input file D:\Downloads\anduril.2019-08-05.ff-e01.hex contains 7460 bytes
avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 3.85s

avrdude.exe: verifying ...
avrdude.exe: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0004
0x18 != 0x30
avrdude.exe: verification error; content mismatch

Did you try cleaning everything with alcohol?

I never got either of my E07’s or my E01 to program with the pads and my HQ flashing key.

Yes cleaned everything wit IPA.

Manual dupont leads neither made any difference

In some of Lexel’s boards he added some filtering component which prevents it from working right. Wonder if that is the case here. If TK’s works maybe it’s due to it being a pre-production or something. I wouldn’t think so though if the pads are there.

It uses attiny85. Anduril should work and uses the same thermal regulation as the E01’s default firmware.

I’ve had no troubles flashing the E01, but I can’t get an E07 to flash. The E07s I’ve tried require physically disconnecting the aux LEDs before flashing… but E01 worked fine for me without messing with anything.

The error shown earlier looks like it just didn’t manage to maintain a solid connection throughout the entire process. Make sure the pins have solid contact, and try again. It should be safe to keep retrying until the verify step succeeds, as long as you don’t try to set any fuse values.

I plan to write up a guide for these in the “near” future… Just have to find time between all the other projects I have going on.

I appreciate your input above as it will likely save me considerable frustration and wasted time. I’ve heard from others that there were issues with the aux LEDs and flashing, and your post adds another reliable witness.

Were you able to get them flashed after disconnecting the aux LEDs? (seems implied, but I’d rather not assume).

Also, the E01 looks pretty great. Thank you to the OP for the review. I’ll have to pick one up when the discretionary flashlight budget fills back up.