WARNING to all e-cigarette smokers: watch your face! (Instructions inside)

While I understand this point of view (not strong enough will to quit), I disagree.

Behind a strong will, usually stands a strong reason. Twice I had a strong reason to quit and I did (first for a year, second for a month). Once the reason disappeared, I started smoking again even while I didn't feel the need to smoke anymore.

You see, the "I might die" argument wasn't good enough for me, in my mind it looked like "I might die" as I might die from anything else. And this is how our brains works by the way, for people who quit, the same phrase probably looks like "I might die".

After birth of my kids, I started thinking again the possibility to really die from this poison and gone from "I might die" to "I might die" but I really liked smoking so I searched for a safer alternative to continue enjoying cigarettes.

Before buying an ecig, I spend 18 straight hours reading everything about it (by the way, reading about ecigs didn't stopped there). And it looked like it has 5% of the dangers of smoking while keeping 100% of the pleasure. If cigarettes were alcohol I would say that I feel like I switched from a bottle of scotch per day to a glass of scotch per day (danger-wise).

Now, my body is like I am not smoking, on the first week I started to sleep better, got my sense of smell back, and started to breathe better. On the second week, my heart stopped "playing drums" every time I made anything physical. Many weeks, then months followed and I was feeling better and better until about sixth month from where on, I don't feel any more improvements are made. I feel like a non smoker.

Now, I know that not vaping at all is even better. Of course it is! For our lungs, everything is worse than mountain clean air. But why exercise my will to cut little - much needed - enjoyments from my life when it doesn't really matter?

I understand your point of view but an e-ciggy was not of any particular pleasure to me. I really needed a kick from the whole toxic package not just a nicotine dose apparently. I also liked the tobacco flavor. I really doubt i had any particular love for nicotine. The whole smelly package was what kept me addicted.

I quit smoking at least once every day ;)

But seriously: My problem is like yours that I actually like smoking although my girlfriend is working hard to make me stop. I may be lucky that I'm not a heavy smoker (2-3-cigarettes daily during weekdays, about 10 on weekends) and I don't feel much of the side effects besides a reduced sense for smell and taste (e.g. I participated in the Vasa cross country race twice with a team from my job (not the original version but the relay variation where you divide the 90 km between 5 people) and did not worse than my non-smoking peers). I know the risk of cancer is much higher but unfortunately the "I might die" argument doesn't work for me, because I already know for a fact that I WILL die no matter how I live.

My rationale is (and this has actually not much to do with my smoking habits, although it applies there too): Because I'm going to die anyway, I want to enjoy my life as much as possible before that day comes, even if I might shorten it by doing so.

This does of course not mean that it's OK to act stupid. When going for example climbing I do have a lot of safety equipment with me, after all I'm not going out there with the intention to die. But the option to not go climbing at all in order to avoid the risks associated is not an option for me. That would be like only living halfheartedly. And I would always prefer an intense and exciting life even if it may will be shorter, over a healthy and long life if it had to be boring in return.

I am just starting with them, I received my first e-cig last monday, in fact I bought it due to someone here who recommended it during christmas.

I didn't quit smoking cigs already, but at least I am in the process, I am smoking 3-5 cigs now, and they used to be 20 during the week and about 30 on weekends.

I know it would be better to stop it all, but this way I can reduce the dosis bit by bit, and if I can't quit, at least I am smoking a lot less.

Let's see how it continues, but till now I feel it is working for me, my health and my wallet haha.

It is not exactly the same as smoking, but it is similar enough, if I am able to continue with it, I will also buy the E-liquid with smaller nicotine dosis every 2-3 months.

You did the very best any smoker can do (quitting cigarettes for good) and I wholeheartedly congratulate you.

Thanks. It does have a huge impact in weightlifting on me but not limited to that only. That keeps me quite motivated.

I've started gaining weight. As i consume about the same amount of calories per day probably those nicotine kicks through the day did make some difference. Metabolsim is unaffected (at least not noticeably). Skin color much better. Heart rate during high intensity exercises drops to normal very quickly unlike before. I feel much less fatigued and can do a ton of cardio i was unable to do before. I can add a few pounds of weight on almost all exercises each session. (must be the now "higher" calorie intake).

I will keep going as the only thing i gain by smoking is a hole in wallet. I like non smelly clothes, breath, silly habit, and all other benefits it has being a non smoker. Ok, smoking was quite a pleasure but the cons vs pros are really overwhelming.

I will probably have to do a strict diet in April (to shave off the excess fat) when everything stabilizes fully. I wonder if it would be easier without smoking this time... (probably not). Currently at 14% bodyfat an not concerned at all. :)

I've noticed soem had E-Cigars powered by 18650. The size i woudl understand bit the weight and "runtime" must be ridicolous?!?

I have bought a battery holder for 18650s, as far as I have been able to read, with a 18650, it lasts 2-3 days.

Most E-cigs are made with 10440,14500, and some with 2*18350.

The one I've got has a 10440 inside, I will use this one as it is more compact when I know I can replace the battery in a shor time, and the other one when I know I will not have time to replace the battery.

I would disagree with the view that quitting is simply a matter of strong will. My wife is about as strong-willed as they come, but cannot seem to stop smoking.

I quit about 8 years ago, and have not smoked a single cig since. I was 1.5 packs a day deep in Marlboro's icy grip, and quit with the aid of patches.

Smoking is an ADDICTION to nicotine, plain and simple. Most addicts would choose to quit if they could, knowing that smoking will likely shorten their lives. The disease of addiction makes that highly improbable, however.

Here is a size comparison:

From top to bottom: cigarette, 14500 ecig, 18650 ecig, yezl z1, AW18650 battery

A 18650 can provide power for a full day (with a low resistance atomizer) or 2-3 days with a plain atomizer.

Sure it is an addiction to nicotine, but it is not the same effort to each individual to give up, some pleople say they did not have almost any problem giving up, others says even 10 years after giving up, they would love to have a cigarette, and many come back in the first saturday night party..

There are people like my uncle, who decided to smoke only during the summer, and he quits again in September with no problem, and others are just "social weekend smokers".

I mean, it is not that easy to determine how easy or how difficult it is.

I don't think we disagree. Strong reason + strong will can do miracles, strong reason alone or strong will alone cannot do as much.

It will be a year march 4 since I smoked. Quit the day after we brought our daughter home from the hospital. I still have very vivid dreams about smoking once in a while… its kind of crazy how real it seems, I even get the nic buzz like when you haven’t smoked one in a while

Actually most are not even remotely addicted to nicotine. In early 190x tobacco companies found out that they must do something to keep smokers stick to the habit. Nicotine alone won't do it. So tejy started filling the papers of cigarettes with various chemicals. Any smoker can do a simple test. Tear apar a faforeite cigarette or two and put it in a pipe. Smoke a few that way when needed. When you realize something isn't just right put some cig paper in the tobacco in the pipe and try.

It's not in the interest of many governments to eradicate smoking. Way too many taxes inflow resulting from smokers.

http://www.nycclash.com/nicotine.html

I just figured I would chime in since I am a lifelong smoker and am far more addicted to my e-cig than I ever was to regular cigarettes. I have quite smoking several times for 5 years one time but I always come back. 3 Years ago bought an e-cig to smoke in my new car since I didn't want to stink it up, burn holes etc. Well since the first day I received my e-cig I have not touched a standard cigarette and I had no intention of quitting I just like the e-cig that much better. I tried ramping down the nicotine content but I just use more so I stay at max content. I bought a liter of my favorite mix for $170 dollars eleven months ago and I still have about a two month supply left so it's quite a cost saving device. Also health wise I had severe asthma before I quite smoking and I would use my asthma inhaler daily well I have not used my asthma inhaler in 3 years so there are some advantages to going digital. My fiance smokes and she will use my e-cig occasionally but it's just not for her. Ironically she smokes the same brand cigarettes I used to smoke and occasionally I will light one up for her when she is driving and I just can't stand the taste or smell anymore. It certainly isn't for everyone and it certainly isn't as good as using no nicotine at all but for some people like me it is a great tool. Another thing is if you are discreet and take small hits and don't blow out to much vapor you can sneak a vape almost anywhere. I just flew to Florida and back and vaped the whole way up and back in the plane without anyone noticing.

I used to smoke pot… a lot. It was way easier to kicK than cigs. I used to drink… a lot. It was way easier to quit than cigs. I’ve tried the patch and I’ve tried the gum. Both lasted very short time. Here in the us, the tax from cigs doesn’t go to helping people that get sick from them. We don’t have any government payed health plan.

Very well put.

The disease of addiction is different from person-to-person.

I may go 3 months, or even a year between drinks. Someone with an addiction to alcohol could be thrust back into their full-blown bender behavior taking that single drink.

@Pulsar : The dream connection is interesting. I too had smoking dreams, but only during the last stage of patch use. It shows just how deeply ingrained the craving can be, to dominate both the conscious and unconscious psyche.

Ego battery with a dual coil 510th cartomizer, madvapes.com has both. Try a nicotine level of 18-24 mg to start. Ego is easily one of the most popular ecig out there, of course not including mods

I actually just got another Ego kit from Manafont for $26 bucks that's less than half the price I was paying locally and these have the bigger longer life batteries. Priceangle has the Ego atomizers for $3 bucks each also I was paying $15 bucks each locally. I got these this week and they are identical to the ones I was getting for $15 each so I got 10 for the price of 2.

I had placed an order for the atomizers from priceangeles about one hour ago, and I also bought and I am using the egos from manafont.

E1320, I think I readt your mind hahaha.

I also bought some e-liquids and cartomizers from healthcabin.net

It's critical you find e liquid that you like the taste of and enjoy otherwise it will be more difficult to enjoy it. Try and find a variety pack of different flavors to try. I actually started with Camel cigarette flavor and then switched as my taste buds changed from not smoking. I really hope it works for you fingers crossed.