Very cheap eneloops!

But Shirley you don’t mean….

Thanks for this Marc - just ordered a pack for the E25AW I’m waiting for from Fasttech.

I won’t be able to test them though, as I’ll be giving it to a nephew, so hopefully he’ll have a decent charger. Makes more sense than lithium primary cells, and cheaper too.

Your all very welcome. :slight_smile:

Marc.

</p>

Go inside the battery and see if they accept you for who you are ...

if not I'd consider that resistance and I'd just stay outta there .

Nobody ought to put up with that infernal internal resistance .

what if the battery has had a hard life and the internal resistance is an emotional defense mechanism?

http://www.revisesmart.co.uk/physics/sensing/emf-and-internal-resistance.html

Straightforward enough to be worth giving it a go.

I think I will leave that to ‘The Don’. I encounter far to much resistance in this house without adding to it! :wink:

Marc.

:slight_smile:

Wow… thats really cheap!

Now waiting for some more tests…

by the way… the venting holes were changed in the 1st generation already, if my memory is serving me well.
So that could still be 1st gen, even that is very unlikely.

I’ll get some detailed pics once they arrive.

The first gen had vent holes, the second didn’t. Contours don’t. The Contours also say 1500 cycles.
I guess when you’re down to £3.99, delivered! You have to get them bought.

Marc.

Sounds like they really are 2nd gen! Looking forward to the results of your tests and photos!

This might be of interest, from their site:

And from their FAQ:

So, do they OEM for Sanyo and Energizer?

Second generation still had venting holes.. until they changed that during in 2010. so, without the venting holes, they surely aren`t first generation.

Edit; I updated this info in my Eneloop overview thread as well.

Not even opened their packaging yet, but I’ll get to it tonight. I really don’t need any more AAs so long-term testing is on the cards.

All discharges will be at 550mA because that’s what my two chargers do. Likewise discharge to 1.0V is what they do.

Charging I’ll do at an amp in a Maha C800 - which can do 8 at a time which is fine as I can only discharge 8 at a time.

Initial voltage ought to get done for each one too. They ought to be pretty consistent if they are rebadged Eneloops.

Photos to come as well.

Yay, looking forward to it! :party:

I’m also in the market for some non-eneloops. I like eneloops just fine, just want some other batteries so I have something to compare :). I was thinking Tenergy 2400mAh LSDs but these might do.

They sure look like Gen. 2 Eneloops to me. See here for details.

The packaging of these cells says copyright 2011

So presumably they’d be later 2nd generation ones. My early 2G Tones do have vent holes. The manufacture date on their packaging says 2010-03

Get em tested! :wink:

Marc.