Update: 10-22-17. KRONOS K70 GB. $50. 243 on list!

OMG, you want them to start over from scratch! Lol. They said they are just doing small changes to make improvements. I’m curious to hear what they say about all your suggestions.

Excellent points FP! :+1:

Specially point #3, would like to see the driver pocket below the shelf radiused, or just leave the drill point from the rough machining pass, eliminate the flat bottom pocket, as long as there is room for the driver inductor.

Maybe not all can be accomplished this go around, but maybe/possibly in future designs?

Also maybe a different color ano besides the same old same old, gloss and matte black? :+1:

I thought a good quality thermal grease used on threaded connections makes a big difference. I recall seeing thermal images, think from saabluster, comparing with and without a high qual grease and it making a huge difference. Wouldn't that at least help the issue of the 2 piece head?

Sure I think it would help Tom, but why have it? The Jax X6 Hunter is a full head not 2 pcs, and the S70 is a pretty close copy/clone of the Original Jax X6 Hunter minus the e-switch?

You would think it would be easier and cheaper to produce, with out all the extra machining a 2pc head has involved in it?

Just saying……

I am in for 1……………….

Maybe, you could be right. Tell you the truth, I was wondering if that was even a threaded connection, but I'm no expert at reading those mech drawings. I know I've worked on a lot of cheaper lights that seemed press fit and/or glued at about that junction - I was thinking it was cheaper to make or assemble. The J12 and J18 are two examples like that.

Possible scenario… if you procure a section of thick wall tubing that will allow you to make the head without having to remove virtually all of the stock from inside, won’t that save a LOT of time at the lathe? Then only a short piece of smaller bar stock is required to make the pill section, which threads nicely into the tube (now nicely finned and all that)

So it’s an engineering choice, as much as anything else. I know I’ve paid for a large bar of high end aluminum only to see the majority of it in curlies on the floor. So it makes sense not to do it that way, if possible.

The Jaxman X1 is a solid piece from head to where the tail cap screws on. I like it, but don’t know if it makes it that much better in the long run. I probably like it for being different, for daring to take a different route.

The S70 and S70s I had were the same design, 2pc head, drawing looks to be the same…

The machining was excellent, fooled many a BLFer that purchased them, that it was a single piece head! :wink:

You raise some interesting points, and we are looking at them.

However, making another major design change is probably not in the works for this light.

I do like your ideas though…and we will look at them for future designs.

Thanks for being so detailed!

krono

I have asked TF…so we shall see.

Still working on it, but progress is slow. I’ll update that thread as soon as I know more. Thanks for asking!

On the fins…possibly…but we are pretty far along in the process.

It is TFs CAD program…so I am not sure if that is even possible.

Put me in for one.

[quote=Team KRONOS]

Nice guesses…but the diamond pattern was inspired by the ThruNite Catapult:

That is strange. I edited the above post to embed the Catapult pic, and it put it at end of the thread. :question:

Put me down for 1

Hey Kronos team, so THAT’S what you old schemers have been up to! :wink: :+1: Looking fantastic. It’s so cool to see these incredible projects taking shape on and around BLF.

Question: How would you describe the expected 5000k color temperature? The charts I’ve looked at have it right on the border between neutral white and cool white. How much difference would I notice between 5000k and 4500k, which is my usual comfort zone for nice neutral white tints?

They should be able to export it to a universal 3D solid format and then anybody can run it through an FEA program.

In for one, thanks.

Ah, and another question, whenever you guys have time and complete information: What’s the parasitic drain rate looking like for the e-switch? Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Ah! Just noticed the mechanical lockout tail switch. Very nice indeed! But I’d still be curious to know the parasitic drain too.

I think Tom said 4 cells would last til our pensions run out. Something like that. Far longer than we need worry about it. :wink:

Alright, I’m in for one (1), with additional tentative interest in the 26650 batteries purchase option and a slightly warmer / more neutral tint if one becomes available. Sign me up, Scotty! :+1: